Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

On Shore Spots?

688 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Rainman 
#1 ·
Havent been out soft water fishin yet this year, because ive been competing in Feild Trials every weekend with my rabbit dogs. Well i'm pretty much done with that, and would like to catch some fish. Me, my buddy, and his little boy are going to try to get some lines in the water tomorrow. I know a few spots, S river rd access, 9 mi pier, etc. I just want to get out and catch fish, any suggestions on where to go?

Thanx in advance.

#4 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Metro Beach, Brandenburg, and the canals on Harsen's Island are some other options.
Any particular species you're after???

walleye wuld be great, but i know better than to wish for that. Really it would be nice to just catch fish, for the little guy, and for me as well. I know you can catch sheephead pretty much anywhere, some perch would be good though, at least then we could take some of those home.

I didnt realize that there was another post asking pretty much the same thing until i had already hit the go button. But im in Center Line, at 10 and Vandyke, I really dont want to drive farther then ancher bay, cause you never know when the little ones will start whining....

#5 ·
dang...if I had a dollar for every "Where can i fish from shore" post, id be a millionaire! Seems that theres a new one everyday!

#6 ·
QUOTE(Papa Smurf @ Jun 19 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dang...if I had a dollar for every "Where can i fish from shore" post, id be a millionaire! Seems that theres a new one everyday!

Just like if i had a dollar for every smart a$$ reply?... Seems like there a few on every post, what would people looking for help do with out kind folks like that.... Thnks for help boss...

Thanks for the input Big Dog, I know most places to fish from shore, but i havent heard any good reports, I hate not being in a boat, and was hoping to get a little reasurance.

#7 ·
QUOTE(JOCo @ Jun 19 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Papa Smurf @ Jun 19 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dang...if I had a dollar for every "Where can i fish from shore" post, id be a millionaire! Seems that theres a new one everyday!

Just like if i had a dollar for every smart a$$ reply?... Seems like there a few on every post, what would people looking for help do with out kind folks like that.... Thnks for help boss...

Thanks for the input Big Dog, I know most places to fish from shore, but i havent heard any good reports, I hate not being in a boat, and was hoping to get a little reasurance.

With little ones, I'd suggest Metro, at least for the first trip or two. Bathrooms are nearby and if the fish aren't biting there is more in the park to keep them entertained. Stormchaser fishes at Metro Beach quite a bit and finds a good variety, check out some if his past posts or PM him for more info.

#8 ·
Try Harely Ensign public launch - lots of room for bank fishing. Just north of metro at end of the river road. Since I saw my first mayfly yesterday there ought to lots of toads jumping around for the kids fun as a bonus! Bathrooms too! Sherriffs dept. there nice & safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.