- Discussion Forums
- The LSCN BoathouseThe general chat area.
- Lake DiscussionTalk about water levels, lake conditions, etc. here.
- The Cook BookFind and share recipes good for home or the boat, and with fish or without!
- PoliticsA place to discuss local, state, national and world.
- Local SportsDiscuss local professional and collegiate sports teams.
- Fuel Dock Price WatchKeep an eye on gas prices around Lake St. Clair!
Anchor Bay area? Would like to know ice conditions....
Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:52 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome iggy. No tip up, I had a small pink spoon on my rod loaded with a minnow. It hit like a race car and then all I felt was dead weight....... I thought Jimmy Hoffa was on the other end. After an intense 30 seconds it was laying on the ice. I have tried every recipe under the sun for pike, but I just don't like the taste. We got a couple pics then I walked it about 50 yards from my hole and set it free. I am open to some good pike recipes if anyone wants to share. FYI the closest I have got to a good taste is boiling the fillet -- cut into cubes-- in 7-UP. Dipped in butter its kind of a poor-mans crab meat.