The Lake St.Clair Network: Potatoes Joe in Fair Haven - The Lake St.Clair Network

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Potatoes Joe in Fair Haven Ripped Off

#1 User is offline   Jazzy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: Bouvier Bay
  • Boat Type:2013 Manitou VP Lounger

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Anyone that has been through Anchorville & Fair Haven, on the north end of Anchor Bay, knows who Potatoes Joe is. He has a small fruit stand, with great sweet corn & produce. He's an older man that works his butt off carting produce, to make a living. Today his cash box was stolen. Here is the info from a friend of his. Please keep an eye out for this low life.

Potatoes Joe was *stolen from this afternoon, 9/24/13 @ 2:35pm ish. No one was physically hurt, the *thief was not armed, as far as we know. The *thief was a young man, slim, long face, dark hair, trimmed beard and mustache. He was driving a small apple green SUV. The *thief has been shopping at Joe's stand a few times before. He was asking Joe about pumpkin prices. Joe went into the parking lot and was out sorting pumpkins with him. There were several pumpkins on the driveway. The weasel said that he had to use the outhouse. He went around to the back of the building instead, while he was putting the pumpkins back in the bin. He went in the back door, took Joe's cash box then ran around the other side of the building. He got in his SUV, then left heading west (toward New Baltimore). There has been a police report made. If you know of a weasel that drives an apple green SUV. or see a weasel in an apple green SUV, get the license plate number and call the Clay Township police 810-794-9381. Please share this info with everyone you know near Fair Haven, MI. Thank you.

*This info has been edited to read "stolen from" & "thief". There was no force involved in this theft.

This post has been edited by Jazzy: 25 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for posting this. I shared it on Facebook.

Potatoes Joe is kind of a fixture in our neck of the woods. Robbing an old man and his fruit stand is pretty low. Most of my neighbors and freinds in the area shop there.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   steeveau 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Harsens Island

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

The person who did this is a scumbag. We stop at Joe's stand regularly on our way to Harsens Island.

#4 User is offline   270 laser 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: The Flat's Harsen's Island
  • Boat Type:2001 175 Aquasport Osprey CC
  • Boat Name: Island Hopper

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

WOW I can not believe someone would rob him of the few dollars he makes selling produce. I too frequent Joe's on way out to the Island. What a bummer hope he gets caught!

#5 User is offline   Adios 

• Calls LSCN Home
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: xxxxxxx
  • Boat Type:xxxxxxxx
  • Boat Name: xxxxxxxxx

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

That is terrible...
Damn.
Adiós amigos y otras personas que se significan deceptors spirtited mentirosos y agitadores

#6 User is offline   sea urchin 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Home Port: North Channel
  • Boat Type:Sea Ray 280ss

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

first class dumbass,,, im sure the weekday take was smaller, as compared to a weekend,
so hopefully joe didn't take to bad of a hit,

whats wrong with people, at least he was unharmed

#7 User is offline   T-roy 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Home Port: North Channel near Anchor Bay

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

That sucks, Joe's awesome. Stopping there on Friday afternoon always reminds me to slow down & not sweat the small stuff. I hope they catch the Chicken sh!t that did this.

#8 User is offline   jeff-t 

• LSCN Sponsor since April 2010
  • Pip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for posting this. I feel bad for Joe, guy works his butt off... and some dirtbag does this.

#9 User is online   Barty Time 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

I would assume with all the cameras nowadays and the fact that the perp was driving a bright green SUV they should be able to find him pretty quickly.

#10 User is offline   Jazzy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

View Posttcg, on 24 September 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Thanks for posting this. I shared it on Facebook.

Potatoes Joe is kind of a fixture in our neck of the woods. Robbing an old man and his fruit stand is pretty low. Most of my neighbors and freinds in the area shop there.

Thanks for going through the scanner last night., Matt. Hope this low life is caught.

A bright green SUV should stand out. They asked Joe what kind of vehicle it was. He said I'm a produce guy, not a car guy. Someone suggested possibly a Dodge Journey, but I'm not aware of a factory lime green Journey.

Many of us are planning to stop & shop at Potatoes Joe this week to help generate some income for him. If you are able, please give him a little extra. He would be very appreciative. Like has been stated here by others, he is an elderly man, running a roadside produce stand. He carries every bit of produce, including pumpkins, loads & unloads his truck daily. He works his butt of to make a living. It's a shame that someone believes they have the right to his hard earned money. Let's show Joe some love!
Posted Image

#11 User is online   Barty Time 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostJazzy, on 25 September 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

A bright green SUV should stand out. They asked Joe what kind of vehicle it was. He said I'm a produce guy, not a car guy. Someone suggested possibly a Dodge Journey, but I'm not aware of a factory lime green Journey.

Ford Escape
Attached File  escape.JPG (37.95K)
Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by Barty Time: 25 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

#12 User is offline   Jazzy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostBarty Time, on 25 September 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Ford Escape

I knew Ford had a few. Kia Soul came to mind too. Someone else suggested older Jimmy's & Blazers also. Funny that the produce guy describes it as "apple' green.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Merc 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Home Port: Emerald City
  • Boat Type:1992 Maxum 230 SCR

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostJazzy, on 25 September 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

View PostBarty Time, on 25 September 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Ford Escape

I knew Ford had a few. Kia Soul came to mind too. Someone else suggested older Jimmy's & Blazers also. Funny that the produce guy describes it as "apple' green.
\

I'll be boating this weekend and will be close by. Where is he located? I'll stop and buy some produce from him

#14 User is offline   Jazzy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Potatoes Joe is on M29 between Church Rd & Meldrum Rd., in Fair Haven. It's past Tin Fish, on the north side of the highway (across the street from the lake).

He has the best sweet corn, good produce, also sells Amish jams, jellies, & salsa's. He's been there since 1968.

Any support you can give him will be much appreciated. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jazzy: 25 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   T-roy 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Home Port: North Channel near Anchor Bay

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Don't forget pumpkins, those strange colorful gourd thingys that you see this time of year, different kinds of honey, maple syrup & maple sugar, any kind of dried bean you need & Uncle Joe's famous bean mix.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.