Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

brandunburg pier

5K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  iggy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has been very good pan fishing the last month or so at brandunburg. I usually catch fish nonstop, morning bite is really good when noone is there, you can see lots of fish swimming around but when people show up they get spooky, also get spooky when people are casting rigs with sinkers and bobbers or leaving bass on stringers. Fish are constantly moving around because of it.

I have been catching dozens of crappies every day and countless rockbass and gills, I can not stop fishing for these crappies and rock bass, they are very fun to catch on light tackle. I usually release all my fish but I am catching few nice ones over 10"
if anyone knows of other spots for crappies and panfish offshore please share.

Also catching the occasional largemouth bass. Ive been using jigs mostly but assume livebait would work better. Havnt tried for musky/pike lately but they are always around the area. The pike I've caught right now are skinny and the largemouth are nice and fat. Some nice smallies also

See less See more
#16 ·
only got like 5 crappie today. had lots of bites but they were all short biting and/or not even interested. seen about 20 nice big ones and countless smaller ones but they didn't want anything to do with what I had to offer. I know they would smack live bait though. I just don't like using minnows.
Went back and night and found a small school of them and I though it was game on but they didn't want to bite. sucks how it changes day to day

#18 ·
no never tried that. I hate using live bait though. But I would think it would work great since thats what they are eating all day. maybe next time ill try that under a slip bobber or something

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
I went out today for a bit in the evening. had lots of hits on topwater only landed 3 lm bass though. Went to the end of pier and seen a crappie. went to my car and came back with my other rod and seen about 10 crappies all nice ones swimming around. Only caught 1 too many people spooking them around. they vanished after 5 minutes.
week ago cought a 44" musky and a nice 33" pike. musky was 17lb

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lol thankyou for the report! Haha. The fight today was weird, I think it was a father beating the sh*t out of his son for not coming in on his jetski with his buddy. The dad kept yelling to the two young guys on the water, as soon as they came I'm all hell broke loose.. the older dude went on a eff bomb extravaganza then started wailing on the kid, in the water, he was dunking him then socking him in the face. I was almost at the end of the pier and saw and heard it clear as day. The young kid called the cops and Chesterfield PD handled it. It escalated rather quickly lol Besides that, fishing was fun. My kid was out there gettin it done.

Attachments

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Some nice fish there, especially one of the crappies. Would have liked to see pics of the big pike and musky, which must have been a challenge to haul in using light tackle. Beached the fish?

Weird day, Perch Pro, but your kid seemed to have a handle on things.

#28 ·
Nice fish, cant believe you caught it on the little worm. Just goes to show you never know what you are going to catch in LSC. Always used to tell the kid back when he was little and fished with worms, never leave the pole unattended, one of these days its gonna be gone when you turn around.

#31 ·
I can even count how many poles I've seen go flying in the water lol. At Metro especially. I always wrap my line around the cleats on the seawall when I fish there now. I've had a pole go in there and one go in at the SCS library but luckily I managed to fish them both out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.