Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

FINALLY a decent day of fishing

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Perch-Pro 
#1 ·
Anchor Bay approximately 8 am this morning.
Went out to troll for eyes between the point and NB water tower. No bites (think we were a little late) went out to what my buddy kept calling "the hallway" on the other side of "grassy island" again nothing, not even a nibble. Clouds start moving in so we go back into bay troll a little again get a SM & a few pumkins. All on harnesses so far,
Wind REALLY started up so we decide to drift in front of Selfridge launch in about 13 FOW. Lots of weeds, bouncing in line sinkers with the harnesses. No bites so I start throwing the kitchen sink at them...
finally I did a really nice small mouth on a black with yellow spotted bucktail. Biggest one I've ever called closet falls is this it was a6 pound walleye or a small Pike our Musky.
around 3 330 we said we do it another half hour and call it quits...
My buddy laughed at me, I get a smart a$$ idea and hook halfa crawler to the front hook of my harness and a minnow to the back one... BAM! Nice SM again (OH!, forgot... fire tiger blade on harness) WE started hitting allot of pumpkins (fatties), rock bass, (good fighters) perch ( 7 - 9 )...
Bite dies off
Winds really pick up, now we are in the washing machine, really Rocky! Drift into 5-6 FOW, another hour of steady fish on harnesses (again black with yellow dots and I had LSC classic red beaded w/hammered good blade)
All in all, best day this year so far. Thanks to all you guys for the tips as I an new to St Clair Network...
Looking forward to getting some eyes and next week my buddies friend us taking me out for musky. Never caught one, , abd he was a charter owner on LSC fir years I guess. So excited!

See less See more
#5 ·
You don't need to break the bank. I've caught a ton just using big inline spinners, a lot on any type of #5 mepps black furies. Obviously the big lures like the bondy and the dirty dawg are great, too, but at $15 each you'd need to be going out once a week to justify spending that type of dough. good luck to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.