Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Black Creek

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  wilb36 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've fished st.clair forever and just now found out about this site. Having some problems with the boat currently but wonder if and gills/crappie have moved into the canals yet like black creek? Have done pretty well over the past few years there. Thanks in advance and happy fishing!

#5 ·
Gotcha. When he pluralized the word 'canals' I figured he meant them all. Yeah, there's still too much pressure and boat activity on the main canal (Black Creek). It's been a bust there all year. I usually do good on big catfish in there all summer but didn't get any over 20" this season.

#7 ·
Go into the Venetian canal off of Black Creek. Go into the first canal you get to on your right. Go to the next canal on your left, and fish right there where these two canals meet. Great spot for gills. Water is not deep and you can sight fish for them picking out the ones you want. Use a tear drop and a waxie under a small bobber for some real fun this time of year.

#8 ·
I would start giving the docks a try pretty soon. I hit a marina this morning and did well and both Crappie and some nice 8"+ Gills. I was fly fishing using a purple wooly bugger, but tubes, and marabou jigs would of course also work just as well. The north winds and cool nights this week will only help. Good luck.

(onelwil on the MS forum)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.