Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Upgrades for 2015 season

2K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  KMC 
#1 ·
What upgrades are folks planing for this boating season?

I picked up a Vessel View 4. I may change my mind, but I'd like to see my fuel usage. Also got some nice LED fixtures to replace the halogen lights in the radar arch.

At the boat show Brig had a combination step/nav light as a glue-on/add-on attached to a Falcon. Trying to lay hands on one of those to add to our Ding.

What does everyone else have planned? Besides Kemper who is adding a 4th berth, 3rd head and hot tub to his boat.

#2 ·
Well, my original plan was to upgrade to a '28 with twins. But I think the finances are going to make that next year's upgrade or the year after. I would love to get a camper top made up - I think I will spend more time out on the lake if ours had one. I would also like to add some rear-facing speakers. Winning the lotto would be nice...lol

#3 ·
Well, my original plan was to upgrade to a '28 with twins. But I think the finances are going to make that next year's upgrade or the year after. Winning the lotto would be nice...lol
I have a 29' that's easy to fit in most peoples budget.
Chris Craft Catalina

For my Commander it's getting a complete electronoics make over bringing it into this Millenia, Garmin 741xs Chart plotter, GMR 18 xHD Radar, new depth sounder, Garmin fuel flow sensors, NMEA 2000 network, most likely a Fusion stereo. New 11 gal water heater. rewire batteries adding 2 house batteries and another charger. I also had the original tachometers restored and converted to electronic, new HEI distributors, either rebuilt or new carburetors and once again probably fuel tanks if I have time.

#4 ·
My focus this year is the jet boat. I need to get a much better mooring cover for it. I have it picked out, just need to get it. It's about 400 bucks. I would also like to put individual air filters on the carburetors. Want to upgrade my stereo with USB input on the back of it. Because when I have the USB plug into the front I cannot close the glove compartment door. Other than that I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer so I can get in the garage and do some other maintenance items such as changing the oil in the stater.

#5 ·
I would like to add an amp for sure and possibly a single sub to the existing Kenwood/Polk system. Nothing outrageous, just rounding it out for good clean sound.

I still have a couple maintenance projects once the temps get up and the shrink comes off - sand and spray the drive, new anodes, replace a little mercathode system wire, and reseal the transom drain.

I need to take my mooring cover to the canvas guy to patch a couple snaps that are pulling through.

Maintenance items are cutting into the fun additions.

I would like to add a new GPS unit with a detailed LSC map while I have it out of the water, but that will probably wait. The iPhone Navionics app works fine but a mounted unit would be more convenient.

#20 ·
Love this thread, someone asks it every year about this time and it makes me feel like spring is right around the corner!!
1) remove/replace striping on upper hull2) custom pull out liquor shelf/bar in old TV cabinet3) upgrade amp and sub, add two rear facing speaker pods (for when I park next to Float On 😘)4) add second house battery5) drink a beer on the boat

#29 ·
What upgrades are folks planing for this boating season?

I picked up a Vessel View 4. I may change my mind, but I'd like to see my fuel usage. Also got some nice LED fixtures to replace the halogen lights in the radar arch.

At the boat show Brig had a combination step/nav light as a glue-on/add-on attached to a Falcon. Trying to lay hands on one of those to add to our Ding.

What does everyone else have planned? Besides Kemper who is adding a 4th berth, 3rd head and hot tub to his boat.
I feel excluded from this thread
But a hot tub would be nice!!! I could put it up in the front berth and heat it from the heat coming off the motor from the thruster! Boat might not come off plane but I will have a hot tub!!!!

#30 ·
-Replacing most windows on flybridge enclosure. 8 out of 10
-Getting dripless shafts.
-New snap in carpet in the cockpit.
-Replace all vinyl on flybridge seating & 3 pcs in cockpit.
-Carpet for dinghy. Stuff that looks like teak. The guy doing all the other stuff threw this in for free. When they give you something for free, it makes me wonder how much i should be paying in the first place!!!

Want to upgrade stereo system but will have to wait until the final bill comes in for the above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.