The Lake St.Clair Network: Anchoring in Canadian waters - The Lake St.Clair Network

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anchoring in Canadian waters what is the rule?

#1 User is offline   RK4BASSIN 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

Sorry everyone I tryed to do a search first before I posted this question.

What is needed (paper work) If I fish and ANCHOR in Canadian waters. For example walleye fishing in the St.Clair river. I know about the fishing lics. I was more worried about laws with dropping anchor but not touching LAND.

#2 User is offline   RK4BASSIN 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Well I made some phone calls. This is the information I recieved.

I called 1-888-CAN-PASS and spoke with Canandian Auth.

According to them. 1st.You call from a "Reporting Center" , which is a affiliated marina in the area, you are going to fish.

2nd. from there, they will ask you for the boats information, fishermen`s info. and location you are going to fish.

At this pont they will give you clearance to go anchore and fish "OR" they will instruct you to wait at the "Reporting Station" to be inspected and boarded by the authorities.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY DIFFRENT? or had a hassel in fishing canadian waters yet?
RK

This post has been edited by RK4BASSIN: 24 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

#3 User is online   DRP 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:38 PM

You've got it right....
Check out the new Bondy bass baits on www.bondybait.com

#4 User is offline   HardCoreMuskieMan 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: On the Trailer!
  • Boat Type:Lund Pro Sport 18 ft
  • Boat Name: Night Stalker

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(RK4BASSIN @ May 24 2006, 04:43 PM) View Post

Well I made some phone calls. This is the information I recieved.

I called 1-888-CAN-PASS and spoke with Canandian Auth.

According to them. 1st.You call from a "Reporting Center" , which is a affiliated marina in the area, you are going to fish.

2nd. from there, they will ask you for the boats information, fishermen`s info. and location you are going to fish.

At this pont they will give you clearance to go anchore and fish "OR" they will instruct you to wait at the "Reporting Station" to be inspected and boarded by the authorities.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY DIFFRENT? or had a hassel in fishing canadian waters yet?
RK

I have researched this issue closely. If you do not go ashore in Canada, you need not call CanPass. However, if you do go ashore, you are correct. Now you are faced with re-entering the USA. Only 2 ways to legally do so. You can go to a video phone, I believe there is one by the Ambassador Bridge. Or you must have a form I 68 for everyone on board. FYI.

#5 User is offline   No More Mini 

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

the previous post is 100 percent correct. Also add anchoring is the same as going ashore. It is considered "landing". If you do not land, you dont have to report to Canadian Customs and subsequently you do not have to report back to US Customs upon re-entering

Mini

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.