• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Boat Type:1994 Mariah Barchetta 182, 4.3L Alpha 1, Gen. 2

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostBarty Time, on 07 August 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostSEMIJim, on 07 August 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

View PostBarty Time, on 06 August 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

Carly owned it tonight so far.

There is one person you can rest assured will most definitely not get my vote come November 2016, and that's Carly Fiorina.

Jim

I'm not making up my mind after one debate, but I do plan on voting for someone that has actually ran something such as a company or a state. I am so sick of these senators who spend their carreers campaigning and accomplish nothing!

I can understand that. Don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. I'd only suggest you consider adding one additional qualifier: Some degree of success at running things.

Jim
Forming an opinion on gun issues from what one sees in most movies, newspapers, magazines and on TV is like forming an opinion on controlled substances from watching "Reefer Madness."

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” -- Thomas Paine, The Crisis

Je pense, donc, je suis un libertarianisme.

#17 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:53 AM

Trump live on CNN last night, says Iraq war was a huge multi trillion dollar mistake, that destabilized the whole region! Hmmm, where have I heard those exact words before? Oh yeah, right here on LSCN coming out of my mouth several times! :captain:

Keep 'em coming honest Don! :D
Just because someone hasn't stolen from you, doesn't mean that they are not a thief, and "thieves shall not inherit the kingdom of God"!

1 Corinthians 6:10

#18 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostGREATLAKES2, on 08 August 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

Trump live on CNN last night, says Iraq war was a huge multi trillion dollar mistake, that destabilized the whole region! Hmmm, where have I heard those exact words before? Oh yeah, right here on LSCN coming out of my mouth several times! :captain:

Which one of you is a liberal troll?
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:35 AM

View Posttcg, on 08 August 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Liberal Smiberal, all of LSCN Republicans who work or did work in the auto industry are liberals and Jim used to be one! :lol:
Just because someone hasn't stolen from you, doesn't mean that they are not a thief, and "thieves shall not inherit the kingdom of God"!

#20 User is offline   SEMIJim 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:1994 Mariah Barchetta 182, 4.3L Alpha 1, Gen. 2

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

View Posttcg, on 08 August 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Bah. I was saying the same thing, at the time, and have been consistent in my criticism of that mistake ever since. Does that make me a "liberal?"

58% of Democratic Senators voted in favour of the Resolution, incl. Diane Feinstein, Joe "the Dumber" Biden and Chuck "never saw an anti-gun law he didn't like" Schumer. Does that make them "conservatives?"

The thing was a Stupid Idea from the start, even if weapons of mass destruction had existed. One didn't have to be either a "liberal" or a "conservative" to figure that one out. One just had to use ones brain.

(Most conservatives I know now agree, btw, tho it took some time for them to come around.)

Jim
Forming an opinion on gun issues from what one sees in most movies, newspapers, magazines and on TV is like forming an opinion on controlled substances from watching "Reefer Madness."

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” -- Thomas Paine, The Crisis

Je pense, donc, je suis un libertarianisme.

#21 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

Trump not PC enough for Fox news, gets fired for ripping on Megyn Kelly. Don needs to tone it down just a little for his own good!

#22 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

So what do you think Jimmy the elder/the OMOTS? What do you think about my boy Trump giving "your girl" Megyan a hard time, did she deserve it? She did kind of start it, I think she might like it rough IMO. lol It might all come down to who or how many people are sick and tired of PC, seems like I remember a few of you guys around here and that has been one of the things I've agreed with more than once. He is making it interesting, not the same old same old, politics as usual!

#23 User is online   KMC 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: JBM
  • Boat Type:36' Carver Aft Cabin
  • Boat Name: hmmm... Kahlua Kove?

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:34 PM

View PostGREATLAKES2, on 10 August 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

So what do you think Jimmy the elder/the OMOTS? What do you think about my boy Trump giving "your girl" Megyan a hard time, did she deserve it? She did kind of start it, I think she might like it rough IMO. lol It might all come down to who or how many people are sick and tired of PC, seems like I remember a few of you guys around here and that has been one of the things I've agreed with more than once. He is making it interesting, not the same old same old, politics as usual!

I finally got a chance to watch the debates, both of them, from start to finish.

She wasn't being harsh on him, but he might have thought so. If you look at the questions they were giving the other candidates, Trump didn't get any more harsh treatment. If you see her follow-up interview on the issue, she basically said "I'm a big girl and I can handle the flak".

On the "PC" thing though, I think he was pretty clear... we have too many problems to deal with, and we don't have time just to be "PC".

He's right. People need to get a little thicker skin.

It was nice to see all the candidates resolve around the Iran deal too. Fiorina might not make a good president, but I'm sure she could have done better on that deal than Kerry (as Perry suggested).

#24 User is offline   buggs 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

View PostKMC, on 10 August 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

I finally got a chance to watch the debates, both of them, from start to finish.

She wasn't being harsh on him, but he might have thought so. If you look at the questions they were giving the other candidates, Trump didn't get any more harsh treatment. If you see her follow-up interview on the issue, she basically said "I'm a big girl and I can handle the flak".

On the "PC" thing though, I think he was pretty clear... we have too many problems to deal with, and we don't have time just to be "PC".

It was nice to see all the candidates resolve around the Iran deal too. Fiorina might not make a good president, but I'm sure she could have done better on that deal than Kerry (as Perry suggested).

Schumer did not like the deal either - what's that tell ya?

#25 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

View Postbuggs, on 12 August 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

View PostKMC, on 10 August 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Schumer did not like the deal either - what's that tell ya?

That he is ready to go to war now? That "he thinks" he could get a better deal? What does it tell you ole mighty one?

#26 User is offline   J.C.C. 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:2007 Starcraft Futura 180
  • Boat Name: OMOTS

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

I think you are right GL2, he is definitely making it interesting. He has thrown aside the PC crap and is saying things that an angry minority/majority have been thinking or saying to their friends for years. For examples, he is questioning ,in no uncertain terms, what the hell we are doing to seal the borders, why we are handing billions of to countries who hate this country, why don't we allow the minorities, especially blacks in failing school districts, to get vouchers for the education of their children, why can't we identify who our real enemies are in the Middle East, why do we negotiate treaties using academics when our adversaries use trained negotiators and threats in order to get what they want and we get nothing we want. Etc, etc ..... And he does it with no apologies.

As far as Donald vs Megyn goes, I think he is a whiner. And a bully whiner at that. She struck a cord with him and he couldn't take it without striking out and insulting her. If I remember correctly, all of the "debaters" were asked questions regarding issues that the moderators thought were potentially injurious to their candidacy to give them a chance to clear the air in front of a national audience. He took it as an attack when none of the others did. He said, if anyone even pokes him he is going to punch back as hard as he can. Bullies are very good at threatening. Things are cooling down between him and Megyn but it still may come back to haunt him because he will do it to others; and his true colors will become more vibrant and objectionable.
Those who trumpet the message of tolerance seem to have no tolerance for people who disagree with them.

#27 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Come on guys, he is the front runner! GO TRUMP! ;-)

#28 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

As stocks tank, Trump warns China could 'bring us down'

Some people look at a stock market plunge as a buying opportunity. Real estate mogul-turned Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump sees it more as a campaigning opportunity, going so far as to warn about the possibility of a looming economic depression. His solution? You guessed it – Vote Trump.

With world markets down Monday morning, driven in large part by a growing economic crisis in China, all indicators were pointing to a steep drop at the open of U.S. markets this morning. Trump phoned in to the Fox & Friends morning talk show at 7:30 to get in a pre-emptive “I told you so.”

“I’m the one who says you’ve got to start uncoupling from China because China’s got problems. They have big problems, and they’re bringing us down,” Trump said, to the apparently unanimous agreement of the three hosts.

“I’ve been talking about China for years,” Trump said.

“Years,” Fox host Steve Doocy echoed, nodding his head in agreement.

“China’s going bad and it’s going to bring us down too because we’re so heavily coupled with China,” Trump added. “Look, we are being run by people who don’t have a clue, they don’t know what they’re doing, they’re totally incompetent. We’ve gotta stop.”

At 9:30 on the nose, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average opening down a shocking 1,000 points, Trump tweeted out another comment, this time broadening his critique to all of Asia.

Thirteen minutes later, Trump was back on Twitter warning, “This could get very messy!” He blamed “poor planning and allowing China and Asia to dictate the agenda,” whatever that means. He ended with the instruction: “Vote Trump.”

Related: How Donald Trump Stole the Show at the Iowa Fair

By 11 a.m., the markets had recovered somewhat, but Trump was still predicting doom. In a tweet linking to a short video on his Instagram page, he appeared to be warning of a possible depression.

“I’ve been telling everybody for a long time China’s taking or jobs, they’re taking our money,” Trump said staring straight at the camera in a video shot from rather close range. “Be careful. They’ll bring us down. You have to know what you’re doing. We have nobody that has a clue.”

http://www.msn.com/e..._bingiaquotebtn

#29 User is online   KMC 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: JBM
  • Boat Type:36' Carver Aft Cabin
  • Boat Name: hmmm... Kahlua Kove?

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:35 AM

In the past 5 years or so (or maybe 10), has he really said anything regarding China that you could argue against??

His concerns over their manipulation of the currency, trying to make the Yuan the world standard currency, the construction of ghost cities and the import/export issues.... I don't think he's been off the mark much, or am I overlooking something?

#30 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostKMC, on 25 August 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

In the past 5 years or so (or maybe 10), has he really said anything regarding China that you could argue against??

His concerns over their manipulation of the currency, trying to make the Yuan the world standard currency, the construction of ghost cities and the import/export issues.... I don't think he's been off the mark much, or am I overlooking something?

I'm not all that familiar with his talking points concerning China but I've often wondered what will happen when the bill comes due for all of our debt that China holds? Do we just tell them to go fu@k themselves "come and get it"!

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.