#61 User is offline   Jelloguard 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: Belle Maer
  • Boat Type:1988 24' Sea Ray
  • Boat Name: Finally Mine

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

Going to be out for a cruise tomorrow night, planning on checking out bouvier bay. I would appreciate some opinions about where to eat. I have seen both Bobby Mac's and The Raft in the area and was wondering which was better. Been to Browns a few times now and am looking to go somewhere different.

sunglass2.gif

#62 User is offline   Barty Time 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Can't comment on Bobby Macs since I've never been there, but I do want to try it. The Raft has great burgers! Nelson's is in that area also, but I've never been there either.

#63 User is offline   Big Dog 

• LSCN Sponsor since 0410
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor
  • Boat Type:1994 Starcraft

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Jelloguard @ Jul 22 2010, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going to be out for a cruise tomorrow night, planning on checking out bouvier bay. I would appreciate some opinions about where to eat. I have seen both Bobby Mac's and The Raft in the area and was wondering which was better. Been to Browns a few times now and am looking to go somewhere different.

sunglass2.gif

The Raft is more of a bar type environment, similar to Brown's, Bobby Mac's is more upscale, but not terribly expensive, from what I hear. I haven't been to Bobby Mac's in a number of years(can't remember what the name used to be), but I've been to the Raft, great burgers and awesome chili. smile.gif
Big Dog

Just My Style Embroidery
justmystyleembroidery@gmail.com

My link

#64 User is offline   Jelloguard 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

Thanks, ideally I would like to try both. Doesn't look like I'm going to get out tonight with the weather forecast.

#65 User is offline   Jelloguard 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

Here's another one. I took my wife out for one of our anniversaries to Sombra in Canada a few years back by taking the ferry in Marine City. There is a restaurant a very short walk from the pier called the Aft Cabin. The food and atmosphere were good. I would like to possibly go there again by boat but I don't know if I can dock there and what the rules since it is in Canada would be. Anyone ever been there?

#66 User is offline   Jelloguard 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Went to Bobby Mac's on Friday for dinner. Was able to outrun the storm and was the only boat there for a bit.

This is more of a family restaurant vs. a browns but the food was very good and reasonable with a lot of variety. The beer was inexpensive as well. The docks are over 3ft so big boats can get in. Saw 50's Wood Cris Craft back in (probably a 32 footer).

We didn't feel much like socializing with the families inside so we sat outside to enjoy the view. The only bad part was that the band started up about 5 min after we arrived and turned a quiet dinner into a shout fest since they were only about 5 ft. away. Not my cup of tea for music either. If we had gotten there a bit earlier we would have been fine.

All in all another great option for dinner on the lake and easy to get to, plus got to stay dry. Talked to my Dad who went to Browns instead and got wet tongue.gif

Attached File  Photo0296.JPG (38.58K)
Number of downloads: 19

Taken from the patio, storm was heading towards Browns etc..

This post has been edited by Jelloguard: 26 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

#67 User is online   Stodge 

• Calls LSCN Home
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Home Port: MacRay Harbor
  • Boat Type:Rinker FV 342 : Brig F360LH
  • Boat Name: Tig's Toy Four Now : TT 2.5

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

How did this thread go this long without a mention of Riverside????

Pizza and Knots. Yummmmm

Riverside Location
The way to a boat's heart is through her gas tank - Stodge

Pronunciation: 'stäj noun: something or someone stodgy.

Commodore SHC
USCGAUX Vessel Examiner

#68 User is offline   Floating 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Boat Type:2007 20' Bow rider

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

This thread seems to need some updating. So, I tried Tryst (old Tin Fish) on the 4th. Our food was good, limited menu though. Service could be faster, but they were friendly. If you're having drinks this could be an issue but otherwise no big deal. We sat outside which is nice. I didn't see the inside dinning room. They have boat parking for smaller > 22' and larger boats. I have a smaller boat so the lower dock is nice. The band started while we were there, a bit loud but I'm sure the outside turns more into a bar after dark. All and all I will go again.

#69 User is offline   Gus 

• AKA gcalan
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Beacon Cover
  • Boat Type:1989 Carver Montego

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Almost went to Brown's today but there was a line of boats going out into the channel.

Instead, we went to Decker's. I had the olive burger and I'm a fan. We'll be going back to Decker's soon.

#70 User is offline   Lightfoot 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: clinton river
  • Boat Type:Searay 30, Swede 41, Seagoing 40 & MirroCraft 16
  • Boat Name: Lightfoot, Windhover, Henhouse & Cocked

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

mitrkyhunter, on 28 April 2009 - 07:08 PM, said:

I have just picked up a boat as well and was looking for places to eat/drop in. I'm from the New Baltimore area and could find Tin Fish really easily with all their new white posts. I know Nelson's Sand Bar has a big yellow seawall, but didn't go down that far.

I printed those maps and got the degrees from that interactive map. Who sells a book/map that will have all of this information? Something that can get me to anywhere I want to go?

Any help will be great.

Garmin, gps map

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

45 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.