Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Outdoor winter storage

976 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  KevinV_MEI 
#1 ·
It getting near that time where I need to start thinking of where to store my boat this winter. I am seeking a place can haul the boat out and shore it up for winter. I also would like some place that I can get some access to water and electricity in the spring when trying to wash, wax etc. seems like $2 per sq is going rate. Just wondering if people here know of a better deals?

#4 ·
I can't comment on the price because i have other winter storage arrangements for my boat but last year I was sitting on the boat enjoying a nice fall day and was watching the guys haul out and shore up several boats. They do a great job of it from what I can tell. I'd trust them with my boat if it wasn't for my access to heated winter storage.

#6 ·
Pricing is really a "convenience" thing. Places right on the lake will trend higher and those upriver lower, although every now and then you can hit the bargains.

If border-crossing issues are not too much of a hurdle, also check out wintering in Canada. For years I wintered at Ecarte Marine because I could store inside there for LESS than outside on this side of the dashed line and didn't have to deal with shrink or tarps. Before 9/11 crossing the border either way was a non-issue for me but you did have to work out the logistics of getting transportation there or back when dropping the boat off or picking it up. Also not convenient if you have a lot of projects on the boat over the "off season" (although, I had both my canvas and cushions replaced on different "off seasons" and it was much cheaper due to the exchange rate!).

#7 ·
Have a slip at Bryers Cottage Marina. Joe and Randy are very conscientious about caring for the boats. They only crane, power wash(if you want) and stand them. Out side contractors(you pick them) do the winterizing, shrink wrap, etc.. There is power and water before the pipes are drained. They do bottom painting in the spring too if you want it done. I'm not speaking for them, I have my own storage but know them well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.