The Lake St.Clair Network: Learning Disabled To Be allowed To Apply For Guns - The Lake St.Clair Network

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Learning Disabled To Be allowed To Apply For Guns

#1 User is offline   Robeng 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Boat Type:1991 Lund Angler 1600
  • Boat Name: Elusive Tails

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

Should the learning disabled, or say mentally ill, be allowed to apply for guns? Congress seems to think so. What's your take?
I have a learning disabled child and am of the strong opinion No Way.

#2 User is online   KMC 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: JBM
  • Boat Type:36' Carver Aft Cabin
  • Boat Name: hmmm... Kahlua Kove?

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

I guess at first I would wonder where the line for "mentally ill" or "learning disabled" is drawn and who gets to make that distinction.

There are a lot of people I know that I wouldn't necessarily want to be able to have a firearm of any sort, but I doubt I could have them classified as either "mentally ill" or "learning disabled".

I think if you are dependent on someone else (a parent, a guardian or even a government human services program) then that person (or entity) should have the final say, but also own the responsibility.

#3 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Robeng, on 16 February 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Should the learning disabled, or say mentally ill, be allowed to apply for guns?

Yes, and they should get the guns for free since most are not able to get work. Afterall, haven't we learned that the more guns that there are in circulation, the less gun violence we see! Rolleyes emoticon
Just because someone hasn't stolen from you, doesn't mean that they are not a thief, and "thieves shall not inherit the kingdom of God"!

1 Corinthians 6:10

#4 User is online   Barty 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 06:49 PM

Isn't that what the NICS background checks are for, or are you saying gubmint is incompetent?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.