The Lake St.Clair Network: Open docks on Detroit or St Clair River - The Lake St.Clair Network

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open docks on Detroit or St Clair River Getting boat into the water

#1 User is offline   Ibester 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Boat Type:Bass boat 20'
  • Boat Name: Nga

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

Does anyone know of a dock that's in the water ready for access for the detroit or St Clair River??? Any help would be great. Thanks guys

#2 User is offline   fasteddie 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Marine City
  • Boat Type:1997 Grady White Seafarer

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

I doubt there are any docks in at any of the launches on the St. Clair River. There is a fair amount of ice coming down the river right now in Port Huron. Boating might be a bit of a challenge.

#3 User is offline   Doc L. 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

suppose you could drive by Alter...I have heard they keep docks in.

satellite pics show ice on canadian side of lsc so I am going to hold off yet.

#4 User is offline   Calico 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: trailer

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Can't wait for the Belle Isle dock to be constructed.

#5 User is online   Zib 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: My Garage
  • Boat Type:'86 Sea Nymph FM-145
  • Boat Name: N/A

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Lake Erie Metro Park has a couple of docks in. Rotary Park at the end of Harrison Ave. in Trenton has a dock in as well.

LSC has become over guided & over exposed & many good fishing spots have become over crowded no thanks to the Internet. Damn you Al Gore!!! Why did you have to invent the Internet?

Work Harder! Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

CHARACTER
is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' Ronald Reagan

#6 User is online   KMC 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: JBM
  • Boat Type:36' Carver Aft Cabin
  • Boat Name: hmmm... Kahlua Kove?

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostCalico, on 16 February 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Are they putting a launch area in there somewhere? I poked around and couldn't find any info.

#7 User is offline   PWood 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:18' Starcraft
  • Boat Name: Mudshark

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostKMC, on 17 February 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Are they putting a launch area in there somewhere? I poked around and couldn't find any info.

The Lake St. Clair walleye Assoc., with the support of the Metro West Steelheaders, the Michigan Ontario Musky Club, the Michigan United Conservation Clubs, the Downriver Walleye Federation, Lance Valentine's Walleye 101, the Michigan College Bass Circuit, the Lake Superior State University Bass Club, the Central Michigan University Bass Fishing Club, Michigan Bass Nation and the Michigan Bass Anglers, drafted a letter to Ronald Olsen, Director DNR Parks and Recreation Department, requesting they consider a launch at the state park on Belle Isle. They took the letter to the Ultimate Fishing Show and got 2290 signatures on it. The letter was then presented to Mr. Olsen at the Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee meeting on Jan. 19.
There has already been some discussion on constructing a new Detroit River launch on Belle Isle or at the William G. Milliken State Park and Harbor.
Can't come too soon..
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles!

LSCWA
MUCC

#8 User is offline   NRK 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Home Port: Port Huron
  • Boat Type:77 Smokercraft modified V 16.5 50hp Evinrude
  • Boat Name: TOMCAT

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:18 PM

Marysville has the docks in but really bad ice coming down today, just got back from lunch and all the ice is in the US side due to the south east wind pushing it over... Haven't heard of anything going on this far up the river yet water was 40F at the boat launch so I'm thinking the river would be 36-38F.I would like to see what Decker's is like for this weekend...I have picked up some nice eyes up in the shallows around grass island in March before

#9 User is offline   Calico 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostKMC, on 17 February 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

It's planned according to Mr Creigh from DNR.

#10 User is offline   Calico 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

A campground would be cool too

#11 User is online   Zib 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:59 PM

View PostCalico, on 17 February 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Ya because everyone is just dying to go camping in Detroit. If you want to camp in Detroit so bad you can go camp in my old neighborhood as there are very few houses left & you could camp in the open lots. :rolleyes:
LSC has become over guided & over exposed & many good fishing spots have become over crowded no thanks to the Internet. Damn you Al Gore!!! Why did you have to invent the Internet?

CHARACTER

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' Ronald Reagan

#12 User is offline   Calico 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

View PostZib, on 17 February 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Ya because everyone is just dying to go camping in Detroit. If you want to camp in Detroit so bad you can go camp in my old neighborhood as there are very few houses left & you could camp in the open lots. :rolleyes:

For the outta staters since Algonac is the only answer we have for them

#13 User is offline   Calico 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

I don't need it but rednecks inDetroit would be cool. That island is ruined by the locals . Diapers and garbage in all lots. Push em out!!! I see it when it happens.

#14 User is online   Zib 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostCalico, on 17 February 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

View PostZib, on 17 February 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

For the outta staters since Algonac is the only answer we have for them

There's camping at Sterling State Park right on Lake Erie. Walleye Mike goes there every year.

CHARACTER

#15 User is online   Zib 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostCalico, on 17 February 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

I don't need it but rednecks inDetroit would be cool. That island is ruined by the locals . Diapers and garbage in all lots. Push em out!!! I see it when it happens.

Ever since the state took over running Belle Isle is has been cleaned up, put new barbeque grills in, the roofs on the pavilions have been repaired etc. I've seen a lot more people from the suburbs out there running, riding bikes & fishing.

My office has an annual picnic on Belle Isle every August. When the city ran it (actually ran it into the ground) a manager from my office would take the afternoon off work the day before our picnic & he would bribe ($20 each) the city workers to do the job they were already being paid to do & had them clean up around the pavilion that we were having our picnic at. They of course did a chit job & then had the nerve to stop by when we were having our lunch & look for a hand-out & then they would bring their other co-workers by for a hand-out as well. Once the state took over there was no need to bribe the workers because it's now state workers who actually do the job they are supposed to do & the picnic area has never been cleaner.

With the state police having a post on the island most of the criminals & degenerates that trash the island stay away. I have noticed less of the locals fishing there & I assume that's due to the CO's giving out tickets for no fishing licenses & for undersized, out-of-season & over the limit on fish.

CHARACTER

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.