• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: Marysville
  • Boat Type:05 18ft lund
  • Boat Name: mj&g

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

Hey Guys,
I have an old Victrola Trolling reel...any ideas on how or where to offer it up for sale..I tried looking on E bay but could not see anything like it..Maybe it is unique to our area...any ideas would be appreciated...Gary

#2 User is offline   jimmyfins 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

go to michigan sportsman they have a for sale board that might work for you. Also type in under members search hot wired he's quit knowledgable on those type of reels. if he's not interested he would tell you what it is worth.

jim

#3 User is offline   boomhauer 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Home Port: marine city

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:04 AM

I started trolling with a Victrolla motor mounted in a trolling box when I was a kid.

Victorola motors mounted in trolling boxes were quite popular in this area at one time. Some guys still use them. They are still known for their smooth, non-jerking retrieve. If you haven't tried using it yet, give it a try before you decide to get rid of it. You might just enjoy it and decide to keep it. Just keep a steady strain on the wire and dont let the line jump out of your hand while it is retrieving or the wire will jump the spool, just like the with the Schaller reels.

As an antique, there isn't much of a value because the motor is not a part of it's original product. As a functioning trolling reel, their superior smooth release and retrieve is close to the smoothness of a St. Clair reel. Some of the old Schallers were also pretty smooth.

#4 User is offline   mj&g 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Marysville
  • Boat Type:05 18ft lund
  • Boat Name: mj&g

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:15 AM

Thanks everyone this has been a great help...and your right boomhauer..it is smooth...Thank you again...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.