The Lake St.Clair Network: Mitchell's Bay fishing spots - The Lake St.Clair Network

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mitchell's Bay fishing spots Where to go!

#1 User is offline   Murchie 

• New Recruit
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

This Saturday I'm renting a boat from Bass Haven in Mitchell's Bay, and going out for the day (starting at 7AM) with my girlfriend (who's actually warming up to fishing!).

I've never been out around there before, so could anyone direct me to some hot spots so she gets one and this fishing thing sticks?

It's only a 14 foot aluminum boat with a 15 HP motor, so try to keep this in mind.

Even better than "around this spot" would be GPS coordinates! (;

Thanks in advance for the help!

This post has been edited by Murchie: 26 June 2007 - 06:23 PM

#2 User is offline   CASTMASTER 5000 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Lakeview Park Marina
  • Boat Type:15' aluminum, 19'Skeeter
  • Boat Name: Castmaster

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Murchie @ Jun 26 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This Saturday I'm renting a boat from Bass Haven in Mitchell's Bay, and going out for the day (starting at 7AM) with my girlfriend (who's actually warming up to fishing!).

I've never been out around there before, so could anyone direct me to some hot spots so she gets one and this fishing thing sticks?

It's only a 14 foot aluminum boat with a 15 HP motor, so try to keep this in mind.

Even better than "around this spot" would be GPS coordinates! (;

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mess around on this site http://www.marinecruiser.com/chart.html and look for drops, points and other structure. The cursor position gives you GPS numbers. Welcome to the site!!!
I'm gonna miss her.

#3 User is online   kayceedee 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Mitchell's Bay
  • Boat Type:2000 23ft Sport-Craft 232GLS
  • Boat Name: K-Sea-D

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:48 PM

Not sure what the weather is going to be doing come this weekend so you may be limited in a 14ft boat. Definately play around with the link that Castmaster gave you and get some things in mind. Also talk to Dennis there at Basshaven the day you go out and he will point you in the right direction. He should be able to put you on to some fish right out from Basshaven without having to do a 3 mile boat ride. He is a great guy and not afraid to share some info. If weather is nice follow the cut out and look for the pack of boats around XE2. It is a constant producer and you have an opportunity to catch about any species. If you go to the Bashaven website there is a map feature and you will see exactly where XE2 is. XE2 should also be marked on the Marinecruiser site with GPS coordinates. Good luck and let us know how you do!!!
"Wishin' I was Fishin'!"

#4 User is offline   ranger519 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:47 AM

What species are you looking for?...that will help pointing you in the right direction.

I concure with Kayceedee Dennis will give you some good info. smile.gif

#5 User is offline   Murchie 

• New Recruit

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE(ranger519 @ Jun 27 2007, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What species are you looking for?...that will help pointing you in the right direction.

I concure with Kayceedee Dennis will give you some good info. smile.gif

Thanks for all the advice so far!

I'm used to fishing smallmouth and largemouth, and they're always fun.
I'd be interested in a spot with some bigger fish too though.

It would be fun to get a walleye, because I've never fished anywhere with a lot of them, and have never got one before. I come from grand river country, so bass and trout is pretty much what you get there.

I'm planning to use mostly rapalas with the option of switching off to Mepps, spoons, or rubber bait with a 14# red coloured line (I discovered this stuff while I was on vacation in florida and it's been lethal for bass even though it's a heavier line)

I'm assuming that it should be no different for these bigger fish, but if you have any tips there, let me know too!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.