The Lake St.Clair Network: Selfridge Ice Fishing Report - The Lake St.Clair Network

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Selfridge Ice Fishing Report

#1 User is offline   JHymore419 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

Went out 8AM slow start, then 11am on nothing but action the remainder of the day. Never moved one time after setting up shanty. Caught 75 perch with about 25 solid 8-9 inchers. I did lose a really nice jumbo about 12 incher and lost a couple 10's, and 40 or 50 more dinks got some free bait. Was a pretty fun day all in all despite the wicked winds. Ice was about 11 inches thick and we were fishing only 5 fow. Will post a couple pics guys and ladies. I'm actually having trouble uploading my pics, I hit browse, right click pic, hit select, then hit upload but its saying i did not select a file what's goin on? Anyone got any hints to resolve this?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by JHymore419: 01 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

#2 User is offline   salt river bob 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: salt river
  • Boat Type:85 25.5 sea ray amberjack
  • Boat Name: a reel family

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(JHymore419 @ Mar 1 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went out 8AM slow start, then 11am on nothing but action the remainder of the day. Never moved one time after setting up shanty. Caught 75 perch with about 25 solid 8-9 inchers. I did lose a really nice jumbo about 12 incher and lost a couple 10's, and 40 or 50 more dinks got some free bait. Was a pretty fun day all in all despite the wicked winds. Ice was about 11 inches thick and we were fishing only 5 fow. Will post a couple pics guys and ladies. I'm actually having trouble uploading my pics, I hit browse, right click pic, hit select, then hit upload but its saying i did not select a file what's goin on? Anyone got any hints to resolve this?

were you over by the barracks?

#3 User is offline   Craves 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: St. Clair - in the garage
  • Boat Type:1985 16' Starcraft
  • Boat Name: Fishin' Machine

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Nice report...congratulations!
Nobody says on their death bed " I wish I would have worked more." Go Hunting ,Fishing or Golfing as much as you can.

#4 User is offline   PelicanKayaker 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:Pelican Castaway fishing kayak

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

You have to shrink the images before you can post them. You can either use an online shrinker or any photo editer. Nice report, wish i had time to get out.

#5 User is offline   stormchaser5399 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Make sure your images are in the accepted image formats only. If they are not, the uploader wil lreject them. Also when you go to browse for your images, left click once the file so it is highlighted, then click ok to the box. Next click upload, and you should see it show up in the attachments manager drop down. If you are unsure of what formats are supported, when the box pops up asking for your file, go to the bottom drop down where it shows the formats, and click the arrow to pull that down, and it will show you what formats the uploader accepts. Hope that helps!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   JHymore419 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(salt river bob @ Mar 1 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes we went out at the launch there and walked about 300 yards to the right. not very far out because of the winds so way stayed in a lil.

#7 User is offline   JHymore419 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Mar 1 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure your images are in the accepted image formats only. If they are not, the uploader wil lreject them. Also when you go to browse for your images, left click once the file so it is highlighted, then click ok to the box. Next click upload, and you should see it show up in the attachments manager drop down. If you are unsure of what formats are supported, when the box pops up asking for your file, go to the bottom drop down where it shows the formats, and click the arrow to pull that down, and it will show you what formats the uploader accepts. Hope that helps!

Hey thanks for the tip I'm going to try this again. pretty long day ya know, lol.

#8 User is offline   JHymore419 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Mar 1 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to shrink the images before you can post them. You can either use an online shrinker or any photo editer. Nice report, wish i had time to get out.

Thanks for the tip, I will hopefully have this figured out soon.

#9 User is offline   Woods Before Water 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Home Port: Roseville
  • Boat Type:1978 Starcraft Islander 22' with straight six
  • Boat Name: Just Big Enough

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

Nice report. Hopefully everything picks up on our last days out on the ice. Wiggely Wiggely Lets go Walleying Boys (Nascar Fans Will Get This). LOL
2012-13 Season Fishing Totals:

1 Walleye
1 Smallmouth Bass

2012-13 Season Hunting Totals

10 Fox Squirrels
7 Black Squirrels
13 Grey Squirrels

Proud Member Of The NRA, Keeping guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.

People say gun owners are paranoid thats why they own guns, I beg to differ why would I be paranoid if I have a gun.

"Take your kids Hunting, So you don't have to hunt for your kids." Ted Nugent

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear because I am the meanest mother*****er in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Let's Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 User is offline   wally-on 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Home Port: garage

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

good fishing sunday at selfridge,were out by barracks sunday too 5 feet of water ,50-60 fish 10 keepers ,spikes minnows wigglers,heck caught 2 with no bait at all, hard hitting sunday lost alot of fish .winds were crazy, great ice

#11 User is offline   schram 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

nice catch and thanx sunglass2.gif

#12 User is offline   Tony 

• LSCN Sponsor since Jan 08
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Home Port: driveway
  • Boat Type:16 foot starcraft center console
  • Boat Name: Whiskey 8

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(JHymore419 @ Mar 1 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes we went out at the launch there and walked about 300 yards to the right. not very far out because of the winds so way stayed in a lil.

This report is killing me!!!! Top Gun and I were working our way down there yesterday from cotton a few hundred yards at a time when we started catching a few fish and decided to make a stand and stop moving. Ended up with 11 small keepers, should have followed the gut feeling and headed all the way but my gut feelings have not paid off much this year so I ignored it. laugh.gif
CRESSWELL & FROBERGER P.C.
Free Consultations for Civil, Criminal, Family, Probate, and Bankruptcy
(586) 731-7670 www.frobergerlaw.com

#13 User is offline   JHymore419 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(wally-on @ Mar 2 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good fishing sunday at selfridge,were out by barracks sunday too 5 feet of water ,50-60 fish 10 keepers ,spikes minnows wigglers,heck caught 2 with no bait at all, hard hitting sunday lost alot of fish .winds were crazy, great ice

LoL I know what you mean about the no bait thing, I also caught two with no bait on my swedish. They were hitttin our dead minnows just the same as the live ones. It was pretty nuts, and lots of fun.

#14 User is offline   JHymore419 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Tony @ Mar 2 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(JHymore419 @ Mar 1 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This report is killing me!!!! Top Gun and I were working our way down there yesterday from cotton a few hundred yards at a time when we started catching a few fish and decided to make a stand and stop moving. Ended up with 11 small keepers, should have followed the gut feeling and headed all the way but my gut feelings have not paid off much this year so I ignored it. laugh.gif

Sorry to hear you guys didn't get the same schools we did out there. But hey, the weekend before last, my buddy and I went to Saginaw Bay, Bayport area and walked 2 miles out to get blown off the lake by a mini blizzard. It was the worst weather conditions I've been apart of on the ice. 40-50 mph winds while it dumped 8-9 inches of snow. Only caught 2 dinks and he got skunked. I guess you take the good with the bad. Thats Good Ol Fishin for ya!

#15 User is offline   fishn4fun 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Boat Type:bass boat
  • Boat Name: catchin bass and tappin a$$

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

fished between metro and ginos caught about 50 also in 5' of water and they were all small, didnt keep one.
caught all mine on a dark green little tear drop with no bait on it... and we also had mins and jiggin raps .....
some of the schools were very agressive, some were spooky, and some didnt even look at the baits.

This post has been edited by fishn4fun: 02 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.