• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Afghanistan "War of necessity"

#1 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

Has anyone heard any TV MSM reports regarding Afghanistan? Is the war going well?

Have there been any casualties?

Have there been no civilian casualties? That usually always brought out some group to protest how America was killing the innocent so some politician could then get a sound bite and portray our brave military men and women in combat as killers.

Seems like the news has been very limited. Is "No news" ... good news? Seems like last year everyday there was a story every night given progress or lack of progress.

Has interest in this war changed? Anyone know?

This post has been edited by Three Rules: 08 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Man is not free unless government is limited.

#2 User is offline   Bob David 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

In my reading, it seems the casualty list is growing. Maybe due to the increase in offensive strategy, who knows?

Bob
Stop the liberal lunacy........
Paul Ryan for President in 2012!!!

#3 User is offline   3crabs 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:SeaDoo Speedster
  • Boat Name: 3 crabs (After My wife & two daughters)

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

According to GB, theUnited States has a lack of realistic strategy.
Can any body tell me just what exactly are strategy is in Afghanistan is?

Quote from article:
The international military mission in Afghanistan has delivered "much less than it promised" due to the lack of a realistic strategy, an influential committee of lawmakers said Sunday.
In a report, the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee said without a clear strategy stabilising Afghanistan had become "considerably more difficult than might otherwise have been the case."

Lawmakers criticised US policies in Afghanistan and Pakistan and warned the "considerable cultural insensitivity" of some coalition troops had caused serious damage to Afghans' perceptions that will be "difficult to undo".

Article:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CN...;show_article=1

3 US troops killed just today:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-08...an_N.htm?csp=34

And according to the AP, it apears the General in charge of operations just may call for more troops , quoting from the article :
" The U.S. general put in charge of turning around the war in Afghanistan is likely to recommend significant changes in the campaign and may include a request for more U.S. forces that the White House is expected to resist."
Article : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090731/ap_on_..._afghanistan_10

Not good I would say. Not good at all for our troops. Lack of realistic strategy, general in charge may ask for more troops and the whitehouse is expected to deny him. British troops to focus on security alone and quoting " the military had not been given "clear direction". "

Not good at all.

and according to this CNN reporter , theres no way the US can win any war in afghanistan
http://www.breitbart.tv/cnn-correspondent-...in-afghanistan/

This post has been edited by 3crabs: 02 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

#5 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(3crabs @ Aug 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to GB, theUnited States has a lack of realistic strategy.
Can any body tell me just what exactly are strategy is in Afghanistan is?

Quote from article:
The international military mission in Afghanistan has delivered "much less than it promised" due to the lack of a realistic strategy, an influential committee of lawmakers said Sunday.
In a report, the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee said without a clear strategy stabilising Afghanistan had become "considerably more difficult than might otherwise have been the case."

Lawmakers criticised US policies in Afghanistan and Pakistan and warned the "considerable cultural insensitivity" of some coalition troops had caused serious damage to Afghans' perceptions that will be "difficult to undo".

Article:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CN...;show_article=1

3 US troops killed just today:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-08...an_N.htm?csp=34

And according to the AP, it apears the General in charge of operations just may call for more troops , quoting from the article :
" The U.S. general put in charge of turning around the war in Afghanistan is likely to recommend significant changes in the campaign and may include a request for more U.S. forces that the White House is expected to resist."
Article : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090731/ap_on_..._afghanistan_10

Not good I would say. Not good at all for our troops. Lack of realistic strategy, general in charge may ask for more troops and the whitehouse is expected to deny him. British troops to focus on security alone and quoting " the military had not been given "clear direction". "

Not good at all.

and according to this CNN reporter , theres no way the US can win any war in afghanistan
http://www.breitbart.tv/cnn-correspondent-...in-afghanistan/

If the war is not going well why are the TV networks not playing it up? They seemed more than engaged in years past.

Could it be because there is a new guy running the operation they want to protect?

I do not hear the term "exit strategy" now either. Has "Code Pink" gone into seclusion? Seemed like they were also in the news at least weekly.

This post has been edited by Hookedagain: 02 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

#6 User is offline   Big Dog 

• LSCN Sponsor since 0410
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor
  • Boat Type:1994 Starcraft

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

Afghanistan?
Is there a war there?
Haven't heard a thing about it from the MSM lately dry.gif

<scarcasm off>
Big Dog

Just My Style Embroidery
justmystyleembroidery@gmail.com

My link

#7 User is offline   Sensei 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

About halfway through a book called, Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, and it is very good. It provides some insights into Afghanistan and the war there. It also fully documents how bad a$$ the Seals are and what the brave men and women of our armed services must endure. I will always believe that the grunts on the ground are the best source of information and they call it like it is and the MSM can spin anything.

This post has been edited by edalz: 02 August 2009 - 10:13 PM

Dead 50" fish don't follow, dead 50" fish don't hit, dead 50" fish don't fight and escape, dead 50" fish don't give you the thrill of a lifetime and dead 50" fish don't reproduce. They just hang there: dead worthless curiosity's-Jack Burns

#9 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:32 AM

There is a guy I see on my drive home. Usually everyday. He had a couple bumper stickers.

The one that says something about "End this endless war" . And another that was less than flattering about President Bush.

During the election cycle he took off the one about President Bush. Left the one about the “Endless War” and added a "Obama for Change" sticker.

Now he has no bumperstickers. I guess the "endless war" is no longer an issue with him now that his guy won the election and the "change" about the war took place.

#10 User is offline   Sensei 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(edalz @ Aug 2 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About halfway through a book called, Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, and it is very good. It provides some insights into Afghanistan and the war there. It also fully documents how bad a$$ the Seals are and what the brave men and women of our armed services must endure. I will always believe that the grunts on the ground are the best source of information and they call it like it is and the MSM can spin anything.

Finished the book and really liked it. I won't give out the ending but I can say it was very surprising and gave a good idea of what is really happening on the ground.
Dead 50" fish don't follow, dead 50" fish don't hit, dead 50" fish don't fight and escape, dead 50" fish don't give you the thrill of a lifetime and dead 50" fish don't reproduce. They just hang there: dead worthless curiosity's-Jack Burns

#12 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

During the Bush Administration there was always talk of an Exit Strategy for Iraq.

Now that the new administration has committed more effort to the war in Afghanistan has the President released his Exit Strategy for Afghanistan??

Or is this thinking no longer important since we have a change in political party? dry.gif

This post has been edited by Hookedagain: 05 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

#13 User is offline   Jazzy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Bouvier Bay
  • Boat Type:2013 Manitou VP Lounger

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

My nephew is in the Air Force, he is in Bagram, Afghanistan working security, on & off base. There have been IED hits on base, a close friend of his was killed, although it was not mentioned in this article he sent to me about the bombing. But it does mention BO sent 21,000 troops there this year! Exit Irag, enter Afghanistan. Where's the outrage?

Bagram: Is It Still A Safe Base
June 22nd, 2009 - 12:17 am ICT by GD- Kabir Ahmad, Bagram's top government official reported that there were 2 rockets which were fired on the Bagram base, which lies 25 miles northeast of the Afghan capital Kabul, in the early hours of Sunday. The explosion, at Bagram base, also hurt six Americans, out of which 4 are military personnel and the remaining two are civilians, as told by US military spokeswoman, Lieutenant Commander Christine Sidenstricker. The wounded personnel were taken to the nearby hospital on Bagram for treatment, there is no news of Afghan civilians being attacked near the base.

The untimely deaths of men and women have generated a lot of discussion. Comments from sources reveal people saying that "All political parties should hang there heads in shame when we have young men and women fighting in Afghanistan against the Taliban and some of these young troops are coming home in body bags.What do our so called politicians do, they cheat the system and say it was a mistake."

In response to the attack, the alarmed US government, with orders of President Barack Obama sent 21,000 additional troops to the country this year to fight against increasing violence by Taliban. The number of US military personnel dying in Afghanistan was 151 last year and this year its 80, till now.

Compared to other troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, who experience rocket attacks frequently, at times weekly, daily, or even multiple times in one day, Bagram continues to be a safe base. Bagram is sprawling Soviet-era base that is responsible for housing thousands of troops, mostly from the 82nd Airborne Division. Most forces present in the Bagram base are American, but many other countries also have their troops at the base.
Source: Thaindian News

My nephew is on the right. Please keep him & all our troops in your prayers. Thank you.

Attached File  Brad_inAfghanistan.jpg (84.96K)
Number of downloads: 5

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Sensei 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

Jazzy,

It is great that your Nephew is serving his country and I will keep him in my prayers.

#15 User is offline   Jazzy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Bouvier Bay
  • Boat Type:2013 Manitou VP Lounger

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(edalz @ Aug 5 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jazzy,

It is great that your Nephew is serving his country and I will keep him in my prayers.

Thank you edalz. I am very proud of my entire family's service to our country. I have 9 brothers that served in all branches of the miltary. There are also numerous nephews, cousins, & even a few nieces that also served or are serving now. Thank you for your prayers.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Big Dog 

• LSCN Sponsor since 0410
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor
  • Boat Type:1994 Starcraft

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Prayers and well wishes for all who serve our country, anywhere smile.gif
Big Dog

Just My Style Embroidery
justmystyleembroidery@gmail.com

My link

#18 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Aug 5 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My nephew is on the right. Please keep him & all our troops in your prayers. Thank you.

Attached File  Brad_inAfghanistan.jpg (84.96K)
Number of downloads: 5

I will add Jazzys' nephew to my prayer list.

#19 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

What is President Obama’s Exit Strategy for Afghanistan??

I know Democrats were very interested before...

I am sensing some Hypocrisy on their parts NOW.

Share this topic:

• 51 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.