• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SHORE FISHING FOR PERCH

#1 User is offline   northern_slayer_05 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

IS THERE ANYWHERE OUT THERE TO GO CASTING OFF SHORE OR DOCKS FOR PERCH OR IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO LET ME USE THEIR PROPERTY. I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND FOWARD ATLEAST THE PART OF USING SOME ONES PROPERTY BUT NEED TO CATCH SOME FISH THAT I CAN ACTUALLY EAT. SUCKERS ARE GREAT BUT DON'T HAVE SMOKER SO THERE OUT . SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
Red Wing Shoe Store
42517 Ford Rd
Canton Mi 48187
(734)844-8857

#2 User is offline   iggy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: trailered
  • Boat Type:(oldd) 15 ft fiberglass run-a-bout
  • Boat Name: "IT BEATS WORKING"

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(northern_slayer_05 @ Mar 17 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IS THERE ANYWHERE OUT THERE TO GO CASTING OFF SHORE OR DOCKS FOR PERCH OR IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO LET ME USE THEIR PROPERTY. I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND FOWARD ATLEAST THE PART OF USING SOME ONES PROPERTY BUT NEED TO CATCH SOME FISH THAT I CAN ACTUALLY EAT. SUCKERS ARE GREAT BUT DON'T HAVE SMOKER SO THERE OUT . SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Harson's island is suppose to be good for perch as soon as the ice leaves, so that is like now. I fished off of the pier at Brandenburgh Park and New Baltimore Park (now open to the public) and also at the docks at Metro in the boat basin. Should be good this time of year with minnows. And another good spot is at the Clinton river along S. River road by the party store that closed down at the last bend in the road.

Good luck! If I get any, I'll write a good report for all.

#3 User is offline   yoopertree 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Boat Type:'89 17 ft Alumacraft Phantom V170
  • Boat Name: 100 GT

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 17 2010, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(northern_slayer_05 @ Mar 17 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harson's island is suppose to be good for perch as soon as the ice leaves, so that is like now. I fished off of the pier at Brandenburgh Park and New Baltimore Park (now open to the public) and also at the docks at Metro in the boat basin. Should be good this time of year with minnows. And another good spot is at the Clinton river along S. River road by the party store that closed down at the last bend in the road.

Good luck! If I get any, I'll write a good report for all.

Sounds good Iggy.
Haven't got my fill of those little yellow buggers yet.
Darn tempted to canoe the shorelnes by Selfridge to Cotton Rd.

#4 User is offline   rubbnsmoke 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

you could also try the mouth of the Clinton R. Plus if you're looking for fish to eat there's some decent fishing for channel cats there too.
It's so nice to be insane...nobody ever asks you to explain....

"I think I look forward to the opening day of deer season more than any other day of the year...it's like Christmas....with guns"

Once upon a time a guy asked a girl "Will you Marry Me?"... she said "No" and he lived happily ever after and went hunting and fishing ALOT and drank beer and farted whenever he wanted. The End

Why don't we ever see this headline..."Psychic Wins Lottery"

Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter and Lousy Fisherman

Whoever said "Money can't buy Happiness" never owned a really great fishing rod.

#5 User is offline   iggy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

There is one more area where there are some fishing piers that I never saw mentioned here yet, and these are at Metro park out near the mouth of the black creek that comes out of the park into the lake. There are two new wood piers out there that do not go too far out into the water, but they are very nice and the water is about 6-7 feet within casting distance. Metro operates a "train" that will take you and your equipment out to the piers for 50 cents round trip, otherwise it is about a one mile walk. The train will pick you up at the train station (a bench) next to the park office. I believe they do not operate until 8:00 A.M. once they start it up for the season. You can call the perk and find out for sure when it will be running.

I have seen pike, walleye, bass, perch, gills, catfish, rockbass,sheephead, dogfish, sunfish, you name it and you can catch it there. Quite a bit of boat traffic mid summer on weekends to contend with. Don't have to worry about your lines getting in the way, but weeds get churned up and blow into the shore alot.

#6 User is offline   PelicanKayaker 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:Pelican Castaway fishing kayak

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

those docks at metro are the only place i shore fish in the summer. Amazing fishing there, atleast for sheeps and cats. There are usually one or two bonus species per trip as well.

#7 User is offline   eaglelarry 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: blossom heath
  • Boat Type:24' bayliner trophy
  • Boat Name: EAGLE'S NEST

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

metro beach, harly ensignaccess site at the foot of south river road. The access site at the end of hall road. Those could be your best bets now.Don.t overlook the canals now either
Patriot Guard Riders,
standing for those ,

who stood for us
POW-MIA's
bring them home or send us back!

Freedom Ain't free,
Ask a VET!

#8 User is offline   Intimidator13 

• New Recruit
  • Home Port: Home
  • Boat Type:1996, 18', baja, Islander
  • Boat Name: Aquaholic

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

Try by the St. Clair Shores Library at 11 mile and Jefferson. All the ice is gone. I went with 2 nieghbors and we caught some nice 9-10 inchers, along with some nice crappie and a couple bluegills. Good luck!

#9 User is offline   iggy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Intimidator13 @ Mar 19 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try by the St. Clair Shores Library at 11 mile and Jefferson. All the ice is gone. I went with 2 nieghbors and we caught some nice 9-10 inchers, along with some nice crappie and a couple bluegills. Good luck!

Do you need to be a St Clair Shores resident to park and fish by the library??

#10 User is offline   Flatlandfishing 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:Sit on top kayak

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:02 AM

Yes you need to be a resident to get in. But when c/r bass starts let me know and I will get you in Blossom Heath. Good fishing for the shore guys
Getting towed around by a big fish in a kayak is awesome!!

Miles paddles this year =20 miles

#11 User is offline   Grapes 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

Nothing wrong with eating suckers. Treat them just like you would pike. You can fillet them, leave the hair bones in, and just cut into 2 inch long pieces and deepfry. Or you can grind up the fillets in a food processor, add panko bread crumbs and other ingredients to make some of the best fish cakes you will ever eat. Just a few of the ways I enjoy them, and next weekend is my annual trip up to Omer for the Sucker festival.
LONGBOWS FOREVER

#12 User is offline   fitsus 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Beacon Cove
  • Boat Type:34 Sea Ray
  • Boat Name: NO Name

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 20 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Intimidator13 @ Mar 19 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you need to be a St Clair Shores resident to park and fish by the library??

Just walkiing the docks today not alot of action but one guy was fly fishing and pulled in a nice 11" hen. He said he was there for quite awhile but it was nice seeing this hog. Have to put my stuff in the Jeep and throw a line once in awhile.

No guard there today just keep it cleen.
^Find the Cure^
CANCER SUCKS

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost!"
-- Ronald Reagan, Labor Day 1980

#13 User is offline   hawkwatcher65 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

Kids wanted to do some off shore fishing. Took em to 11 mile. 3 Hrs 12 decent perch 8-10. Only had to throw back about 6 or so smaller ones (using minnows). Could have been worse.

#14 User is offline   Fishmonger 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Garage
  • Boat Type:1969 16ft Starcraft w/40hp Electramatic Johnson

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

Went to Metro and fished on the Black River. Only kept two fish that were 7-8 inchs, but caught a ton of dinks. They weren't biting on minnows at all,..used pieces of crawlers and it made all the difference in the world. Oh well, it was better than sitting on the couch watching hoops.

#15 User is offline   lilfisher_bigfish 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

what docks in metro are the best to fish in?
can you post a picture witha circle or somthing around that docks to fish in please?
lilfisher_bigfish
fisher 4 life
fish to live, live to fish

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.