#1 User is offline   hotrodchevy97 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: trailer
  • Boat Type:12 row boat with motor
  • Boat Name: S.S.GUPPY

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

anyone ever fish mill creek that runs thru yale city park in northen stclair county for steel head in the spring. Ive caught bull heads, suckers and carp their but never really tried to fish for any thing else ive heard a few people say they have caught them their does any one have any info i just dont want to waste the gas and then get skunked,

#2 User is offline   DaveS. 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: garage
  • Boat Type:16ft sea nymph 25hp

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE(hotrodchevy97 @ Mar 12 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone ever fish mill creek that runs thru yale city park in northen stclair county for steel head in the spring. Ive caught bull heads, suckers and carp their but never really tried to fish for any thing else ive heard a few people say they have caught them their does any one have any info i just dont want to waste the gas and then get skunked,

oh yea, off kilgore rd but the farmer fenced off the access point, plenty of steel in the area, also where mill and the black intersect,, good luck

#3 User is offline   DaveS. 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

oh yea, off kilgore rd but the farmer fenced off the access point, plenty of steel in the area, also where mill and the black intersect,, good luck

#4 User is offline   DaveS. 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

#5 User is offline   rjmack 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Home Port: Port Huron
  • Boat Type:19' Starcraft

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

I live in yale and very few people catch steelhead there in the spring. Most of the people who catch them get them while fishing on the bottom for suckers. It's pretty deep around the park too. A good spot to try would be just north of imlay city on van dyke. Theirs a little bridge that goes over the creek their. It is shallow and easy to wade. I've caught quite a few steelhead in their, and also some kings in the fall. Spanw worked the best for me. Good luck

#6 User is offline   eaglelarry 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: blossom heath
  • Boat Type:24' bayliner trophy
  • Boat Name: EAGLE'S NEST

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

used to catch them maaaannnny years ago, but haven't tried in 30 years. Boss sold his property
Patriot Guard Riders,
standing for those ,

who stood for us
POW-MIA's
bring them home or send us back!

Freedom Ain't free,
Ask a VET!

#7 User is offline   haggerty05 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: my backyard
  • Boat Type:ocean kayak prowler 13t

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

that isnt the same creek that runs through down town memphis is it

#8 User is offline   hotrodchevy97 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(haggerty05 @ Mar 12 2011, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that isnt the same creek that runs through down town memphis is it

no the one that runs trhough memphis is belle river

#9 User is offline   ToddS 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Garage
  • Boat Type:2003 Triton TR-21
  • Boat Name: none

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

get a small boat and fish fords dam...The fish can't get past that yet.....And they stack up there but you need a boat.

ToddS

#10 User is offline   hotrodchevy97 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(ToddS @ Mar 12 2011, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get a small boat and fish fords dam...The fish can't get past that yet.....And they stack up there but you need a boat.

ToddS

were is fords dam i have a small boat

#11 User is offline   haggerty05 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: my backyard
  • Boat Type:ocean kayak prowler 13t

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(hotrodchevy97 @ Mar 12 2011, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ToddS

i found this on michigansportsman i dont know if its what they are talking about but sounds like a good match if the link doesnt work my bad on that i just copy and pasted this

Don't bother...here's the map http://www.michigand..../porthuron.pdf although it really doesn't show as a dam. It's about 1/2 mile upstream from M-136 where the river widens on the map, and is known locally as "Ford Dam". Built many moons ago (but not by the Ford Motor Company Fords) it was a private hunting club, but somebody bought it about 10 years ago. There's quite a mansion back in there too, which I had a chance to visit a few years back with my Brother who knew the guy quite well

Read more at Michigan-Sportsman.com: st clair county rivers????? - The Michigan Sportsman Forums http://www.michiganbear.com/forum/showthre...5#ixzz1GQk4y8du

#12 User is offline   rubbnsmoke 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(hotrodchevy97 @ Mar 12 2011, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ToddS

You don't NEED a boat. We wade up there regularly, there are several places that force you to take advantage of the "Recreational Tresspass" law(check your fishing guide on this topic). A boat would be helpful to a point, first...it's a pain in the butt to launch boat there and second...there's plenty of spots that are shallow flats that require you to get out of your boat, raise the motor(if you're using one)and wade, pulling your boat along, not to mention that there's usually downed trees or logs or log jams creating impassable obstructions. A canoe would be my first choice if I was to take a boat of any type up to the dam. Bottom line is by the time youdrag a boat down to the river, deal with all the obstructions it's just as easy to wade up there.
It's so nice to be insane...nobody ever asks you to explain....

"I think I look forward to the opening day of deer season more than any other day of the year...it's like Christmas....with guns"

Once upon a time a guy asked a girl "Will you Marry Me?"... she said "No" and he lived happily ever after and went hunting and fishing ALOT and drank beer and farted whenever he wanted. The End

Why don't we ever see this headline..."Psychic Wins Lottery"

Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter and Lousy Fisherman

Whoever said "Money can't buy Happiness" never owned a really great fishing rod.

#13 User is offline   lazylarry 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: port huron
  • Boat Type:1985 14ft smokercraft
  • Boat Name: little one

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

dont waste your time not many steel up there any more.I would fish the ford dam if i were to start then move down stream.also can accses off the end of shoefelt rd just follow the trail at end of rd back to river or try the rd just before shoefelt called bryce rd go to end of rd walk the trail back these are both state game areas so u will have no issues with land owners and can fish for a long ways up or down stream hope this helps. also was down at mouth of black river at the board walk thursday they are still pickin up browns and guys had a few whitefish.

#14 User is offline   "The Codfather" 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:07 AM

Is that the park that is roadside on Gratiot before Marysville??
I wish the fish would bite more than the mosquitos .

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.