The Lake St.Clair Network: The bunch that can't shoot straight - The Lake St.Clair Network

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The bunch that can't shoot straight pun intended

#166 User is offline   Snooze Ya looze 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Posttcg, on 02 February 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostSnooze Ya looze, on 02 February 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Dick Cheney shoots Harry Whittington while hunting.

http://en.wikipedia....rry_Whittington

Following the incident, Whittington returned to private life and refused many media offers for interviews.[5] In an October 2010 issue of the Washington Post, he broke his silence about the shooting.[5] Whittington told the paper that although many media outlets had described Cheney and him as "good friends", the pair had only met one another three times in 30 years, and had never been hunting before.[8] The Washington Post article also claimed that Cheney had violated "two basic rules of hunting safety": he failed to ensure that he had a clear shot before firing, and fired without being able to see blue sky beneath his target.[8]

The paper also reported that Cheney has still neither publicly nor privately apologized to Whittington for the shooting.

Of course not, that day it was the guns fault! :rofl

Will you please take this seriously. Old Man is really upset over this and it doesn't help when you crack jokes about this very serious issue.

Other serious issues like poor people can be made fun of because conservatives don't care about them.

I'm sorry but, I missed your point. :lol:

#167 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostSnooze Ya looze, on 02 February 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

View Posttcg, on 02 February 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostSnooze Ya looze, on 02 February 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Dick Cheney shoots Harry Whittington while hunting.

http://en.wikipedia....rry_Whittington

Following the incident, Whittington returned to private life and refused many media offers for interviews.[5] In an October 2010 issue of the Washington Post, he broke his silence about the shooting.[5] Whittington told the paper that although many media outlets had described Cheney and him as "good friends", the pair had only met one another three times in 30 years, and had never been hunting before.[8] The Washington Post article also claimed that Cheney had violated "two basic rules of hunting safety": he failed to ensure that he had a clear shot before firing, and fired without being able to see blue sky beneath his target.[8]

The paper also reported that Cheney has still neither publicly nor privately apologized to Whittington for the shooting.

Of course not, that day it was the guns fault! :rofl

Will you please take this seriously. Old Man is really upset over this and it doesn't help when you crack jokes about this very serious issue.

Other serious issues like poor people can be made fun of because conservatives don't care about them.

I'm sorry but, I missed your point. :lol:

I don't have time to explain it to you.
Posted Image

#168 User is offline   doubledip 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Posttcg, on 02 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

View PostOld Man of the Sea, on 02 February 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

You guys keep trying to deflect away from this deadly scandal

And you refuse to answer a simple question that is on point.

Why doesn't Issa want a public hearing with Melson?

You make a good point. Our government is not to be trusted. Period! The inherent difference here is that the current administration has a dead man on their hands. If it takes a Grand Jury subpoena to bring justice so be it. The congressional subcommittee hearings are ineffective although Holder did admit to Rep Sandy Adams that decisions were made within the DOJ

ATF's Phoenix division has tried this tactic, with minor variations, in at least four investigations beginning in 2006 during the George W. Bush administration. It began three such probes under Bush before launching Fast and Furious in the Obama administration. All of the probes encountered problems.
http://www.thestate.com/2012/02/02/2138236/ag-holder-house-republicans-clash.html

#169 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

The conservatives don't need to read this because it doesn't further their agenda. I thought the other reasonable posters who like all the information might find it interesting.

Source

Yesterday, House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) convened the sixth hearing on one of a series of deeply misguided gun stings that began in 2006 under George W. Bush. Issa, however, has shown little interest in actually getting to the bottom of how these ill-conceived operations, which eventually led to illegal guns being turned against federal agents, came about and what can be done to prevent similar errors from occurring again he's refused, for example, to call Bush era Attorney General Michael Mukasey to testify. Instead, he's relied on a series of increasingly paranoid and ridiculous conspiracy theories to try to lay the blame for these operations at Attorney General Eric Holder's feet. Last December, for example, Issa touted the absurd notion that the Obama Administration is somehow using the high-profile gun violence that occurred during this operation as part of an intentional campaign to discredit the Second Amendment. In Issa's words, "they've made a crisis and they're using this crisis to somehow take away or limit people's second amendment rights." Issa, of course, was not able to cite a single example of people's Second Amendment rights being taken away, because none exist.

At yesterday's hearing, Rep. Tim Walberg (R-MI) was left with the unfortunate task of asserting this Fox Mulderesque theory:

This thing has gone wrong, was set up to go wrong, and, frankly, I think was set up to deal with Second Amendment liberties of law abiding citizens and pushing into a perception that it was the problem of the Second Amendment as opposed to law enforcement.

It's difficult to even get your head around this accusation, which originates from a former militiaman who supports violent resistance to imagined government attempts to seize his guns. The claim appears to be that a series of botched gun stings that begun during the Bush Administration were actually part of a secret Obama plot to release guns to Mexican drug lords, so that those guns could then be used to kill federal agents, which would then cause a national uprising in support of gun control. Maybe when the Obama Administration was done executing this Rube Goldberg plan, they would then sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

But there's another, even more disturbing aspect to this hearing, and the five others that have proceeded it. The reason why Attorneys General Mukasey and Holder did not stop these unfortunate operations from occurring is because they cannot reasonably be expected to know about every single operation conducted by every single field operative in every part of the country. The Attorney General supervises nearly 112,000 employees. It is neither desirable for him to be aware of every single operation being conducted by low-level field agents nor physically possible to brief him on all of these operations if he wanted to be. For this reason, the Attorney General and DOJ's other senior most managers must focus their attention on the very most important matters that concern their agency serious questions of national security, or major policy decisions, or trials or appeals that impact the entire nation.

When Issa drags Holder before a House committee for four hours to be nothing more than a pawn in an elaborate game set up to embarrass President Obama, that means many more hours most likely days that Holder and other key Justice Department officials must spent prepping for their role in Issa's withhunt. Every minute they spend preparing for this witchhunt is a minute they cannot spend ensuring that the law is fairly enforced, that national security officials in DOJ have the tools they need to operate, or that dangerous criminals are tracked down and prosecuted.

A real investigation is necessary to determine how these botched gun stings continued across two presidencies, which is why DOJ's inspector general is conducting just such an investigation. Likewise, real accountability is necessary when a government operation goes so horribly wrong, which is why the senior officials who allowed this to happen have correctly been removed from their jobs or demoted. But there are real costs to the country when people like Issa can turn a very real tragedy into embarrassing and time consuming political theatre. The American people deserve to have an Attorney General who can focus on doing his job.
Posted Image

#170 User is offline   Old Man of the Sea 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:2007 Starcraft Futura 180
  • Boat Name: OMOTS

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

I repeat, this is not a joke cracking issue. Just ask the Terry family who lost their son Brian to Fast and Furious guns. The source link below also contains a video of the interviews with the Terry family.
==============================
Family of Murdered Border Agent Breaks Silence, Lashes Out at Holder

By William Lajeunesse
Published November 11, 2011

http://www.foxnews.c...-out-at-holder/

Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry died almost one year ago. Despite almost daily headlines about the ongoing scandal in the Obama administration, his devastated parents have said nothing publicly about the U.S. program that helped provide the weapons that killed their son.

Until now.

In separate interviews, Josephine and Kent Terry lashed out Thursday at those they blame for Brian's murder -- Attorney General Eric Holder, his top assistant Lanny Breuer, former U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke, and those ATF officials who approved, executed and supervised Operation Fast and Furious.

"I think they are liars and I would tell them that," said Kent Terry from his home in central Michigan. "What would I say to Eric Holder? They would not be nice words."

Terry is in his 70's, paralyzed and bound to a chair after an accident 17 years ago. His former wife Josephine lives 90 minutes north near Detroit.

"If they never let the guns walk, maybe Brian would not have been out that day," Josephine said. "I just can't believe our own government came up with a program like this that (let) innocent people get killed."

The Terrys watched Holder's appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday. Asked if he wanted to apologize to the family, Holder declined, saying only he regretted what happened.

"That shows what kind of a person he is," Kent lamented. "To me, he is not much of a person. I don't know if he has a son. But if he lost his, he would think different."

"I sat in a chair and cried," Josephine said. "It was so inhumane. An apology to anybody means at least they are trying to fix it. He didn't."

Blasted for his response, Holder did send the Terrys a letter Wednesday saying he was sorry for their loss.

While Holder chided Congress for "gotcha games" and "political finger pointing" in its investigation, the family disagrees. They say no administration official ever explained why the ATF knowingly sold guns to criminals. Josephine also claims former U.S. Attorney Burke intentionally misled her, saying in March the whistleblowers' claims were "false," when documents show he knew their claims were true.

"Dennis Burke came up to my house and he said, 'No, none of them guns killed Brian. None of them'."

Burke, whose office directed the operation, resigned in September.

Kent, a former auto machinist, shared a love of cars with his son. When Brian died he shipped his 2006 Corvette from Arizona to Michigan where it sits, untouched, in the garage. The car is immaculate, except for a black smudge on the driver's seat.

"That's where his gun rubbed against the leather," Kent said. "I can see him, as I did that day he came home, with the sun shinning in his hair. How do I get closure? I go out to his car. I have a tough time going to the cemetery. He is not supposed to be there. I am. Nobody wants to outlive their son."

He said he struggles with the death to this day. "It's just hard. I can't sleep, just thinking about him -- I love him very much."

Josephine is strong but also still grieves. Each morning she logs onto Brian's Facebook page and looks at videos he once posted and snapshots of his life.

"It brings me a little closure, like he is still with me," she said.

Both parents want Holder to resign, citing his response to a question from Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, who asked if Holder thought it was his responsibility to have known about Operation Fast and Furious.

"There are 115,000 employees in the Department of Justice," Holder said. "I cannot be expected to know the details of every operation on a day-to-day basis."

To which Kent said: "Holder says he has 115,000 employees. That is his job. If he can't handle his job, he should get out of it."

Those who trumpet the message of tolerance seem to have no tolerance for people who disagree with them.

#171 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Of course someone dying is not funny. What's funny is your refusal to address any of the questions I asked. Because answering them would require you to admit that the republicans are just as much to blame for the death as the democrats.

Your pretend outrage is amusing.
Posted Image

#172 User is offline   canaller 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Algonac Harbour Club, Driveway, Boathouse
  • Boat Type:Chris Craft 281, Starcraft 18', Gamefisher 14'
  • Boat Name: Leucothea, New Adventure

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

I think it is clear that no one here considers agent Terry's death anything less than tragic.

I personally think what is tragic is the professed outrage directed at the current administration, when the previous administration was using the same "gun walking" tactics. I think it cheapens the guys death to see the political grandstanding taking place in the "investigation. Issa is coming off looking like the tool he is.

It is similar to the newfound outrage over deficit spending, when "W" Bush rewrote the book on big time spending. Or the outrage over Obama's war in Afghanistan that was started under "W" Bush. The republican party has generated crisis after crisis with the only intention being to discredit the current administration. I have no doubt that guys like Issa don't care the slightest about agent Terry. He is just one guy down when there was plenty of support to go to war in Iraq killing a few thousand when Bin Laden wasn't even there. Or the weapons of mass destruction for that matter.

The only joke in any of this is the facade the republican's put up, pretending they actually are concerned about anything other than the politics of regaining the white house.

If they had any moral compass at all they would have been outraged years ago when the same things were going on.

#173 User is offline   Old Man of the Sea 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Boat Type:2007 Starcraft Futura 180
  • Boat Name: OMOTS

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

View Postcanaller, on 06 February 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

I think it is clear that no one here considers agent Terry's death anything less than tragic.

I personally think what is tragic is the professed outrage directed at the current administration, when the previous administration was using the same "gun walking" tactics. I think it cheapens the guys death to see the political grandstanding taking place in the "investigation. Issa is coming off looking like the tool he is.

It is similar to the newfound outrage over deficit spending, when "W" Bush rewrote the book on big time spending. Or the outrage over Obama's war in Afghanistan that was started under "W" Bush. The republican party has generated crisis after crisis with the only intention being to discredit the current administration. I have no doubt that guys like Issa don't care the slightest about agent Terry. He is just one guy down when there was plenty of support to go to war in Iraq killing a few thousand when Bin Laden wasn't even there. Or the weapons of mass destruction for that matter.

The only joke in any of this is the facade the republican's put up, pretending they actually are concerned about anything other than the politics of regaining the white house.

If they had any moral compass at all they would have been outraged years ago when the same things were going on.

Hmmmm, now where have I read all of that crap before? I know it will come to me sooner or later. Maybe I can do a search on "BS" in the "Politics" forum. Na, that would get me about 20,000 hits I'm afraid. I'v got too many other things to do.
Those who trumpet the message of tolerance seem to have no tolerance for people who disagree with them.

#174 User is offline   Snooze Ya looze 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

The republican party has generated crisis after crisis with the only intention being to discredit the current administration. I have no doubt that guys like Issa don't care the slightest about agent Terry. He is just one guy down when there was plenty of support to go to war in Iraq killing a few thousand when Bin Laden wasn't even there. Or the weapons of mass destruction for that matter.

A few hundred thousand dead! <_<

Most of those lives don't count Canaller, they were just Iraqi's... :rolleyes:

Whoops, gave OMOTS a + on his last post, my mistake! :lol:

This post has been edited by Snooze Ya looze: 07 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

#175 User is offline   canaller 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostOld Man of the Sea, on 06 February 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Hmmmm, now where have I read all of that crap before? I know it will come to me sooner or later. Maybe I can do a search on "BS" in the "Politics" forum. Na, that would get me about 20,000 hits I'm afraid. I'v got too many other things to do.

Maybe you read it in the newspaper when it all happened.

Could you tell me what part is crap? "Gun walking" is not unique to this president. Outrageous levels of federal spending were the norm long before this president. Neither Bin Laden or the "weapons of mass destruction" were in Iraq. The war in Afghanistan started in 2002. Darrell Issa is a tool...... OK, that last one is just my opinion but the rest is all fact.

What part is crap and BS? The bit about the lack of moral compass and lack of compassion in the republican party is also my opinion. You might disagree with me but it is not crap. It is opinion based on years of observation and participation.

You sound like Limbaugh or Coulter when you insult without basis. I'm sure you are much better than they are. Back up what you say. If you can't you lose credibility.

#176 User is offline   Snooze Ya looze 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Just think how much better off our country and its people could be if we had spent that trillion dollars here at home on infrastructure, education, Mexico border protection, etc. while putting thousands of people to work!

I sure wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the "War Mongers" when it comes to judgement day!

Attached File  Cheney-and-Bush-Wanted-Poster--66780.jpg (260.1K)
Number of downloads: 0

B)

Attached File  thumbnailCA1OIRG0.jpg (10.36K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Snooze Ya looze: 07 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

#177 User is offline   canaller 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostSnooze Ya looze, on 06 February 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

The republican party has generated crisis after crisis with the only intention being to discredit the current administration. I have no doubt that guys like Issa don't care the slightest about agent Terry. He is just one guy down when there was plenty of support to go to war in Iraq killing a few thousand when Bin Laden wasn't even there. Or the weapons of mass destruction for that matter.

A few hundred thousand dead! <_<

Most of those lives don't count Canaller, they were mostly Iraqi's... :rolleyes:

Whoops, gave OMOTS a + on his last post, my mistake! :lol:

You are correct Snooze. My apologies. I was focused on the US military deaths as a comparative to the death of agent Terry. I lost focus on the many, many thousands of others killed. Those deaths are nothing to joke about either.

Old Man could use a + once in a while. he seems to care in his own way.

Cheers.

#178 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

Old Man has too many things to do when it's time to read facts. It's a great response when he doesn't want to actually discuss a tropic.

He doesn't want to discuss anything, just make right wing blog posts with the comment feature disabled unless you agree with him.

Old Man and the Sea, was operation wide receiver a good thing or bad thing?

I know, you have better things to do.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.