Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

MonsterQuest IV Results

8K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Roy Randolph 
#1 ·
It was MONSTROUS.....47 teams out of 50 weighed a limit of fish, and ALL were released alive and healthy. 100% successful release. Awesome job to all the anglers on keeping their catch alive.

1 Honore/ Bieleki 24.2 5.1 3rd Big Bass
2 Maniaci/Lear 23.8
3 Koehler/Sawyer 23.1
4 Green/Dobson 22.12 5.12 2nd Big Bass
5 Smith/Smith 22.7 6.1 1st Big Bass
6 Modrak/McCullough 21.10
7 Robiadek/Clasuser 20.8
8 Michael/Deatsman 20.4

We also paid out 8 WIld Card spots worth almost $1000.00

Pics and thank you's and kudo's etc. to follow!!!

#2 ·
Ken, Terry and ALL the Sponsor's that made this happen A HUGE THANK YOU ! It was a great run event and it was even more fun being a part of it.

There were alot of fish caught and weighed and with Anthony and the other gentleman from FLW it went smooth and allowed plenty of time for ALL THE PRIZES and giveaway's to be handed out timely.

Looking forward to the fall one, it was a great time. THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL ! I think I also had my first May Fly with desert

Nick N

#3 ·
I agree with Nick, Monster Quest was a GIANT success, AGAIN! Terry and Ken know how to put on a show. Thanks guys, and also thanks to Anthony Wright and FLW outdoors, the KD Outdoors Pro Staff, Lunch Money Lures Pro Staff, and all the sponsors that made this event what it was.

Also, Kudos to Chris Williams for donating the grand prize raffle (worth $500) back to the food bank. Scott Dobson bought the prize for $250 and the proceeds went directly to the food bank, you rock Chris!

It was nice to see everybody again this year, see you throughout the season.

Tight Lines Y'all

#10 ·
QUOTE(Roy Randolph @ Jun 28 2011, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mini @ Jun 28 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Roy Randolph @ Jun 28 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NICE PHOTOS

I was about to post the same thing.

What kind of camera is that anyway Roy?

Canon T2i with a tamron 28-300 lens

The true trick is to get off the Auto setting and learn how to shoot in manual mode

Understood. Kind of like a depth finder

#14 ·
Thanks to Ken and Terry for putting on a great event and the food was awesome I think Don's wife had to drag him away from the ribs. Thanks to Roy for taking the great pictures! The wound on that smallie looked like a prop cut, it looked as though it was healing.

#15 ·
QUOTE(M Modrak @ Jun 29 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks to Ken and Terry for putting on a great event and the food was awesome I think Don's wife had to drag him away from the ribs. Thanks to Roy for taking the great pictures! The wound on that smallie looked like a prop cut, it looked as though it was healing.

I agree with Mark. That tank was just too damn big to get out of the way

#16 ·
QUOTE(Mini @ Jun 28 2011, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Roy Randolph @ Jun 28 2011, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mini @ Jun 28 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Roy Randolph @ Jun 28 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NICE PHOTOS

I was about to post the same thing.

What kind of camera is that anyway Roy?

Canon T2i with a tamron 28-300 lens

The true trick is to get off the Auto setting and learn how to shoot in manual mode

Understood. Kind of like a depth finder

Exactly!

Spent the last 2 month playing with my new Humminbird 998c SI to get it to show me more than snow up here.

Watched all the videos and instructional stuff prior to going to Kentucky and the dam thing worked great! Showed so much stuff and even had it help me catch fish. (Need all the help I can get right now)

Come up here and all I see is what I would call "Snow" like your TV turned to a dead channel

Today I went out and played with it and played with it and after 4 hours I figured out that I needed to make big changes due to the rough water and vast areas of flat nothing or just weeds.

Took me years to get where I am now with a camera so I know I still have a lot of learning to do with this SI unit but I finally got it to show me images I could understand, I even went over one of my old waypoints I thought was a rock pile and it turns out to be an old wreck. I got screenshots if you want to see

All kidding aside this was a great event and was happy to play a small part in helping it be all it could be.

P.S. you guys should open a "Rib Shack" you could make a fortune!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.