The Lake St.Clair Network: Duck hunting Nov 12-13-14 - The Lake St.Clair Network

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duck hunting Nov 12-13-14

#1 User is offline   snowman 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: Chesterfield - Anchor Bay Shores Sub.
  • Boat Type:2000 20' Lund Alaskan SS / 2013 Merc 115hp
  • Boat Name: "The Duck Stops Here"

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hunted Sat, Sun, and Mon. Saturday was a bust. Never had anything close enough for a shot and saw very few birds other than the 4000 in the middle of Anchor Bay.

Sunday was major bummer. There were 7 rigs besides us. Saw a few guys broken down with a layout but we didn't know that untill we saw them getting towed. We had guys set up 100 yards to the left and right of us. 2 rigs were hunting in a safety zone, and 1 of those rigs was almost in the mouth of a marina and he did shoot toward it, or at least up the channel. We saw a a guy towing a layout with someone in it. We saw guys standing up in their layouts (either you are ballsy or stupid, the water temps are 44.5 degrees). We saw guys shoot birds and not retrieve the cripples because they were hunting from shore with no boat. The list goes on but I'll stop here...

Monday was nice. Had to be a group of 100,000+ birds in the bay. No wind at all in the morning till noon-ish. Ended the day with a Drake Mallard, 3 Guterballs and a surprise basketball. Anyone have a good recipe?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by snowman: 14 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

"Engineers designed it, it should work." Airdvr1227 -July 3rd, 2012, 01:58 PM

#2 User is offline   Woody95 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Lac Ste Claire

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

:rofl That sounds like all the caddys being allowed to swim in the club pool. What a train wreck you were in. Jeez what a bunch of yahoos.
Get busy livin or get busy dyin

#3 User is offline   Chefnutz 

• LSCN Sponsor since March 08
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

We hunted sat, had to move from over by lottie, to mid anchor bay. 2 gutters, 2 ruddy's, 1 redhead, 1 BB, 1 ring neck and some misses. not a bad day.

#4 User is offline   snowman 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Chesterfield - Anchor Bay Shores Sub.
  • Boat Type:2000 20' Lund Alaskan SS / 2013 Merc 115hp
  • Boat Name: "The Duck Stops Here"

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

Nice job Chef, I talked to Mako a bit Sunday morning. Nice bunch o' birds. The difference I don't fully understand comparing last year to this is the lack of smaller groups of birds working around Anchor Bay. We are seeing lots of ducks but in groups of 1000 or more. Don't care what ya do they ain't gonna decoy.

As far as the Bozos, I guess I had it easy. I'm a 3rd generation duck hunter so I have all the past good and bad experiences from my grandfather, my dad, and uncle to learn from. Now I'm not saying I'm a pro at duck hunting but I'd like to believe I'm as close as I'll get to doing this sport successfully and safely each time I go out. Its just that watching what some of these guys do just scares the hell out of me. Have I ever mentioned the 2 guys we rescued from drowning during duck season 20 years ago? For some of these guys its just a matter of time before the worst happens.
"Engineers designed it, it should work." Airdvr1227 -July 3rd, 2012, 01:58 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.