Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich. Muskie Show

4K views 69 replies 22 participants last post by  esoxfly 
#1 ·
some of us Canuks were thinking about going to it, We need some info on it up here in Canada. I know it is Feb.4 and 5th I believe , but where??? Any help would be great. do they sell tackle boxes, nets, gear, lures,rods and reels.

Thanking in advance

Blastr

#8 ·
It was a good show last year, just bad weather & wrong weekend to schedule it. Hopefully no snow this year. The amount I was going to spend this year just got smaller because I had to buy a new dryer today.

#11 ·
Your not the only one who has heard that.

#12 ·
Remember guys this is still a young show and requires everyones support. Talked with Greg and he is working hard to make this show a success. The show needs to be supported by us local guys and clubs. Vendor list is looking good,hope everyone stops in and checks it out. To put in a show of this caliber is not an easy or cheap task. Looks like the weather is definetly in our favor this year. Hope to see a bunch of you guys at the show!

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Totally agree...the show needs our support. That's why I bumped this thread, was to generate some talk and exposure. Just saying I have guys from out of state email or call me and ask if the show is still on or not, and even local muskie fishermen who don't even know the show is happening because they haven't seen anything mentioned or advertised.

#13 ·
Please spread the word on this and if we want quality vendors and speakers to come to MI we need to help promote the show.

#14 ·
I've been mad, mad overwhelmed, unable to even check out any river pike action in the great weather... but hope I get (just) enough slack to swing by and help out my fine LSCMI droogs.

#18 ·
For whatever reason, I have to agree that the advertising campaign for this show has been lacking this year. Most of what I have seen and heard has come from us vendors who are working hard to get the word out to our customer bases because we all would like to see this show succeed. I was told that heavy advertising would be put into this website over a month ago, and outside of this thread I have seen nothing. Aside from that, I truly hope we have a great weekend of weather and a great turn out from some enthusiastic Muskie Fishermen. This show started with a solid base last year and I hope it can continue to grow. I am really excited to be heading back next weekend and look forward to seein everyone at the show. Please stop by our Stealth Tackle booth and say hello.
Thanks,
John

#19 ·
If I remember correctly last year's show was advertised in Musky Hunter magazine & this year there's no advertising anywhere that I've seen. I've seen on vendor's websites & Facebook pages mentioning the Michigan show but no other advertisement.

I read on MuskiesFirst that they doubled the cost of a booth for this years show. If that's true I can see justifying the increase if they were going to promote the show more.

#22 ·
Blastr, I cant speak for other folks but if you or anyone from across the border purchases anything from our (Stealth Tackle) booth we will be glad to set you up with a written receipt or whatever you need to make crossing the border easier for you guys. Just let us know when you make your purchase that you need a receipt.
Thanks
John

#25 ·
I will not have a booth but I will be helping out in the Donatos Custom Lures and Saint Clair Bait Company booths on friday and sunday. I have a wild game dinner Saturday for Kennsington Church where I set my booth up. Stop on in and say hi if you are there friday or sunday.

#27 ·
I'll be there with my Woodfan LSCN hat on that Big Dog made and I'm a bass fisherman. I will be looking for pointers on how to keep them toothy guys from biting all the time.
See ya there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.