Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Cobo Hall. Gertrude has left the building.

11K views 78 replies 27 participants last post by  troyguy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well kind of live.

I thought we were all meeting down there today. Probably a good thing no one showed up there weren't many boats on display.

Building Fixture Flooring Floor Hall

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I heard that all the vendor space was taken this year. That's a good sign.

We signed up to work the LSCN booth Sunday. Looking forward to seeing the show and saying Hi to some fellow LSCNers.

#12 ·
#13 ·
The Queen of the show arrived today. There will be a wedding on board on Valentines Day.

If your curious 48,000 lbs.

Wheel Tire Vehicle cover Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Jeans Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Helicopter rotor

Beam Ceiling Gas Metal Engineering

Jeans Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering

Building Tripod City Flooring Automotive design

Attachments

#20 ·
I'm amazed that they cart that 450SB around so much! I mean it was delivered to Colony, assembled for their show, torn back down, taken downtown again removing/installing the bridge. I don't think I'd want one thats been around the block that much! But I'm sure they know what they're doing. I mean if that is the same boat they even re-shrink wrapped it to haul it!
Also that crain looks like it could use some stabilizers! And the leverage thats on that thing! Thats some serious weight hanging out there! Wheres OSHA for the guys on the platform while its suspended? And the guy thats setting the keel blocks!

#28 ·
The 450 showed up by water fully assembled. This is the first time it was disassembled for a show. It's the only way to get those monsters to the show so you guys can see them.

The bridge does not get removed. The hard top, which is basically a huge radar arch bolts on and then wiring harnesses are attached. The helm is lifted off in one piece. It is also bolted in place and then wiring harnesses plugged in.

You can see the hard top on the deck in this photo.

Jeans Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering

Here is the bridge seating. That's my lovely wife.

Automotive design Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Building

Attachments

#21 ·
Matt, are they offering the FREE COBO WiFi this year? Looking through the paperwork, its not mentioned.

#31 ·
Thats all i could afford, minus your wife TCG. Already have one and she can be expensive.
Add couple of 55 gallon drums to that pallet and you will have awesome water lounge for Poorman's .

Eric and Leslie

Attachments

#35 ·
Thanks for the update Matt, hope its stable during the show.

#36 ·
It took a few attempts to connect but once it connected it was a pretty good connection. I was also outside the hall and the signal was a little weak. Inside the hall I was getting a very strong signal.

There's also a pretty good 3g signal inside the hall if you want to use a mobile hotspot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.