• You cannot reply to this topic

Riverside Grocery Harsens Island

#1 User is offline   Riverside Landing 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hello,

Riverside Grocery (Now Riverside Landing) on Harsens Island will be back up and running towards the end of April (No set date yet). There will be the famous boat knots, pizza, subs, hamburgers, chicken strips, and ice cream plus more. The beer and liquor will also be available. I am excited to get this store back on the map and hope to see you all this summer to fill up your boats up with gas or just come on by to eat. If there is anything in the store you want that we dont have,dont hesitate to let me know and I will make sure we have it next time you come on in.

Have a wonderful summer and happy boating!

Stephen McCune
Stephen McCune

#2 User is offline   freckles 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Beacon Cove, Harsens Island
  • Boat Type:1995 336 Formula SR-1, white w/ stripes, HP500s

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

If you open it, we will come!

Please tell us you're serious and this isn't a joke.
You hate boats like mine.... until you ride in one

#3 User is offline   fitsus 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Beacon Cove
  • Boat Type:34 Sea Ray
  • Boat Name: NO Name

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Looking forward to it :)
^Find the Cure^
CANCER SUCKS

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost!"
-- Ronald Reagan, Labor Day 1980

#4 User is offline   Convincor 

• Calls LSCN Home
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor
  • Home Port: Harrison Twp
  • Boat Type:1988 Sea Ray 300 Weekender
  • Boat Name: Liquid Living

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostDIE HARD ICEFISHERMAN 32, on 07 February 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Hello,

Riverside Grocery (Now Riverside Landing) on Harsens Island will be back up and running towards the end of April (No set date yet). There will be the famous boat knots, pizza, subs, hamburgers, chicken strips, and ice cream plus more. The beer and liquor will also be available. I am excited to get this store back on the map and hope to see you all this summer to fill up your boats up with gas or just come on by to eat. If there is anything in the store you want that we dont have,dont hesitate to let me know and I will make sure we have it next time you come on in.

Stephen McCune

So, what you are saying is in fact is that you are the new owner/operator?

What is with the name Riverside Landing? Now you gotta change the sign, man! I am sure it will grow on me...

Good to hear about the liquor. Jack Daniels, Appleton Rum, and Svedka vodka is what I purchase if in fact that is what you will stock. Missed going there last summer. Really excited that it will re-open this year. I promise that our first trip down that way we will stop in and support the store.

Congratulation to you.

There aren't any strangers out there, only friends we haven't met yet...

Belvidere Boat Club: Celebrating 50 years.

I spent half my money on woman and booze. The other half I wasted

#5 User is offline   Stodge 

• Calls LSCN Home
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Home Port: MacRay Harbor
  • Boat Type:Rinker FV 342
  • Boat Name: Tig's Toy Four Now

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'll believe it when there are hot fresh aloha knots in my belly.
The way to a boat's heart is through her gas tank - Stodge

Pronunciation: 'stäj noun: something or someone stodgy.

Commodore SHC
USCGAUX Vessel Examiner

#6 User is offline   270 laser 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: The Flat's Harsen's Island
  • Boat Type:2001 175 Aquasport Osprey CC
  • Boat Name: Island Hopper

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

This is not a joke. Spoke with Mike last week and he confirmed that they have a buyer. Great news!

#7 User is offline   Numbskull 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Clinton River
  • Boat Name: Numbskull

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

:like: :yay :like:

Let us know as soon as you're open for business. I'll come by car or cycle if I have to.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   ShiverMeTimbers 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Belle Maer
  • Boat Type:Chris Craft 281 Catalina Express
  • Boat Name: Ish Ka Baha

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Oh man I hope this isn't a tease. I will make it my first trip out of the Marina.
Alcohol....
Because no great story starts with a salad.

Posted Image

♫♫♫ Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr. ♫♫♫

#9 User is offline   blorincz 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Algonac
  • Boat Type:2002 Sea Ray 310 Sundancer

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostShiverMeTimbers, on 07 February 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Oh man I hope this isn't a tease. I will make it my first trip out of the Marina.

Ditto!

#10 User is offline   JD 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Belle Maer
  • Boat Type:Four Winns 328
  • Boat Name: Justhavenfun III

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Great News, always the best gas prices too!

#11 User is offline   KMC 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: JBM
  • Boat Type:36' Carver Aft Cabin
  • Boat Name: hmmm... Kahlua Kove?

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hello,

Stephen McCune

Stephen,

My biggest suggestion would be to post on here regularly and/or respond when questions come up. Last year no one knew what was going on there so they probably lost out on a LOT of business. I went up that way once and didn't know if they were going to be open. We topped off the tanks before we headed up the river, and on a whim decided to go in the canal to see if they were open... they were, and had gas at reasonable prices, but since I had already topped off, they missed out on topping off 200 gal of gas!!! We did get a snack and drink, but spent a very small fraction of what I could have.

KNOTS are a HUGE deal.... if you do have them, figure out a way to make them quicker too... that was a big downside too (that it would take an hour to get an order)... even maybe making half orders might be a suggestion. Maybe have some of the most popular knots ready to go in the oven, so that turnaround time is reduced especially during busy days.

If you're not a sponsor on here, might consider that too, so you can advertise regularly.

#12 User is offline   Trixie923 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Harrison Township

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Really missed this place last year!

This post has been edited by Trixie923: 07 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Nuttier than squirrel poop
Wisdom is knowing when to speak your mind and when to mind your speech.

#13 User is offline   only1adrian 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Home Port: Blue Lagoon
  • Boat Type:1984 Sea Ray SRV260
  • Boat Name: Separation Anxiety

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostKMC, on 07 February 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hello,

Stephen McCune

Stephen,

My biggest suggestion would be to post on here regularly and/or respond when questions come up. Last year no one knew what was going on there so they probably lost out on a LOT of business. I went up that way once and didn't know if they were going to be open. We topped off the tanks before we headed up the river, and on a whim decided to go in the canal to see if they were open... they were, and had gas at reasonable prices, but since I had already topped off, they missed out on topping off 200 gal of gas!!! We did get a snack and drink, but spent a very small fraction of what I could have.

KNOTS are a HUGE deal.... if you do have them, figure out a way to make them quicker too... that was a big downside too (that it would take an hour to get an order)... even maybe making half orders might be a suggestion. Maybe have some of the most popular knots ready to go in the oven, so that turnaround time is reduced especially during busy days.

If you're not a sponsor on here, might consider that too, so you can advertise regularly.

x1

#14 User is offline   Riverside Landing 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Yes this is true and I am the new owner with my father in law Steve Pieters who also does Taxidermey in Waterford. Best in the business if you are a hunter. Does his mounts for bass pro shop and other stores across the U.S.
I will be having Boat Knots and they will taste the exact same because im not changing a thing. Never change something that is good which is what my mom always told me. I will always keep everyone updated with Riverside Landing and want to make everyone happy. Like I said if there is anything that is not in my store that you want just let me know and we will have it without a question.
Right now we are looking to open April 23rd and the hours will be 9:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday and 9:00am-10:00pm Friday-Sunday.
To make more room we will be extending the deck and adding another deck on the side of the business with some more picnic tables so there will be a lot more room to sit and relax.

I hope to see everyone out and spread the word!!!

Stephen McCune

This post has been edited by DIE HARD ICEFISHERMAN 32: 07 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Stephen McCune

#15 User is offline   4_winns_fan 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostDIE HARD ICEFISHERMAN 32, on 07 February 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yes this is true and I am the new owner with my father in law Steve Pieters who also does Taxidermey in Waterford. Best in the business if you are a hunter. Does his mounts for bass pro shop and other stores across the U.S.
I will be having Boat Knots and they will taste the exact same because im not changing a thing. Never change something that is good which is what my mom always told me. I will always keep everyone updated with Riverside Landing and want to make everyone happy. Like I said if there is anything that is not in my store that you want just let me know and we will have it without a question.
Right now we are looking to open April 23rd and the hours will be 9:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday and 9:00am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday.
To make more room we will be extending the deck and adding another deck on the side of the business with some more picnic tables so there will be a lot more room to sit and relax.

I hope to see everyone out and spread the word!!!

Stephen McCune

Have you considered taking Monday off instead of Sunday? Lots of weekend warriors out there on Sunday....Seems like it would be a large chunk of the business.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.