Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Went to the Keys...

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Tony 
#1 ·
A bunch of pics and videos later, this fell out of my computer.

See less See more
1 1
#5 ·
I still want to know what's up with all the chickens on Key West. Tigs and laughed when we walked past city hall and there were chickens in the yard pecking away.

#6 ·
Chickens in Key West are a weather indicator. When they outnumber beer bottles on your boat you know a hurricane is approaching.

AP Great photos, fill us in on a trip report!

One quick question.....why did you come back to Michigan? A boat guy like you could make a living down there, and atleast if you are starving, you won't be freezing.

Did you rent a boat or get a chance to get out?

#9 ·
Way cool pics Rob. The 56/58 Sea Ray behind it looks like a toy!
I too don't know if I could adjust to the brine. I'd like to try it for a few months and find out! With 12 months a year to boat you'd find out how die hard you really are. Add in the 12 mos of fuel too!

#12 ·
I love the keys! Go about every other year and stay inKey Colony off of Marathon.. There is no other place like it in the US. As far as that boat goes, its a nice looking boat for sure and would be nice to go out on I suppose but when you get to the point that you need a paid crew to go with you when you go boating, I think that takes some of the fun out of it. I dont know. Looks like a fun time tho! thanks for sharing pics.

#13 ·
Glad you enjoyed my pics.

It truly is an amazing place! Hell, anyplace where riding in a car is almost like a boat ride simply must be cool!

#15 ·
God I love that place. Thanks for reminding me that for the first time in a long time I did not make it over their for winter trip.
JK, glad you had a great trip. Definitely back down their next year for us. It is the UP of Florida, nothing better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.