The Lake St.Clair Network: Fishing walleyes from the boat - The Lake St.Clair Network

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fishing walleyes from the boat

#1 User is offline   walleye mike 

  • LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Joined: 13-August 02
  • Location:wash,mich,usa
  • Home Port: driveway
  • Boat Type:18' tracker, 22 ft. Crestliner W/A
  • Boat Name: I/O HER, I/O HER II

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hit the Sag. river this morning. Good stiff wind right up the river. 5 keepers and at least a dozen of shorties from 9" to 14.5". Been a hot bite this week till today. Many boats had 1-2 today. Weird being out on Feb 22 in the boat for walleyes.
Capt. "Walleye" Mike
0

#2 User is online   iggy 

  • LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,928
  • Joined: 29-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Macomb Township
  • Home Port: trailered
  • Boat Type:(oldd) 15 ft fiberglass run-a-bout
  • Boat Name: "IT BEATS WORKING"

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postwalleye mike, on 22 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hit the Sag. river this morning. Good stiff wind right up the river. 5 keepers and at least a dozen of shorties from 9" to 14.5". Been a hot bite this week till today. Many boats had 1-2 today. Weird being out on Feb 22 in the boat for walleyes.



Thanks for the report. It sure is wierd being out in the boats in Feb.
0

#3 User is offline   hole jumper87 

  • LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 546
  • Joined: 06-February 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Clair Shores
  • Home Port: miller marina
  • Boat Type:nova 250
  • Boat Name: catch a BUZZ

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

3 of my buddies. Went out there 2 days ago. Cought 143 walleye got the 3 man limit fishing all day. sun up till dark
0

#4 User is offline   eaglelarry 

  • LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,139
  • Joined: 20-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Home Port: blossom heath
  • Boat Type:24' bayliner trophy
  • Boat Name: EAGLE'S NEST

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

GIT-ER- DONE BOYZ! Let the season begin. after the snow tonight, if we get it.
Patriot Guard Riders,
standing for those ,

who stood for us
POW-MIA's
bring them home or send us back!

Freedom Ain't free,
Ask a VET!
0

#5 User is offline   walleye mike 

  • LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Joined: 13-August 02
  • Location:wash,mich,usa
  • Home Port: driveway
  • Boat Type:18' tracker, 22 ft. Crestliner W/A
  • Boat Name: I/O HER, I/O HER II

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

View Posthole jumper87, on 22 February 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

3 of my buddies. Went out there 2 days ago. Cought 143 walleye got the 3 man limit fishing all day. sun up till dark


Many limits the last few days/week except Wedn (of course the day I go). Same guys with all those limits came away yesterday with 1-2 per boat.
Capt. "Walleye" Mike
0

#6 User is offline   FinsFursAndFeathers 

  • LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 307
  • Joined: 20-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Clair Shores
  • Home Port: Sindbads
  • Boat Type:21' Crestliner Center Console
  • Boat Name: Whiskey Harbor

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

View Postwalleye mike, on 23 February 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

View Posthole jumper87, on 22 February 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

3 of my buddies. Went out there 2 days ago. Cought 143 walleye got the 3 man limit fishing all day. sun up till dark


Many limits the last few days/week except Wedn (of course the day I go). Same guys with all those limits came away yesterday with 1-2 per boat.


Actully we only kept 10 not a 3 man limit. Too bad u weren't there on Monday Mike fishing was awesome! Soup really showed us Detroit boys a good time on the Sagnasty!!!
Shoot me a PM if u plan on going back up I plan on making at least a couple more trips before I put the boat in at Sindbads.


Posted Image

Posted Image
1

#7 User is online   iggy 

  • LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,928
  • Joined: 29-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Macomb Township
  • Home Port: trailered
  • Boat Type:(oldd) 15 ft fiberglass run-a-bout
  • Boat Name: "IT BEATS WORKING"

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Nice walleye in the photo!!
0

#8 User is offline   walleye mike 

  • LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Joined: 13-August 02
  • Location:wash,mich,usa
  • Home Port: driveway
  • Boat Type:18' tracker, 22 ft. Crestliner W/A
  • Boat Name: I/O HER, I/O HER II

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostFinsFursAndFeathers, on 23 February 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

View Postwalleye mike, on 23 February 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

View Posthole jumper87, on 22 February 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

3 of my buddies. Went out there 2 days ago. Cought 143 walleye got the 3 man limit fishing all day. sun up till dark


Many limits the last few days/week except Wedn (of course the day I go). Same guys with all those limits came away yesterday with 1-2 per boat.


Actully we only kept 10 not a 3 man limit. Too bad u weren't there on Monday Mike fishing was awesome! Soup really showed us Detroit boys a good time on the Sagnasty!!!
Shoot me a PM if u plan on going back up I plan on making at least a couple more trips before I put the boat in at Sindbads.


Posted Image

Posted Image

We fished that same stretch on Wedn. Sonar had fish on it most of the time. Many small ones too.
Capt. "Walleye" Mike
0

#9 User is offline   Stickem8 

  • Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 27-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Boat Type:16' four winns
  • Boat Name: Stick em

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

How are you getting em? Vert jigging?
0

#10 User is offline   FinsFursAndFeathers 

  • LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 307
  • Joined: 20-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Clair Shores
  • Home Port: Sindbads
  • Boat Type:21' Crestliner Center Console
  • Boat Name: Whiskey Harbor

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostStickem8, on 24 February 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

How are you getting em? Vert jigging?


yep
1

#11 User is offline   fishin fool 

  • LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 293
  • Joined: 19-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newbaltimore
  • Home Port: schmid marina
  • Boat Type:1985 chris craft
  • Boat Name: yachy da

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

how does someone learn to vertical jig?
0

#12 User is offline   opjones 

  • LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 982
  • Joined: 18-December 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester
  • Home Port: Selfridge
  • Boat Type:19' Bayliner
  • Boat Name: The Dirty Hooker

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...to+vertical+jig
I have no problems not listening to the Temptations


@ArtieQuitter

Posted Image
0

#13 User is online   DRP 

  • LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor
  • Posts: 2,061
  • Joined: 07-March 03
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Here you go...didn't boat any fish but broke through the ice to film it last spring.


Check out the new Bondy bass baits on www.bondybait.com
2

#14 User is online   DRP 

  • LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor
  • Posts: 2,061
  • Joined: 07-March 03
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hearing the seagulls in there makes me think of being out there on the river...
Check out the new Bondy bass baits on www.bondybait.com
1

#15 User is offline   taizer 

  • LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 895
  • Joined: 18-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:warren mi
  • Home Port: garage
  • Boat Type:2001 tracker tundra

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostDRP, on 24 February 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hearing the seagulls in there makes me think of being out there on the river...


i always watch that video. its a great one about how to learn to jig
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see
0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.