Canadian Water What is the easiest way to deal with crossing

#1 User is offline   motocross269 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: Almont
  • Boat Type:Bass Cat Puma FTD

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

I didn't fish much last year...What is the bottom line on crossing into Canadian water?? I read the lengthy report over on the Fishing reports forum but I am curious on what the tournament guys did last year....

I looks like getting the enhanced license may be the way to go because that allows you to call in 4 hours ahead of time...

Todd K told me he just called and didn't have any real issues.....

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before things take off....I got my license today..You would think the Ontario DNR would want to work with their border security people to make fishing Canadian waters as attractive as possible...At 80 bucks a pop I am sure the money adds up quick...

#2 User is online   walleye mike 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: driveway
  • Boat Type:18' tracker, 22 ft. Crestliner W/A
  • Boat Name: I/O HER, I/O HER II

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

View Postmotocross269, on 22 March 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

I didn't fish much last year...What is the bottom line on crossing into Canadian water?? I read the lengthy report over on the Fishing reports forum but I am curious on what the tournament guys did last year....

I looks like getting the enhanced license may be the way to go because that allows you to call in 4 hours ahead of time...

Todd K told me he just called and didn't have any real issues.....

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before things take off....I got my license today..You would think the Ontario DNR would want to work with their border security people to make fishing Canadian waters as attractive as possible...At 80 bucks a pop I am sure the money adds up quick...

Just need 2 forms of ID which includes proof of citizenship and a photo. Call the 800# and give them the info they need. They will give you a number to present to their BP if stopped on the water. Under a few instances they could have you report for inspection. This should be a rare occurance. You call in WHEN you cross the border. Nexus or Canpass allows you to call in ahead of time. But all on the boat would need this.
Capt. "Walleye" Mike

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.