The Lake St.Clair Network: Govt subsized companies, people, your thoughts? - The Lake St.Clair Network

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Govt subsized companies, people, your thoughts?

#31 User is offline   Adios 

• Calls LSCN Home
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: xxxxxxx
  • Boat Type:xxxxxxxx
  • Boat Name: xxxxxxxxx

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

the liberals like to push buttons and then are shocked when people stand up for themselves and then get mad at the bs that they get put thru.

i just figured i was able to channel Bill Maher and 1000 other liberals and speak as they do
Adiós amigos y otras personas que se significan deceptors spirtited mentirosos y agitadores

#32 User is offline   Away Point 

• LSCN Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

View Posttcg, on 04 April 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

View PostAway Point, on 04 April 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

View Posttcg, on 04 April 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

View PostAway Point, on 03 April 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

View Posttcg, on 03 April 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

View PostSensei, on 03 April 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

So Eddie gets banned now?

No, because while it would have been better without names it's still good information to have.

So you support pay cuts for everyone to pay farmers to farm? i.e. subsidize

BTW, Obama is being totally disingenuous saying we subsidize oil companies. In reality he is saying we should eliminate deducting normal business expenses. i.e. raise taxes on energy Would you support eliminating the deductions you no doubt take on your business?

I support not using forum members private information to make their argument.

I see you bought the tax deduction talking points that the republicans came up with.

When did the republicans propose ending farm subsidies? Are any of the current candidates proposing ending them?

Explain to me again how the republicans are the fiscally responsible freedom and liberty loving party?

Here's a little help but I doubt you will care.

Source

Republicans have quietly maneuvered to prevent a House spending bill from chipping away at federal farm subsidies, instead forging ahead with much larger cuts to domestic and international food aid.

Its not my fault you refuse to see/consider/entertain/address the difference between deduction and subsidy.

The Republicans who act like those you never find fault with, are not fiscally responsible freedom and liberty loving, and are part of the problem. Why you don't embrace them is a mystery to me, since the closely mirror those you never find fault with.

If there truly were subsidies going to profitable companies like oil companies, why didn't those you never criticizes, while in control of all 3 houses, do something about it? So why has Obama brought this up now? Because of high fuel prices, of course, But how exactly is "ending subsidies" (i.e. tax increase) going to lower fuel prices?

Do you support taking a pay cut to pay farmers to farm?

Do you want see an end to the "subsidies" your business "receives" for materials and operational costs, as well as depreciation on purchased assets?

I support making the playing field level. You have said before you don't think the governmnet should be picking winners and loser unless the winners are your industry or industry you like.

You still have not explained why you support the republicans who support farm subsidies which clearly you don't like.

I really don't expect you to explain that because then you would have to admit you support a party just because they are not Obama and the democrats.

There is a difference between subsidies and deductions. There are tax breaks the oil industry gets that other industries do not. I am tired of doing everyone's homework. You choose to believe whatever the republicans tell you I choose to go and learn more about it.

Seriously, explain to me why you support a party that wants to continue farm subsidies.

I look forward to your usual I just don't understand freedom and liberty crap.

Limited, constitutional government is what I want. Is that what Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are all about? About 1/2 the Republicans are, and we are trying to dramatically improve that.

How does the amount of tax paid by oil companies compare to the amount we supposedly "give" them? As for greedy; How does the amount of tax per gallon sold compare to post-tax profit per gallon? And just how would your life or mine be better if we stopped "subsidizing" them?

It is your brand of liberty which has turned the founding principles upside down. You are dismissive of abusive power, and derogatory of any effort limit political power. Presumably with good intentions, but nonetheless, in spite of a history and logic.
There are 2 seasons; Boating season, and Waiting for boating season.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostAway Point, on 04 April 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

No, because while it would have been better without names it's still good information to have.

BTW, Obama is being totally disingenuous saying we subsidize oil companies. In reality he is saying we should eliminate deducting normal business expenses. i.e. raise taxes on energy Would you support eliminating the deductions you no doubt take on your business?

I see you bought the tax deduction talking points that the republicans came up with.

When did the republicans propose ending farm subsidies? Are any of the current candidates proposing ending them?

Explain to me again how the republicans are the fiscally responsible freedom and liberty loving party?

Source

Republicans have quietly maneuvered to prevent a House spending bill from chipping away at federal farm subsidies, instead forging ahead with much larger cuts to domestic and international food aid.

Its not my fault you refuse to see/consider/entertain/address the difference between deduction and subsidy.

The Republicans who act like those you never find fault with, are not fiscally responsible freedom and liberty loving, and are part of the problem. Why you don't embrace them is a mystery to me, since the closely mirror those you never find fault with.

If there truly were subsidies going to profitable companies like oil companies, why didn't those you never criticizes, while in control of all 3 houses, do something about it? So why has Obama brought this up now? Because of high fuel prices, of course, But how exactly is "ending subsidies" (i.e. tax increase) going to lower fuel prices?

Do you want see an end to the "subsidies" your business "receives" for materials and operational costs, as well as depreciation on purchased assets?

I support making the playing field level. You have said before you don't think the governmnet should be picking winners and loser unless the winners are your industry or industry you like.

You still have not explained why you support the republicans who support farm subsidies which clearly you don't like.

I really don't expect you to explain that because then you would have to admit you support a party just because they are not Obama and the democrats.

There is a difference between subsidies and deductions. There are tax breaks the oil industry gets that other industries do not. I am tired of doing everyone's homework. You choose to believe whatever the republicans tell you I choose to go and learn more about it.

Seriously, explain to me why you support a party that wants to continue farm subsidies.

Limited, constitutional government is what I want. Is that what Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are all about? About 1/2 the Republicans are, and we are trying to dramatically improve that.

How does the amount of tax paid by oil companies compare to the amount we supposedly "give" them? As for greedy; How does the amount of tax per gallon sold compare to post-tax profit per gallon? And just how would your life or mine be better if we stopped "subsidizing" them?

It is your brand of liberty which has turned the founding principles upside down. You are dismissive of abusive power, and derogatory of any effort limit political power. Presumably with good intentions, but nonetheless, in spite of a history and logic.

My brand of liberty? See, I knew you would get that in there somehow.

So you are ok with everything you keep saying you are against as long as it's the republicans doing it. That's a great way to stand for something.

Where have I ever said I am in favor of the things you keep saying I support? In your world if someone doesn't condemn something or someone they must support everything.

You seem to be in favor of farm subsidies. I come to that conclusion the same way you conclude I support everything Obama and the democrats do.

It appears you also must support cap and trade. I come to that conclusion because the guy you will be voting for in November also supports cap and trade and even believes CO2 is responsible for climate change. I thought regulations were the end of freedom and liberty. I guess it's not all that important to you after all.

You're right though. Keep hoping they will change.

Romney said this -

Thank you for your invitation to embark on a cooperative northeast process to reduce the power plant pollution that is harming our climate. I concur that climate change is beginning to effect on our natural resources and that now is the time to take action toward climate protection. Furthermore, I share your interest in ensuring that the economic and security contributions made by our electricity generating system are not negated by the impact of emissions from that system on the health of our citizens.

As you may know, the commonwealth is making major strides to reduce the environmental impact of our power plants. Specifically, I am making good on my pledge to clean up the six oldest and dirtiest power plants in the state and bring them up to new plant standards for NOx, SOx, mercury and CO2. We are the first state to enact a cap on CO2, implementing regulations that, by 2008, will reduce these emissions by 10%, removing 6,750 tons of Co2 per day. Furthermore, Massachusetts, along with the other New England states and Canadian provinces, has a target of reducing greenhouse gases and improving the efficiency of the grid substantially over the next 20 years.

I believe that our joint work to create a flexible market-based regional cap and trade system could serve as an effective approach to meeting these goals. I am ready to have my staff work with yours to explore how we might design such a system — one that would keep the cost of compliance as low as possible, diversify our fuels, encourage energy efficiency and renewables, and keep our energy dollars in the region. Thank you for your initiative in proposing this project.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostEMS, on 04 April 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

the liberals like to push buttons and then are shocked when people stand up for themselves and then get mad at the bs that they get put thru.

i just figured i was able to channel Bill Maher and 1000 other liberals and speak as they do

That's an interesting apology.

You want to try again?
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   canaller 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Algonac Harbour Club, Driveway, Boathouse
  • Boat Type:Chris Craft 281, Starcraft 18', Gamefisher 14'
  • Boat Name: Leucothea, New Adventure

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

That was a deft change. Looks like "Eddie" gets a walk.

Who is Bill Maher?

"Eddie" , why are you so mean?

PB1, I sent you a shout out.

I hope there are no earthquakes tonight.

#36 User is offline   Away Point 

• LSCN Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

View Posttcg, on 04 April 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Source

So you are ok with everything you keep saying you are against as long as it's the republicans doing it. That's a great way to stand for something.

Where have I ever said I am in favor of the things you keep saying I support? In your world if someone doesn't condemn something or someone they must support everything.

You seem to be in favor of farm subsidies. I come to that conclusion the same way you conclude I support everything Obama and the democrats do.

It appears you also must support cap and trade. I come to that conclusion because the guy you will be voting for in November also supports cap and trade and even believes CO2 is responsible for climate change. I thought regulations were the end of freedom and liberty. I guess it's not all that important to you after all.

Romney said this -

Thank you for your invitation to embark on a cooperative northeast process to reduce the power plant pollution that is harming our climate. I concur that climate change is beginning to effect on our natural resources and that now is the time to take action toward climate protection. Furthermore, I share your interest in ensuring that the economic and security contributions made by our electricity generating system are not negated by the impact of emissions from that system on the health of our citizens.

As you may know, the commonwealth is making major strides to reduce the environmental impact of our power plants. Specifically, I am making good on my pledge to clean up the six oldest and dirtiest power plants in the state and bring them up to new plant standards for NOx, SOx, mercury and CO2. We are the first state to enact a cap on CO2, implementing regulations that, by 2008, will reduce these emissions by 10%, removing 6,750 tons of Co2 per day. Furthermore, Massachusetts, along with the other New England states and Canadian provinces, has a target of reducing greenhouse gases and improving the efficiency of the grid substantially over the next 20 years.

I believe that our joint work to create a flexible market-based regional cap and trade system could serve as an effective approach to meeting these goals. I am ready to have my staff work with yours to explore how we might design such a system — one that would keep the cost of compliance as low as possible, diversify our fuels, encourage energy efficiency and renewables, and keep our energy dollars in the region. Thank you for your initiative in proposing this project.

You asked for my liberty "crap", and clearly you have no idea what limited consititional government is, for your examples are the exact opposite. And not only that, are favorite agenda items of those you never, ever, not once, ever find fault with.

Romney is not my first choice. Is Obama yours?

Oh, and don't think I haven't noticed you avoiding my simple, genuine conversation generating questions. I suppose to do so might risk turning your critical eyes where they've never been.
There are 2 seasons; Boating season, and Waiting for boating season.
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostAway Point, on 04 April 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

View Posttcg, on 04 April 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Source

Romney said this -

You asked for my liberty "crap", and clearly you have no idea what limited consititional government is, for your examples are the exact opposite. And not only that, are favorite agenda items of those you never, ever, not once, ever find fault with.

Romney is not my first choice. Is Obama yours?

Oh, and don't think I haven't noticed you avoiding my simple, genuine conversation generating questions. I suppose to do so might risk turning your critical eyes where they've never been.

Clearly the republicans have no idea what it is either. Romney wanting more regulation to control CO2 emissions because he believes it causes climate change is your idea of freedom and liberty?

Republicans favoring farm subsidies is your idea of freedom and liberty?

What examples are the opposite?

And I did answer your questions. And I have also said repeatedly you guys have the democrats suck thing covered. I am picking up the so do the republicans. Difference is you are willing to put them back in office even though they have no idea what freedom and liberty is.

I did not vote for Obama.
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Oh, and you if want real change here is the answer. The only entitlement program he supports is a free pony for everyone thus creating a pony based economy. He also has the answer to our foreign oil dependency, giant turbines powered by zombies. And how can you go wrong with strong teeth for a strong America?

Posted Image

#39 User is offline   Snooze Ya looze 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

It's so easy, even a fifth grader can understand it, a republican, not so much! :lol:

Farm subsidies, just one more of the those reasons why big government is necessary and don't forget the main reason, for bailing out auto companies. :rofl

View PostSnooze Ya looze, on 04 April 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

;)

I couldn't make it more easy to understand....

Make sure you read to the bottom.

Tonights weather forecast

Harrison Township Weather 

Weather >United States >Michigan >Harrison Township

Yahoo! weather Search

Watches and WarningsHarrison Township Forecast ...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED A
FREEZE WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT
THURSDAY.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER...

* TEMPERATURES WILL FALL TO AROUND 30 DEGREES OVERNIGHT UNDER
CLEAR SKIES AND A LIGHT NORTHEAST WIND.

IMPACTS...

* DAMAGE IS POSSIBLE TO SENSITIVE VEGETATION INCLUDING NEWLY
BUDDED PLANTS AND TREES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

* A FREEZE WARNING MEANS SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. THESE CONDITIONS WILL KILL CROPS AND OTHER SENSITIVE VEGETATION.

This post has been edited by Snooze Ya looze: 05 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

#40 User is offline   Snooze Ya looze 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

View Postcanaller, on 04 April 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

"Eddie" , why are you so mean?

Looks like "Eddie" gets a walk. Only Democraps get banned from this site, you can even be a paying sponsor and your not safe, if you are a Democrap!

I think that's what happens when you have a liberal trapped in a republicons body! :rofl

Eddie once said, right here on LSCN, "I'm Fast Eddie, I can do whatever I want!" I guess being in bed with the captain's helps.... That's why everytime I see him on the lake, I always ask, where is little captain Mikey and Robby? They should have a Summertime free pass to ride on his boat for all the free passes they give him here! :wub:

Hell, even thieves that use this site to seek out their victims, get a free pass, just ask batteryman or myself! :1eye

This post has been edited by Snooze Ya looze: 05 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.