The Lake St.Clair Network: Lake St. Clair #13 of top 100 bass lakes. - The Lake St.Clair Network

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lake St. Clair #13 of top 100 bass lakes.

#1 User is offline   DaRKaMuS 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Did you guys see that St Clair is #13 ranked bass lake in the USA by Bass masters ? You could be like me and live on the Ohio river where 8-12lbs wins most tournaments. Take care of what ya got its a blessing to have and did I mention you surrounded by #4 on the list lake Erie/Michigan.

http://www.bassmaste...best-bass-lakes

#2 User is online   DRP 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

I've spent time at 28 of those lakes listed. I don't think some of them should even be anywhere near St.Clair ranking. St. Clair is also probably one of the easiest bass lake to catch fish on and the fish per acre has got to be huge compared to others. Our lake should have been in the top 5 somewhere...
Check out the new Bondy bass baits on www.bondybait.com

#3 User is offline   Contender 

• LSCN Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: Algonac
  • Boat Type:2870 Pursuit
  • Boat Name: Contender

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Agree. Top 5 lake for sure.

#4 User is offline   jessemyers 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Boat Type:2013 Ranger 621vs

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostDRP, on 24 April 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

I've spent time at 28 of those lakes listed. I don't think some of them should even be anywhere near St.Clair ranking. St. Clair is also probably one of the easiest bass lake to catch fish on and the fish per acre has got to be huge compared to others. Our lake should have been in the top 5 somewhere...

I was surprised how low Dale Hollow Lake in Ky/Tn was listed (#82). I really love that lake. Great smallmouth (including the world record), also underrated largemouth and spotted bass.

I think the open water fishing and lower amount of traditional cover to flip and pitch cost Str. Clair in the ranking.

The other thing that puzzled me was Erie at #4? Must be because it is so big? Otherwise I dont see the justification for the gap in ranking between Erie and St. Clair.

This post has been edited by jessemyers: 24 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
Albert Einstein

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   Justin SDI 

• LSCN Sponsor since June 2012
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: LSCN Sponsor
  • Home Port: Velger Harbor
  • Boat Type:Tin Minnow

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

As someone that grew up on lake erie I would rank erie under lake st. clair between the two.

St. Clair is a way better bass lake. It is a better lake period when it come to fishing in general.
Posted Image

Sportsmen's Direct
36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
Open 6 AM - 6 PM Monday thur Saturday
Open 6 AM - 5 PM Sunday
www.sportsmensdirect.com

#6 User is offline   DR.hook 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: clawson
  • Boat Type:14.9 ft smokercraft
  • Boat Name: bite me

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Its # 1 in my book

#7 User is offline   flapjaw2 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostDaRKaMuS, on 24 April 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Did you guys see that St Clair is #13 ranked bass lake in the USA by Bass masters ? You could be like me and live on the Ohio river where 8-12lbs wins most tournaments. Take care of what ya got its a blessing to have and did I mention you surrounded by #4 on the list lake Erie/Michigan.

http://www.bassmaste...best-bass-lakes

I'd have to say #13 is quite lucky for us LSC anglers. Erie may be #4 on the list but for my back I'll put up with LSC's 2 foot chop over Erie's 3 to 5 foot swells anyday. After all the local and out of stater's test LSc's bassing this weekend I'm sure the #13 ranking will disappear forever! Be safe out there this weekend, FJ.
2014 Fish Totals: big fish (lb or inches )

smallies 154(4.96)
largemouths 223(19")
pike 21 (29")
rockbass 33
muskie 3
sheephead 9 (25.8")
channelcat 3 (23")

#8 User is online   6667supersport 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Home Port: MACOMB
  • Boat Type:04 MONARK 190 KING

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Never fished any of the other lakes, just very happy to live so close to this great lake. So great to cast for smallies for half hour than pickup the musky pole and toss bucktails over the same weedbed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#9 User is offline   pigsmallie 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

It should be #....1.

#10 User is offline   little guy 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

If the green fish were a few lbs bigger then it would be #1. Gotta be one of only a couple lakes where you have a reasonable chance at weighing 20# of green fish and 20# of brown fish in the same day though.
"I will try anything as long as it's legal, and doesn't involve homos. " - Grapes 2010

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.