The Lake St.Clair Network: Lee Wagner the inventor of Jobbie has passed away - The Lake St.Clair Network

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lee Wagner the inventor of Jobbie has passed away

#1 User is offline   fitsus 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Home Port: Beacon Cove
  • Boat Type:34 Sea Ray
  • Boat Name: NO Name

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

RIP

Lee R. Wagner, age 85, a resident of Clinton Township, formerly of Warren, passed away on June 27, 2012. Beloved husband of Betty (Black) Wagner, whom he married on September 14, 1949 in Roseville. Loving father of Deborah Oram (Larry), Tracy Wagner (Nancy), Paula Mathys (John) and the late Susan Lohn (the late Russ). Dearest grandfather of six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Lee was predeceased by his parents Walter and Martha Wagner and siblings Arliss Cohen, Erwin Wagner and Robert Wagner. Lee was a life member of the Society of Body Engineers since 1957, a member of the Clawson Troy Elks, the VFW Post Warren Sampson and a US Army Veteran. Lee loved to collect hats, loved poker, was a great card player, loved bowling, hockey, softball, boxing and golfing, and got four holes in one. Lee also invented "Jobbie Nooner", as in the 1970's he and his buddies went to the lake to celebrate Lee's birthday and every year it grew to a bigger celebration. Lee loved his family and friends and will be missed by many. Visitation Saturday 2-8 p.m. at Price Funeral Home, 3725 Rochester Road (between Big Beaver and Wattles Roads) Troy, 248-689-0700. A Celebration of Life will be Sunday July 1, 2012 at 1 p.m. at the Ukrainian Cultural Center, 26601 Ryan Road (between 10 and 11 Mile Roads), Warren. Memorial donations can be made to the American Heart Association or the Alzheimer's Association . Interment Cadillac Memorial Gardens- East, Clinton Township. Share memories with the family with the online register book at www.pricefuneralhome.net

SOURCE

This post has been edited by fitsus: 29 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

^Find the Cure^
CANCER SUCKS

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost!"
-- Ronald Reagan, Labor Day 1980

#2 User is offline   its4play 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: near metro beach
  • Boat Type:330 Larson Cabrio
  • Boat Name: Its 4 Play, matches my licence plate :)

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

RIP my friend. I just said the other day, I would have liked to talk to the person that started jobbie.

#3 User is offline   beachbum 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Fair Haven
  • Boat Type:1990 37' Silverton sport bridge

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

I worked with Lee's wife Betty at Pontiac Motors in the early 80's. She sat directly behind me. She was in electrical and I was in Chassis. She's an amazingly nice woman. Always cheerful and smiling. My thoughts and prayers go out to their family and friends.:(

#4 User is offline   opjones 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Selfridge
  • Boat Type:19' Bayliner
  • Boat Name: The Dirty Hooker

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

4 Holes in one and invented Jobbie Nooner! Was this guy related to Kim jong il
I have no problems not listening to the Temptations

@ArtieQuitter

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   VXR 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Warren
  • Boat Type:2011 Yamaha VXR

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

RIP

#6 User is offline   hammer 

• Calls LSCN Home
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Home Port: MacRay Harbor
  • Boat Type:Cruisers Yachts
  • Boat Name: Hammertime IV

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

I met Lee (and the other Lee) on Bill Fritts boat at jobbie a number of years ago. They had a photo album from the early years. Nice guys.
SAVE OUR SOUTH CHANNEL LIGHTS... Gateway to the Moot!!

#7 User is offline   searay215 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: None
  • Boat Type:Sold
  • Boat Name: NFB

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

beachbum, on 29 June 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

I worked with Lee's wife Betty at Pontiac Motors in the early 80's. She sat directly behind me. She was in electrical and I was in Chassis. She's an amazingly nice woman. Always cheerful and smiling. My thoughts and prayers go out to their family and friends.:(

I was there too when she worked there, we must know each other......!! I also knew Lee and was there the day Wagner and Odell took off for the first nooner....

Prayers and thoghts are also in my mind and heart for the family and freinds of Lee. Those of us jobbies who knew him, knew a fun loving guy.....he was always a pleasure to talk to.....RIP Lee
Wisdom comes when your future is shorter than your past.....

#8 User is offline   Aggressortom 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Boat Type:2007 Sunsation Dominator SS MCOB
  • Boat Name: Mager Thrill II maybe III????

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

I met Lee in 91 my first jobbie out in fisherbay. He ask me to tool him around the party in my hydrostream. I think almost every person there new him. Then he he had me on his boat offering beer after beer. Helluva nice guy.

#9 User is online   Barty Time 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Aggressortom, on 01 July 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Jobbie out in fisherbay

Ahhh, the good old days!

#10 User is offline   beachbum 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Home Port: Fair Haven
  • Boat Type:1990 37' Silverton sport bridge

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

searay215, on 30 June 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

beachbum, on 29 June 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

I was there too when she worked there, we must know each other......!! I also knew Lee and was there the day Wagner and Odell took off for the first nooner....

Prayers and thoghts are also in my mind and heart for the family and freinds of Lee. Those of us jobbies who knew him, knew a fun loving guy.....he was always a pleasure to talk to.....RIP Lee

who did you work for over there? I was there from 81 to 84...got transfered to the Tech Center when they formed CPC BOC

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.