#617 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Boat Name: Three Rules

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

Attached File  a c f m l f.jpg (39.17K)
Number of downloads: 1
Man is not free unless government is limited.

#618 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostSeaSlut, on 12 November 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

Have you shopped on the exchange to know if that is an accurate statement?
Posted Image

#619 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

The ObamaCare Dozen
The Democrats who voted for the debacle are now scrambling for cover. :rofl

The torrents of Affordable Care Act monsoon season aren't letting up, so Democrats are scrambling to help the victims: namely, their own careers. The Senators up for re-election in competitive states in 2014 are starting to panic, though they still aren't offering solutions for anything other than their own growing political jeopardy.

Fifteen Senate Democrats plus Colorado's Michael Bennet who chairs the Senatorial Campaign Committee sat down at the White House Wednesday, and they want all and sundry to know that they let President Obama have it. Alaska's Mark Begich put out a statement saying he chewed out the big cheese for "absolutely unacceptable" mismanagement and "an understandable crisis in confidence." He must have drafted it in advance.

Oregon's Jeff Merkley chimed in to report that even after the two-hour encounter session that was not on the public schedule, he was still "very frustrated" and "I remain deeply convinced that this is a 'show-me' moment." Asked by Politico if Democrats were losing credibility, an anonymous attendee said, "You got to have it, to lose it."

Mr. Obama held their hands and told them not to worry. But that's also what he, Bill Clinton and other horse whisperers said in 2010. The "moderates" who made the Nancy Pelosi majority went on to be wiped out in the largest turnover of House seats since 1938.

Mr. Obama then comforted the party regulars that all would be well once the exchanges launched. That day arrived, sort of, since the website doesn't work. He's now urging Democrats to keep calm because the public will love it once the subsidies start to roll out. Yet insurance is being cancelled, premiums are surging and patients like Edie Sundby can't keep their doctors.

Meanwhile, the Salesman in Chief has been exposed for his fraudulent promises. Before October Mr. Obama's rhetoric seemed desperate like Shelly Levene in "Glengarry Glen Ross," repeating discredited assurances that few believed. Now it seems somewhat sinister as he tries to falsify his history of false claims.

All of which has the ObamaCare Dozen—the Democrats who each cast the decisive 60th vote and are running for re-election in 2014—fleeing for political cover. We offer a list of the dozen nearby, and they're right to worry that voters might punish ObamaCare's implementation as they did its passage. But so far the 12 are trying to pull off nothing more than confidence tricks.

Read more here:
http://online.wsj.co...183713385661566

#620 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

Obama: You can't shut down ObamaCare. It's the law

"it's the law" has been a favorite Democratic talking point for obamacare.

Yet those same people keep trying to change another law....

Attached File  stop trying to change that.jpg (70.17K)
Number of downloads: 3

#621 User is offline   SeaSlut 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

View Posttcg, on 12 November 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

View PostSeaSlut, on 12 November 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

Have you shopped on the exchange to know if that is an accurate statement?

Not me, I'm fine.
I got this today from a friend, partner.
What is not told is how he lost everything. LEO who lost his job before retirement. Heart attack. He's dying a slow death.
The man was in vietnam and cambodia, fought drug runners in the caribean, was a police officer, narc, and chief. An all around BadAssMoFo.
Want to write a book? write about him, he did sh*t other than sitting around on his fat a$$.

Howdeeeeeee to my favorite Pirate and Pirate in training,

As responsible adults, you might get a kick out of this. I went to the Healthcare.gov website for giggles and grins to see what all of the hub bub was about. I got thru and in to it. They have other names for it here in Texas but I will leave that to your imigination. I used all of their tools and caculators and here is what popped up, just for me. At this time the entire SSDI issue is VERY murky and I have found nothing difinative on dealing with it.

Input: 61+ yrs. old, SSDI reciepent, indigent, insolvent and uncollectable by IRS rules; 2012 gross income approx. $20,000.00; 2013 gross income approx. $5600.00; 2014 projected gross income ONLY from SSDI, $15,770; No health insurance, No life insurance, No assets. After inputting all of their requested info and pushing the button this is what came back: No Medicade as I have too much income in Texas. Sambo Kare states that my Bronze Plan will cost me about $5200.00 per year after a $6,000.00 deductable and the Silver Plan will run about $7,400.00 a year after a $6,000.00 deductable. These numbers are based on my income and the website stated that I am $300.00 OVER their max for the Bronze and Silver Plans so I pay full rate. I get NO Tax Credits because I am under $25,000.00 in income. The fine is $98.00, at this moment, so I think I will take the cost effective route. Let them come get me, it could be fun. Ha Ha Ha I don't worry about it and I will leave it up to Sambo's Minions to deal with it/me. I am prepared and was very well trained. I have not lost my touch. Ha Ha Ha

The same applies to Texas Medicare and it all boils down to that I make tooooooooo much money. That is pretty funny. I have also be told, off the record, that it does not help that I am white, single, speak good english and I am a registered Rebublican, they checked and they know. WE (white folks) are supposed to take care of ourselves, their phrase, so I bumble along. I guess the Klan is not a great group to represent us. It is now VERY clear to me why the hospital and social workers were pushing sooooooooo hard for me to sign THEIR commitment papers. I had a few, very serious adult discussions with the Head Hospital Business Manager, Head Social Worker and staff, I made my point directly and they have NEVER contacted me again. Details of those discussions are aveilable upon request, some of it is pretty funny. If I had signed, I instantly became a ward of the State of Texas, they condesend to assign me to a group home of THEIR choseing and location, they keep all of the SSI, SSDI money and all of my med bills are paid up in full with in 30-60 days. I guess the upside would be how long it would take me to orginize, takeover and rule the group home. I bet I could give Jack Nickleson a run for his money doing the sequal.

Overall I am plugging along with out much of a care in the world right now as I have nice and generious friends, a roof over my head, food to eat, Dish Network to watch, (Sponge Bob makes more sense that Fox News) a vehicle to drive when I need it, a gaggle of Docs that continue to work on me, pharamacy reps that provide lots of meds and equipment at no cost,(must be my charm) , a few fun toys and tools to play with, I still function independently, most of the time and a dog to play with who does not bit me any more. What more could you ask for. I am back up to being able to lift 20 lbs. again. I am back under 200 lbs. again along with a 34-36 in waist. I have declined in-home Hospice care for the third time now. I did thank them profusely and for their concern. They do nice work. Maybe I should get my cover shots for Men's Health redone. Ha Ha Ha

This post has been edited by SeaSlut: 13 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

I am the Slut of the Sea, and I approve this message

#622 User is offline   Three Rules 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

:blink: :(

Attached File  can we survive till then.jpg (12.52K)
Number of downloads: 0

Last day in office...01-20-2017 :doh2

http://obamaslastday012017.com/

This post has been edited by Three Rules: 14 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

#623 User is online   Barty Time 

• LSCN Groupie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostThree Rules, on 14 November 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

My new home page!

#624 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostBarty Time, on 14 November 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

My new home page!

Can that be used for the countdown to Hilary's first day in office?
Posted Image

#625 User is offline   Renable'Uomo 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip
  • Home Port: Global
  • Boat Type:Azimut
  • Boat Name: Renable'Uomo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Posttcg, on 14 November 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

My new home page!

Just a simple new guy observation. I have seen you always ask why people assume you are a Liberal Democrat. - Behavior does. What you say and what you do not say.
This can be included into what leads people to believe you are a liberal.
I am just trying to help you, so you may take it for what it is worth.

This post has been edited by Renable'Uomo: 14 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

#626 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

My observation has been that tcg is just as much a Conservative as you think he is a Liberal Democrat. If I remember correctly, he was against some of the bailouts that all of the Republicans on this board were for, because those bailouts would directly save their a$$'s by taxing others who would not benefit... I call those Republicans, hypocrites! :captain:

Or maybe they are Liberals pretending to be Conservatives! ;)

View PostRenable, on 14 November 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

My new home page!

Just a simple new guy observation. I have seen you always ask why people assume you are a Liberal Democrat. - Behavior does. What you say and what you do not say.
This can be included into what leads people to believe you are a liberal.
I am just trying to help you, so you may take it for what it is worth.

This post has been edited by GREATLAKES2: 14 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

#627 User is offline   GREATLAKES2 

• Testing the waters
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

My new home page!

If not, we better prepare ourselves for higher unemployment and another crash in the stock market! :rofl

#628 User is offline   SeaSlut 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Obama has healthcare so screwed up he is hoping for questions on Benghazi
I am the Slut of the Sea, and I approve this message

#629 User is offline   SEMIJim 

• LSCN Pirate
  • PipPipPip
  • Boat Type:1994 Mariah Barchetta 182, 4.3L Alpha 1, Gen. 2

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

My new home page!

I wouldn't have put that comment in the category of "typical of a liberal." In fact: The question is very reasonable, if somewhat cutting. My answer would be: Yes, if the GOP fields yet another weak team.

(Which I fully expect.)

Jim
Forming an opinion on gun issues from what one sees in most movies, newspapers, magazines and on TV is like forming an opinion on controlled substances from watching "Reefer Madness."

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” -- Thomas Paine, The Crisis

Je pense, donc, je suis un libertarianisme.

#630 User is offline   tcg 

• LSCN Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostSEMIJim, on 14 November 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

My new home page!

I wouldn't have put that comment in the category of "typical of a liberal." In fact: The question is very reasonable, if somewhat cutting. My answer would be: Yes, if the GOP fields yet another weak team.

(Which I fully expect.)

Jim

See, you are paying attention.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 65 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Lake St. Clair Network is a local social network for Lake St.Clair and surrounding waterways such as Detroit River, Clinton River, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
We are the #1 source for Lake St.Clair Fishing Reports, Ice Fishing, Lake St. Clair News, Lake St.Clair Boating, Michigan Fishing and Michigan Hunting.