- Discussion Forums
- The LSCN BoathouseThe general chat area.
- Lake DiscussionTalk about water levels, lake conditions, etc. here.
- The Cook BookFind and share recipes good for home or the boat, and with fish or without!
- PoliticsA place to discuss local, state, national and world.
- Local SportsDiscuss local professional and collegiate sports teams.
- Fuel Dock Price WatchKeep an eye on gas prices around Lake St. Clair!
- Active Posts:
- 133 (0.07 per day)
- Most Active In:
- The LSCN Boathouse (44 posts)
- 05-January 10
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Today, 12:29 PM
- Member Title:
- LSCN Pirate
- Age Unknown
- Birthday Unknown
- Home Port::
- Harrison Twp
- Boat Type::
- 2001 220 Angler W/A 225 Yammy 2Stroke
- Boat Name::
- The Rodfather
Posts I've Made
23 February 2015 - 02:29 PMRP,
Where are all the American Coast Guard Breakers? Are they stuck too?
13 February 2015 - 12:59 PMDoes anyone ever ice fish out next to the B bouy in Anchor Bay? Is the current still bad way out there?
03 February 2015 - 12:39 PMI have always wondered that. I have never seen anybody out in the middle of anchor bay. Must be a reason.
24 January 2015 - 10:37 PMCan i ask why we need these ice breakers out there? Is someones life at danger? It is Michigan and it is winter let mother nature figure out how to move the ice. I can understand helping out breaking the ice in end of March early April timeframe but what is the need in the middle of January?
Watching the MACKINAW II out there today, she was moving along at a good clip. The speed and big wake is meant to help break ice, but it does play havoc with surrounding area. It was interesting to watch the ice just in front of us at the Algonac boat ramp when the MACKINAW and the ALGOMA SEA went behind Russell Island. You could hear the water they pushed coming from across the river and grinding the ice just in front of us.
08 January 2015 - 01:09 PMI propose a 3 year pause on the CG great lakes ice breaking mission to see if this mission is really needed. If the shipping companies pay for the ice breaking service they can still do that if they please. I see no real benefit to the general public for this ice breaking mission on the great lakes.