- Discussion Forums
- The LSCN BoathouseThe general chat area.
- Lake DiscussionTalk about water levels, lake conditions, etc. here.
- The Cook BookFind and share recipes good for home or the boat, and with fish or without!
- PoliticsA place to discuss local, state, national and world.
- Local SportsDiscuss local professional and collegiate sports teams.
- Fuel Dock Price WatchKeep an eye on gas prices around Lake St. Clair!
- Active Posts:
- 115 (0.06 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Fishing Reports (74 posts)
- 07-June 10
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Sep 21 2015 09:19 AM
- Member Title:
- LSCN Pirate
- Age Unknown
- Birthday Unknown
- Not Telling
Topics I've Started
23 June 2015 - 11:17 AMThis is the one time of the year four clubs in the Metro Detroit area get together for one cause. The MOMC, DAC, DYC, and GPYC have the 20th annual Muskie Derby. Proceeds go to the Harper Woods Grosse Pointe Community Chapter of the Special Olympics. We have raised over 250k in that 20 year time frame. Last year was technically the largest muskie tournament on the lake and in the country with 50 boats and 300 fishermen. The weather looks good and the fishermen are ready. Roy Obrien Ford, Ameriprise Financial, Embree Signs, Pretty Hunter, US Auto, Detroit River Outdoors, Mike's Marine are some of the sponsors for this event. We will have a full list after the event. Can't wait to see you all out there.
Pics and results to come.
08 June 2015 - 10:38 AMThank you Miller Marina Fuel Dock and Tom Joyce's crew for hosting the event. Thank you Maison Baits and Winfield Tackle for you raffle prize donations.
The standings ended as follows:
•1stplace club - Scott Smith , aboard the "Family Tradition" . 36.45pounds 51 inch length 23 1/2 inch girth .
•...2ndplace club - Roy Julien , aboard the "Lena Rose". 35.90 pounds , 511/2 inch length , 22 inch girth
•3rdplace club - Steve Bacha, aboard "Primetime". 34.35 pounds , 51 1/2inch length , 22 inch girth .
For the Lepage
1stplace - Scott Smith
2nd place - Roy Julien
3rd place - Steve Bacha
For the C.P.R.
•ChuckSmith aboard the "Premonition". 55inch length
ALL FISH WERE RELEASED AND HEALTHYLetum Go Letum Grow
27 April 2015 - 10:39 AMThe Spring Walleye Classic was held onSunday, April 26th at the DYC. It was a tougher bite than years past due tothe cold front. This made for somecompetitive fishing and a lot of moving to find the big ones.
We had a 35 boat field this year with maxteams of four. The teams ranged fromclub teams, charter captains, non member teams, to jiggers, and handliners. This made for some great actionand many new fishermen exposed to the MOMC and what it offers.
We finished it up with a great lunch fromthe DYC and Awards. Bill Shrader ofthe DYC Rod and Gun club, welcomed us at the awards luncheon. We presented him with an Ameriprise FinancialCustom Filet Board for all of his support with the Walleye Classic, SpecialOlympics Derby, and Operation Musk-E-Meet for Injured and RetiredSoldiers. Thank you Bill.
The awards to the winners were presentedand as follows;
1stPlace Team Bohica 24.45 lbs
2ndPlace Team Live Action 24.40 lbs
3rdPlace Team Worm Killaz 23.75 lbs
Big Fish Sponsored by www.DetroitRiverOutdoors.com
Team Live Action 7.70 lbs
We had a tie and it went to a measureoff.
Live Action won by ¼ inch at 27 ¼”
Thank you to Eric Woodhouse who Chairedthe event. He was assisted by Ed Pascuaand Joel Piatek.Inspectors Tim Schwark, TimArdanowski,Greg Virga, andLenny Baumgarten. Weigh Masters Jim Flemming andJim Schiller. Trailer Duty Frank.
13 March 2015 - 11:53 AMWell let's talk walleye for a minute. Set you dates for our club tournament open to the public. Great event with a great host in the DYC Rod and Gun Club.
The March General MembershipMeeting is scheduledfor Wednesday, March25, 2015 7:30P.M.at theBruce Postin S.C.S. The March and May meetings will give members an opportunity toregister for the 2015 season.Local luremanufactures will also be on handwith their goods.
Heaviest Five (5) WalleyeCombined - per Team
Fishing Hours 6:30am to 1:30pm(*Shotgun Start @ 6:30am from DYC
Weigh-In Time - 2:00pm @ DetroitYacht Club
Awards Ceremony & Catered Lunch@ 3pm
Cash Prize Money - 1st,2nd & 3rd
Entry Cost $50/Angler - 4 AnglerMax per BoatHeaviest Walleye Side Bet -$20/Boat
Entry Open to the Public Capped @75 Boats (so mail ours in early)
Mandatory Captain's Meeting SaturdayApril 25, 2015 @ DYC
5-6pm Registration ***** 6-7pm Captain's Meeting
Contact Information -firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Entry Form and Payment to:
Michigan Ontario Muskie Club
21817 Bon Heur st.
St. Clair Shores , MI . 48081
Total Anglers @$50/ea: _________
Captain'sName: _________________________ Phone:_______________________
LargestWalleye Side Bet @$20: Yes No (PleaseCircle One)
AllEntries Must Be Received by April 25, 2015
8thAnnual MOMC Spring Walleye Classic
1. Allparticipants agree to accept ALL decisionsmade by a three judge panel.
2. All boats must passinspection, prior to tournament start. Boats will be inspected in the water, at the Detroit Yacht Club, from5:00 6:15am. After inspection, the captain IS required to sign in fortheir crew, with the MOMC inspector, and pick up your fish tags. Teams NOT signed in or have NOT tagged their fish, will NOT be eligible to registertheir catch.
3. Shotgun start at 6:30amfrom DYC. Fishing hours are from tournament start until 1:30pm, April 26th,2015. All captains must be in line AT the official MOMC WeighStation (DYC), no later than 2:00pm, with your five (5) tagged heaviestfish. Late arrivals will NOT be eligible to registertheir fish. NOEXCEPTIONS.
4. All fish must be caught between 6:30am and 1:30pm onApril 26th, in order to be eligible. Your fish must be fresh andtagged with the tags provided during inspection, in order to be entered. (Aliveand breathing would be helpful!!) The three judge panel will determine thefreshness of all fish turned in. We are promoting catch and release of anywalleyes entered, if you are able to ensure a safe release please help grow thepopulation.
5. Only one (1) angler limitof five (5) walleye will count towards your team's officialregistered catch. Culling IS permitted during fishing hours. Walleye must be 15" or longer to be eligible,in the interest of conservation & preservation.
6. All waters of the DetroitRiver are open for fishing, during the MOMC Spring Walleye Classic. Specificboundaries are waters West of the Lake St Clair 35ft Racon Light, and North ofthe Green D33 Channel Marker at the mouth of Lake Erie. (Yes Sturgeon Hole isopen to fishing!!!)
7. The amount of cash prizeis dependent on the total number of entries, minus the total expense of thederby. The heaviest registered catch wins the grand prize. Pay outs for 1st,2nd, & 3rd places will be awarded. The heaviestsingle walleye will be used as tie breaker for heaviest registered catch.
8. The Calcutta for thelargest single walleye will be determined by WEIGHT. Tie breaker for theCalcutta will be determined by the longest length of the heaviest walleye.
9. Only legal means ofangling may be used to harvest walleye, as identified by the MDNR & OMNR.
10. The tournament committeereserves the right to inspect and/or dissect any walleye which is suspected tohave been fraudulently enhanced, by any method. Enhanced fish WILL result in immediate team disqualification,and loss of all entry fees.
11. ALL tournament participantsmust conduct themselves in an appropriate sportsmanlike manner, so as to bringa favorable impression on the MOMC & DYC. Failure to do so could result indisqualification from the tournament.
12. Protests must bewritten, signed and presented by the Team Captain, along with a $100 "No BS"retainer. Protests received must be submitted no later than 15 minutes afterclosing of the scales. Retainer will be returned IF the protest is found to bevalid. Otherwise, retainer becomes property of the MOMC general fund.
13. Any tournamentparticipants found in violation of the above rules can be disqualified from thetournament.
MOMC Derby Control will monitor VHF Channel 80.
Participants ARE allowed to have their legal limit ofwalleye, per angler, in possession. Please keep these separate from the five (5) fish you plan to enter.
All registered walleye willbe fin clipped, after being weighed, to prevent trade offs.
In keeping with an era gone by, webelieve and you agree, to accept all liability for everything concerning you.Your crew accepts liability for themselves and the organizers acceptresponsibilities for nothing. Thanksfor participating and good luck fishing!!!
M.O.M.C hasn't added any friends yet.