- Discussion Forums
- The LSCN BoathouseThe general chat area.
- Lake DiscussionTalk about water levels, lake conditions, etc. here.
- The Cook BookFind and share recipes good for home or the boat, and with fish or without!
- PoliticsA place to discuss local, state, national and world.
- Local SportsDiscuss local professional and collegiate sports teams.
- Fuel Dock Price WatchKeep an eye on gas prices around Lake St. Clair!
- Active Posts:
- 2,021 (0.47 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Fishing Reports (1651 posts)
- 13-August 02
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Today, 01:29 PM
- Not online
- Member Title:
- LSCN Fan
- 62 years old
- April 20, 1951
- Not Telling
- Home Port::
- Boat Type::
- 18' tracker, 22 ft. Crestliner W/A
- Boat Name::
- I/O HER, I/O HER II
Posts I've Made
14 April 2014 - 07:11 AMTrolled? Only thing open right now is panfish and catfish.Took the kayak out for a couple hours Friday. Trolled small cranks and jigged a bit. Not even a nibble. Fished straight out from the boat ramp across to the other beach and up towards the north dam. Water was 41 degrees at the old creek channel and 43 in the shallows. Just impatiently waiting for that 48 degree mark. Then it's Crappie time!
13 April 2014 - 07:36 AM
12 April 2014 - 07:53 AMNot unusual to catch smallmouth, largemouths, pike , musky and walleye on the same trip there. Have done it many times. Many times all on the same lure.Thanks guys for the replies, very helpful!! I've heard the anchor Bay is great during the Smallie spawn. I would think it wouldn't be too windy in that cove??
If your worried about wind, then best days to fish it are when there is a South, Southwest or West wind. Do you have a smaller boat or Kayak ???
I have a 14' long 60" wide Jon boat. we usually come with my buddy's 18' Boston Whaler. How about a North wind?
A north wind you would be better launching from Fair Haven, although Selfridge is somewhat protected from North too as long as it wasn't NE.
I've never been up that far north on the lake. Is it good Spring smallie fishing? I heard good Pike action as well?
28 March 2014 - 12:46 PM
28 March 2014 - 05:49 AMYes, I get them from a guy off 29 mile in Ray Twp. Generally around $40-45