Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat 1/16 fished 2pm-6pm midway between Salt/Cotton (closer to salt) 5 fow. NOt too bad caught 50-60 kept 25 in the (7"-9") area. They at least had a little belly to them. Not skinny dinks. Used Chartruse Kens hook/tipped w/spike. Also a small gold spoon/jip with minnow. they hit both equally. Water/clear

Sun 1/17 7am-12pm front of the condos i guess you would call it north of Cotton Rd. Started in 5 fow got about 25/only 10 keepers. Then moved in closer 3 fow/weeds and the schools were coming by every 20-30 minutes. caught another 50 with 15 keepers (8-10"). No jumbo's but saw a few lazy ones go by. also saw one nice pike. Chartruse Kens hook/red bead killed em today tipped with a spike. Minnows got a little attention. When the bite was on it didn't matter if the spike/minnow was on.

*Bonus, 20" LGMBass hit my minnow and snapped the line(3lb test) at the hole, then when it went back down, it hit my Kens hook (4lb test) and I got it back into the shanty. Got both hooks back and snapped a quick photo/returned asap (try to post later) that was fun. Also saw a few jumbo gills but no bites!

**Lots of shanty's both days, ice is solid 6-8" although I saw a few unmarked open holes what looked to be exit holes for snow quads/machines??? Not a bad weekend with my boy. No fish over 10" but the 7-8-9" at least had some meat on them. Cleaned 47 fish/not too bad. Water crystal clear.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i gotta try to get out to that area at some point. never fished it. im a little reluctant to try a new place though. my confidence is low as it is but i would have none in unfamiliar territory. im also not exactly sure how to access that area of the lake but looking that up is the easy part.

·
Registered
270 Posts
nice report thank you
QUOTE(STOSH @ Jan 17 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sat 1/16 fished 2pm-6pm midway between Salt/Cotton (closer to salt) 5 fow. NOt too bad caught 50-60 kept 25 in the (7"-9") area. They at least had a little belly to them. Not skinny dinks. Used Chartruse Kens hook/tipped w/spike. Also a small gold spoon/jip with minnow. they hit both equally. Water/clear

Sun 1/17 7am-12pm front of the condos i guess you would call it north of Cotton Rd. Started in 5 fow got about 25/only 10 keepers. Then moved in closer 3 fow/weeds and the schools were coming by every 20-30 minutes. caught another 50 with 15 keepers (8-10"). No jumbo's but saw a few lazy ones go by. also saw one nice pike. Chartruse Kens hook/red bead killed em today tipped with a spike. Minnows got a little attention. When the bite was on it didn't matter if the spike/minnow was on.

*Bonus, 20" LGMBass hit my minnow and snapped the line(3lb test) at the hole, then when it went back down, it hit my Kens hook (4lb test) and I got it back into the shanty. Got both hooks back and snapped a quick photo/returned asap (try to post later) that was fun. Also saw a few jumbo gills but no bites!

**Lots of shanty's both days, ice is solid 6-8" although I saw a few unmarked open holes what looked to be exit holes for snow quads/machines??? Not a bad weekend with my boy. No fish over 10" but the 7-8-9" at least had some meat on them. Cleaned 47 fish/not too bad. Water crystal clear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
nice report thank you
QUOTE(STOSH @ Jan 17 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sat 1/16 fished 2pm-6pm midway between Salt/Cotton (closer to salt) 5 fow. NOt too bad caught 50-60 kept 25 in the (7"-9") area. They at least had a little belly to them. Not skinny dinks. Used Chartruse Kens hook/tipped w/spike. Also a small gold spoon/jip with minnow. they hit both equally. Water/clear

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice report. Good job out there

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have not fished that area since I was a kid. I need to try it one of these days. Thanks for the report!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts