Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok peeps, Tomorrow is dress up day for me. I would like to tie a full windsor around my neck instead of a half. I only know how to tie a half windsor.

Could someone please help me, please, please, please

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
What's a windsor?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Dec 8 2003, 09:03 PM)What's a windsor?

A full windsor is when you tie a tie with a double loop and it makes a perfect triangle.

A half windsor is when you tie a tie with a single loop and the triangle is not perfect.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Dec 8 2003, 08:12 PM)A half windsor is when you tie a tie with a single loop and the triangle is not perfect.
Oh, I don't think I ever knew the name of the knot.

I only do the 1/2.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Depending on the collar, do a 1/2 windsor softly... Don't yank it down tight. You will get the perfect triangle, and it will be the right size... sometimes the full can be a little, well, full!
Good luck Hazy

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Al, gotta flare both sides at the base of the triangle too. Can show you how but can't describe. I am the master at it though!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I agree with Traveler... You need to "dimple" the tie...
Take your index finger and thumb and pinch the bottom of the knot gently, then a soft tug on the piece coming out of the knot will dimple it for you...

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
i hope you're not wearing that ugly tie!!!! JK, like I know what ties are ugly or not, wear one once a year

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Go for the clip on........
....Oh....Or one of those Cowboy type things....

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Dec 8 2003, 09:12 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Dec 8 2003, 09:03 PM) What's a windsor?

A full windsor is when you tie a tie with a double loop and it makes a perfect triangle.

A half windsor is when you tie a tie with a single loop and the triangle is not perfect.
I say do the full. The perfect tringle looks nicer.

Just my .02

Or just buy a clip on tie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts