Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmmm, If I liquidate, I have enough to support myself and Cassie for a year pretty easily.

Here's the question being entertained. Liquidate EVERYTHING worth any value and trash the rest, travel the world for a year give or take whatever, then come back, rent an apartment, get a job and start all over -- but with the experience of the trip and also my professional resume as it stands??

My Father .. Would do everything in his power to kick my but for allowing the thought into my head.

My StepFather .. Thinks it is rediculous that I am even considering not doing it.

My Mother .. all for it

Cassie .. all for it

Me .. dunno, start over from scratch???

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Either way you'll look back at the decission and wonder.

This may be a time in your life where you just might have to do it!

It's all on your shoulders bud! A year from now the water might be up and Dolphine will be boom'in

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Dec 11 2003, 09:46 PM)Either way you'll look back at the decission and wonder.

This may be a time in your life where you just might have to do it!

It's all on your shoulders bud! A year from now the water might be up and Dolphine will be boom'in

right.........exactly

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Tough choice, I don't know which I would do, but whatever you choose, take your time in deciding, and then follow your dreams!
You have to do what is best for you!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I say if you get the job in ATlanta, take it without hesitation. Those opportunities come around once in a life time and once THAT is on your resume, then take a breather if you want.

It's NOT easy getting a job these days...

If no job lands in your lap within a month or two, go for it while you can!! TRAVEL!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Dec 11 2003, 10:02 PM)What Pauligan the Wise One said
Only cut the vacation time back so you have a cushion in the bank

right, I'm thinking like 10k should be ok to get a cheap apartment and a or two crappy car(s) and a bit of time to start over.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another thing, I expect Dolphin to have an amazing second year due to all the dealer networking at the end of the season this year + S.A.M.S. recognition and some other things, sooo Hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Like the saying goes

What will it matter 100 years from now.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Dec 11 2003, 10:00 PM)I say if you get the job in ATlanta, take it without hesitation. Those opportunities come around once in a life time and once THAT is on your resume, then take a breather if you want.

It's NOT easy getting a job these days...

If no job lands in your lap within a month or two, go for it while you can!! TRAVEL!
Yea, of course any job that is offered that I am pursuing at this time will be taken. Working for Hyundai would be an amazing way to start saving though.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Of course you have to make the best decision for yourself

If I had the chance to do this....i would in a heartbeat. With the exception of my 'kids/animals' I dont have anything holding me back actually I could take them. I could probably get away with just traveling and really enjoying one day at a time and not worrying about what tomorrow holds. Just enjoy the adventure, many people only get to dream about doing something like this.

Good luck with whatever your future holds

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i always say: "i always do what i want because I DON'T WANT TO SAY 'WHAT IF?'" as in 'i wonder what if i would have moved to atlanta?'

i have moved across country knowing no one but my bro's best friend, i drove across the country alone, i've lived on ramen noodles, and not in college: just to be able to have the EXPERIENCES.

do what you feel is RIGHT in your heart and soul. if you want to, and CAN (being responsible) then DO IT!

i love ya, hazy! i have confidence in you. YOU can do whatever you want!!! do it now before children and before dolphin takes waaaaaaaaay off!

but try... you'll always wonder if you don't.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Al, I don't know you too well. From what I do know you're an honest, personable, positive, friendly, well mannered guy who appreciates friends (no matter how they may 'razz' you). And you ask little of those you know (except maybe some advice here and there).

For this I hold you in high regard.

...If you can go and chase a dream with someone you love, without hurting anyone else then dammit man, do it! Once you both get jobs that pay enough to support your lifelstyle you'll depend on that money. Once you have children (if that's your bag) then you'll have other human beings relying on your every moves to survive. If this is your moment to shine, bro, do it! You're well educated, I doubt you'd jump into something without doing your homework. You sound like you're at a point in your life where this would be a good time to do something like this.

I hope I understood your original post right. I think it's cool you're wanting to do this!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
ddo what ever makes you happy, and i am sure you would have made the right decission. and most likely you will find something while out exploring that you never would have thought of, maybe a new life, career, ect... you just don't know.
that is an open variable

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ttt for hazy!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts