Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got out at 9am, fished south shore started at the belle and trolled down to the dumps later in the day....was very tough......went 5-6
on south shore, 39,41,43,45, and 47 was the biggest. All on Nils, red bar nils and olive joined were the ticket.

Shot up to the spillway and picked up Kelly at 5:30 fished the spillway area till 8 and pulled lines, nothing up there! Felt bad
for Kelly but I had a good time.

Did not have time to get back to my spot before dark and in my little 18' boat I did not want to go that far in the dark.

·
Registered
332 Posts
nope it had cleaned up, not as many fish as sunday when I was there with John, sunday they were stacked in there....yesterday
not so much, onesy-twosy day.

I did notice at the spillway not marking any fish but when I was coming in I marked craploads in 4-8 feet of water in the weedbeds.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good going! That's excellent solo action.

If you don't mind my asking, what depths and speeds were you hitting 'em at? Though things will probably have changed next time I get a chance to head out... which may be the next season opener, the way things are going.

Looks like the S shore is still the place to be for decent sized fish. ><{{{{{{{{{*>

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I fish alone to change or clean lures I go downwave, with a bungee and the waves it keeps the boat stright.

Anyhow that day the waves were going the right way coming out of the south.....so I would troll down to 8-10 feet, turn around
and troll out to 14-15....go on an angle when returning moving down the shore each time.

Most fish came in 12-13 feet of water.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
QUOTE(muskhunterjoe @ Oct 23 2009, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I fish alone to change or clean lures I go downwave, with a bungee and the waves it keeps the boat stright.

Anyhow that day the waves were going the right way coming out of the south.....so I would troll down to 8-10 feet, turn around
and troll out to 14-15....go on an angle when returning moving down the shore each time.

Most fish came in 12-13 feet of water.

Good plan, Joe. Hit the different depths and cover water until you hit the fish. I was sort of doing that last Monday near the Belle. Interesting that you got most of 'em a bit deeper than they were hitting a little over a week ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts