Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my youngest child Adam, 6'1 225 pounds turned 18 years old. He has a girlfriend with 2 more girls calling the house.. He is out every night... Goes to school at Macomb 2 days a week and works the rest...

What were you doing on your 18th birthday?????

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
February 27th, 1989

I was probably skipping Trig to hang out in Autoshop until the end of the day. Then I probably went out with my girlfriend at the time. (We're still good friends) After seeing her, I probably hung out with JasonR and Pandora talking about cars and girls untill who knows how late.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I KNEW I should have bet that Hazy would have been drawn in by the title of this thread.

I have NO idea what I did on my 18th birthday. Ate cake and opened presents probably.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Do you know how many years ago that was????

I do remember being 18 was one of the best times in my life.....I was totally carefree and loving everything! The world was a great place to be in and I was enjoying it all.

Thanks, PF....now I'm thinking of my oldest who will be 18 in 5 years!!!! You know how old I'll be then???

I hope your son has a happy and safe birthday with many more!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Sep 12 2003, 12:27 PM)Thanks, PF....now I'm thinking of my oldest who will be 18 in 5 years!!!! You know how old I'll be then???

I hope your son has a happy and safe birthday with many more!
My oldest daughter is 26, married with a 2 year old...
My next is 23 and a Civil Engineer working on her Masters..
I'm 56 going on 21 and my wife is 8 years younger then I am...
Don't blink your eyes... 5 years will go by quickly...

Thanks for the well wishes...

When I was 18 years old I had to register for the draft and was worrying about Viet Nam.. A car accident shortly after that fractures my neck and back in 4 places keeping me out of the service....

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
18?? I do not remember....

Just checked the calendar on the puter and it was a Thursday that year, so most likely it was a normal day during my first year of college.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i have no idea. i would imagine at college? working at fisher wallpaper and paint? i do not have a clue what i was doing.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I am counting the days until my daughter turns 18. I'm going to have a big party to celebrate her coming of age and the end of my long relationship with the Friend of the Court. What will I do with all that extra money?!!!! Probably send her to college!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I remember that one well!! Came home after partying with my friends to find that my dad had cleaned out the house. They drove me to my dad's house and we had it out after he told me that since my brother and I were now of age he wanted us out of the house and he didn't want us around his new family because we were a bad influence on our stepmom's kids. Tried to leave because I knew what was coming next and he threw a wine glass that smashed on the back of my head. I turned around and he literally shrunk in front of my eyes. I put him in the hospital with 60 stitches and 3 cracked ribs and spent the night in jail for assault and battary. Next morning I joined the Army b/c I knew there was gonna be no help paying for college from that a--hole!! Not the greatest memory but taught me not to rely on anyone in this world but myself.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 12 2003, 02:05 PM)Wow, Traveler! What a way to break into adulthood...

yeah....... no sh!t!!!

Pauligan, nice avatar!!! Seems like you switch avatars more than snowmaker has posts!!!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Was up-north at my friends parents cabin. (Parents were not present) I decided I was gonna drink a whole case of beer myself that day.

Mission accomplished!

I won't get into any of the other details, but we all had agreat time and I did not end up pukeing!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 12 2003, 01:05 PM)Wow, Traveler! What a way to break into adulthood...

U.S. Army turned me into a "traveler" lived in Oklahoma, Washington state, Colorado, and Germany. Not complaining.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(traveler @ Sep 12 2003, 01:16 PM)QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 12 2003, 01:05 PM) Wow, Traveler! What a way to break into adulthood...

U.S. Army turned me into a "traveler" lived in Oklahoma, Washington state, Colorado, and Germany. Not complaining.
But still. it was as shocking story to tell and to read about.... I'm glad that you made a positive come back into the real world that you have made today...

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
A girl I worked with set me up with her 25 year old sister. She told her it was my birthday, but waited till we were in the bar to tell her I was only 18. I got to drive her mustang to the bar ("Main Act") Where I got so drunk that when we went to the restaurant afterwards, I stayed out in the parking lot barfing all over myself while they enjoyed a nice meal. <_<

I went from thinking I would lose my virginity to an older woman to being too sick to date "Miss Michigan"

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
i am only 17

I was going to my graduation from High School
Whhoooopitty Doooo

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
On my 18th birthday, my Dad took me out for my 1st legal drink. Way back then, in Wisconsin, that was the deal. I remember him saying something about my 1st 18 years were on him, the least I could do was buy him a beer!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts