Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished my usual canal over off S. River again today. Brought home 19 again, several fish over 10". Lots of small fish as usual, once again I bet I caught 100+ fish. Both of my brothers faired about the same, one brother was using half, yes half minnows(he literally pinches the back half off and jigs with the front half) and my other brother was using minnows, waxworms and he was also jigging a teardrop with a red bead, all his keeper fish were 50/50 between minnows and the bead. I must've caught 25 LM bass today, anywhere from 3" to about 10". All caught on a flutter spoon with a red bead. Most all of my fish today were caught on that very same flutter spoon/red bead combination. A few fish were caught on minnows, but I'd have to say 95% of all my fish today were on that spoon. The spoon is yellow fading to orange fading to red with and eyeball looking spot on it in the center and the red bead on the bend of the hook. While in my shanty(in between hole hopping)I saw lots of big fish swim through my holes, most were tight lipped though. I did see one HUGE rock bass swim through, caught one smaller one about 8" early in the day. Not a bad day, beats sittin' at home starin' at the tv.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Muskie_Addict @ Mar 1 2010, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hows the ice?
Where you close to the open water?
I think I seen you guys Sunday on my way back from Candles.

There's a bit of slush on top of the ice, pretty wet and sloppy along the edges. we were in the canal, I had the black 4-man Ice Cube set up, not out by the river, we tried out there off and on all day but there was no fish biting out there, they sure were in the canal though, lots of little ones but enough big ones mixed in to make it worth while. Back to the ice conditions, there's a good foot or so of solid ice under the surface slush in the canal. On the river the ice is about the same until you get out to where there's actually current, then the ice is ontly about 5 or 6 inches thick, probably less than that now, but who knows. I'll probably be back over there tomorrow afternoon for sure if not in the morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts