Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who responded to my call for help for my first LSC musky trip! Launched at SANG due to member guidance @ 5:30 am and had lost 3 musky, landed 2 and had to unhook 2 at boatside due to size,"did not want to hurt them as I have no net and I was alone", all by 10 am. I also landed a decent pike and a 22 in largemouth, was trolling mepps musky killer chartreuse blade and char/black tail must have been the size of the lure or the black did not get bite on 2nd pole tried everything, perch crank, 9in silver/black rapala, very large rust inhaler etc. changed to silver blade black tail musky killer and had musky within 30 min. 12 musky total including the 2 unhooks at boat also lost something very large. Largest fish approx. 42-45in but never measured. All in 7-9ft of water about 200-300 yards out from shore from SANG launch north towards salt, the wind was blowing from NE in morning got a little rough and fish were crazy, wind died down and so did the bite. All in all vacation day well spent! Thanks again!!!!! Next time I may have a fishing partner so i can get pics. Temp gauge on cheap FF reading 67 deg.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Wow! What an amazing first trip! Excellent report, too. Were you running those bucktails with weight or not? Speed? Line out?

I might be up for joining you some time... maybe could learn something.
Great going!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(gimmeteeth @ Jun 17 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow! What an amazing first trip! Excellent report, too. Were you running those bucktails with weight or not? Speed? Line out?

I might be up for joining you some time... maybe could learn something.
Great going!!!

No weight, I do not know speed as I do not have speedo or gps on boat, and line out approx 75 feet. As far as learning something I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN I think someone just felt bad for me being basically lost on what to do and gave me some great luck, we will see what happens on my next trip. When I 1st hit the lake I was basically overwhelmed with the amount of area I had to choose from and how and where I was going to start, everything I did was on the fly and improvise, this lure hits weeds-change lure-bucktails stay near surface-troll up until lure breaks surface then slow down a bit. Again thanks to everyone on here that suggested I go near selfridge and put me on fish in the first place..... 98% luck and 2% work........but i'll take it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts