Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught my first musky today at metro while shore fishing thats right shore fishing!!!!We were at the second peir when my brother told me he seen somthing big jump.I grabed my rod with my 4 inch rattlin rouge and threw to the area he said he saw the fish then i tried making my lure hop across the top of the water.Then seen a huge swirl at my lure got nervous and reeled in too quick but threw right back to the area jerked my lure once and bang.The fight was on i quicky yelled for a net and some1 finaly came after a few scary shakes i managed to get him to shallow water where brother was waiting to net him ankle high in the water.Was a 34 inch musky happened to get one bad picture will post later.How often are musky caught offshore?Were would be a good place to try?Probally a larger lure also i would assume?Plan on trying to catch musky on the detroit river with my dad this weekend alter road launch any good spots from there???? What lures to use ive heard and seen the bondy bait thinking about buying one of them and a brunner runner to start off but any help would be greatly aprecatied.

·
Registered
449 Posts
QUOTE(Walleye_Guy @ Jul 17 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Caught my first musky today at metro while shore fishing thats right shore fishing!!!!We were at the second peir when my brother told me he seen somthing big jump.I grabed my rod with my 4 inch rattlin rouge and threw to the area he said he saw the fish then i tried making my lure hop across the top of the water.Then seen a huge swirl at my lure got nervous and reeled in too quick but threw right back to the area jerked my lure once and bang.The fight was on i quicky yelled for a net and some1 finaly came after a few scary shakes i managed to get him to shallow water where brother was waiting to net him ankle high in the water.Was a 34 inch musky happened to get one bad picture will post later.How often are musky caught offshore?Were would be a good place to try?Probally a larger lure also i would assume?Plan on trying to catch musky on the detroit river with my dad this weekend alter road launch any good spots from there???? What lures to use ive heard and seen the bondy bait thinking about buying one of them and a brunner runner to start off but any help would be greatly aprecatied.

Hundreds of muskies are caught from shore. Mostly in the fall.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Cool! Always great to break that musky cherry, especially with a nice one!

I hope your finances are in order ... muskies can become quite a habit...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great report and way to go but man that pic sux, set your phone to the highest settings for size and quality or better yet bring a camera. Congrats on the first musky, my advice, don't bring credit card first time you go shopping for musky gear, Nice fish I think?

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jul 18 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report and way to go but man that pic sux, set your phone to the highest settings for size and quality or better yet bring a camera. Congrats on the first musky, my advice, don't bring credit card first time you go shopping for musky gear, Nice fish I think?
Ahaha I was lucky enough to get that picture a nice man from down the shore took a picture and sent it to my email not that good But hey its better then nothin!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts