Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally making it up to St. Clair for smallmouth. looking for info on ramps around roseville or metro. I was hoping to fish from metro on down without stepping on any toes. I have a 19 ft ranger( thats allready been under water once oops) so i don't think we will be going out too far. Kind of looking for info on where to start and what to look for. Sorry I'll be a rookie up there. Thanks in advance for any info. Much appreciated

·
Registered
155 Posts
QUOTE(panther24 @ Jun 10 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally making it up to St. Clair for smallmouth. looking for info on ramps around roseville or metro. I was hoping to fish from metro on down without stepping on any toes. I have a 19 ft ranger( thats allready been under water once oops) so i don't think we will be going out too far. Kind of looking for info on where to start and what to look for. Sorry I'll be a rookie up there. Thanks in advance for any info. Much appreciated

The easy to get to ramps would be metro or 9 mile, metro has a long no wake ride to the lake. There is a ramp at ballard and jefferson (take 16 mile east to jefferson and head south that dumps you right into the lake) and i think its called Harley Ensign??? (take 16 mile to jefferson and head north to south river roadturn right (east) and follow it to the end) Best bets IMHO would be 9 mile or ballard. As far as finding bass they're all over try the mile roads (9 mile to 11 mile) or the grosse point shore line south???? of the grosse point yacht club They always produced fish for me, maybe not huge numbers like some people. I also believe the hatch started so the fish (in my experience) will get a bit of lock jaw because they chase the fish flies.

·
Registered
226 Posts

This Lake seems to have a yearly best and I have fished and lived in the area for 35 years but I have not been able to come close to being an expert. I can tell you that this year is a down time for Bass and perch and I dont know why. The Pike and musky may be good but if you want good eats target the Gills and Rock bass, along with the Croppie, even thou the croppie are out of the Bite season.
Just my take on Lake St. Clair fishing, It is still good but we are all putting in WAY too much Cemicals into the water, so be sure that your OK with that or How do I say...? Dont Bitch or complain with what we have done. Not all are using these things and we all need to think about our Kids future.
OK now back to my hormone fead Chicken and Angus beef, I will also eat almost any fish I catch.
Now back to our sport, target the Catch of the year!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(Newb @ Jun 10 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(panther24 @ Jun 10 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally making it up to St. Clair for smallmouth. looking for info on ramps around roseville or metro. I was hoping to fish from metro on down without stepping on any toes. I have a 19 ft ranger( thats allready been under water once oops) so i don't think we will be going out too far. Kind of looking for info on where to start and what to look for. Sorry I'll be a rookie up there. Thanks in advance for any info. Much appreciated

The easy to get to ramps would be metro or 9 mile, metro has a long no wake ride to the lake. There is a ramp at ballard and jefferson (take 16 mile east to jefferson and head south that dumps you right into the lake) and i think its called Harley Ensign??? (take 16 mile to jefferson and head north to south river roadturn right (east) and follow it to the end) Best bets IMHO would be 9 mile or ballard. As far as finding bass they're all over try the mile roads (9 mile to 11 mile) or the grosse point shore line south???? of the grosse point yacht club They always produced fish for me, maybe not huge numbers like some people. I also believe the hatch started so the fish (in my experience) will get a bit of lock jaw because they chase the fish flies.

that would be the crocker launch and it is right across the street from eddies drive in. Harley ensign is at the end of south river road all the way up to the point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts