Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 28 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Personal retriever for sure, I will have 1 or 2 on my boat when I get one!!!

I've got 2 throwables and your welcome on my rig any time.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Years ago when I was a Jr Lifeguard at a community pool we were taught never to go in the water without a floatation device, no matter who was having trouble in the water.
It's been a lot of years since then, but no way would I go in after anyone without at least a throwable, and preferrably my own PFD.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 28 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Years ago when I was a Jr Lifeguard at a community pool we were taught never to go in the water without a floatation device, no matter who was having trouble in the water.
It's been a lot of years since then, but no way would I go in after anyone without at least a throwable, and preferrably my own PFD.

I don't care if you are friggen phelps, those are rules to live by!!!

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 28 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 28 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Years ago when I was a Jr Lifeguard at a community pool we were taught never to go in the water without a floatation device, no matter who was having trouble in the water.

I don't care if you are friggen phelps, those are rules to live by!!!

The first rule they teach you is that most people, even strong swimmers, who go into the water unexpectedy usually panic. Attempting to rescue someone who is panicing can be very dangerous.
Best to have on a PFD and give them a throwable. Once they calm down reach around from behind the person, with your hand under their chin, keeping it tipped up and the persons face out of the water. Then support their back with your other hand. Doing it this way is safer for everyone involved.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Jul 28 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sad story. Something is wierd. Three people go in the water, only one came back up......barely.

Must be a Muskey.

Hence the reason they need to cull more of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.