Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from the park (the one in harrison twp. by eddie's drive in) and i made the big mistake of stopping at the used boat dealer, i think it's called "water's edge" or something like that.

i climbed on an old 31 ft Trojan flybridge. it rocked! it was only 12 grand, too! got that fever!

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
Fever!!!

i always have that dern fever

maybe thats why i have the frigging fleet!!

**tell self 'no more boats'**

for now..hehe

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
2 foot just doesn't do it for me. I went from a 17' to a big 24' and next will be a 30' - 33'. If you're going to jump, jump big!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I totally have it, (more than 2 feet tho) online most of the day yesterday looking! my hubby has to hold me back....

I know if I go to the fall boat show I'm done!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've had the fever all summer. My wife and I are trying not to look at all because we know we'll buy something. We already know we want a 30 foot, but then we'll have to account for docking and winter storage. Not to mention the jump in gas money and all of the other little expenses. It's a big jump from trailoring a 19 foot.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have 10 foot fever, love my almost 26 footer(TRL) but would like to have a 36 footer or more. Cant afford to even operate one of those let alone pay for one
I am grateful for what I have though.

G

·
Since we did about a 5' jump this year, I'm not even looking at anything bigger. So far we usually keep a boat about 4 or 5 years and do a 5' or 6' jump to avoid the 2-fott-itis. Right now I have 1/2-itis. I'd like to find a really inexpensive 15-17' boat for skiing on inland lakes on the west side during the week. Small enough to fit in the garage with a big enough engine to get my butt out of the water. Weekends are all about LSC, but it's hard to make it out there after work.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my current boat is a 25ft Carver Montego. The salon is open, although I have a bimini.

I'm really looking at a flybridge cause I like the idea of an enclosed living area so i can boat even when it's cold or raining. I also want a 30-32 foot boat to reduce the rough ride when the lake chooses to get lumpy.

Any nice flybridges with an aft cabin out there?

Also, the boat i climbed on last night was inboard only. How does a boat differ that doesn't have i/o and you can't raise the drives? i would guess your limited to only the deeper areas of the lake??

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
OH Yea, Always got the fever. Talk to Mr.Big about the boat at the edge, he sells, or used to sell, or something the boats there. He might know about the specific boat that you speak of.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hell yes I've got the fever !
The only bad thing is to keep the same fun factor or pucker factor as my 26 fter that has run a best of 81 my next boat is going to have to run 100. Just can't afford that in a 30 somthing boat.

Although I called on a 2003 30' Phantom. Right now the boat has a single 1000hp motor and runs 111. With 550hp the boat will run 85 , so with my motor I should be somewhere in the 90's, not bad for a single engine boat .
Hopefully the broker calls me back with some favorable numbers.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Pauligan and CK have it,... owe wait you are talking boats,
the are talking wangs

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(gcalan @ Aug 27 2003, 01:24 PM)I was driving home from the park (the one in harrison twp. by eddie's drive in) and i made the big mistake of stopping at the used boat dealer, i think it's called "water's edge" or something like that.

i climbed on an old 31 ft Trojan flybridge. it rocked! it was only 12 grand, too! got that fever!
Water`s Edge very nice people. Look on Ebay They sell a lot of boats there .

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I'm surprised that Mahn Gravee hasn't chimed in here yet.

G

·
QUOTE(soosassy @ Aug 27 2003, 12:38 PM)I totally have it, my hubby has to hold me back....

Sassy, you are really starting to turn a lot of us men on. Would you tone it down please?!?!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
shoot a year after we bought our new boat we were talking about buying a bigger one
spend a lot of $ now on one we have can only imagine extar would cost for around 30 ft. gas dockage . but ian sure we will eveuntually figure cant take money with you so might as well spend it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts