Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was that the same report for the guy that fell in at Beacons??? If you are refering to the guy that fell thru at beacons they got him out and was looking for another guy over that way. Didnt hear of anyone dieing thou.

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE(Ski Patrol @ Mar 11 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can anyone provide info to back this up??? I cant find anything about anyone dying??? I talked to a friend that fished out from crocker and he said he didn't see anything.

I was there at crocker and there was no report of anyone dieing. A guy did go thru and was not accounted for. The rescue teams figured that he got off the ice and went home. No one has been reported missing that I know of.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(hogman @ Mar 11 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was there at crocker and there was no report of anyone dieing. A guy did go thru and was not accounted for. The rescue teams figured that he got off the ice and went home. No one has been reported missing that I know of.

I flew on it. Our info was sketchy, but this is as best as we could figure as well.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Heard on the news someone called in but the cops and coast guard thought it was a wild goose chase. NOT a good thing!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I can NOT speak officially for the CG, as here I'm a private citizen, but I can say that someone did in fact go in the water, but after that details got sketchy....it sounds like he got out and made it home. That's the extent of my knowledge on it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I asw the CG knock some guy in the water with there lil air boat and the wake it made. He was only in 3 FOW and man was he pissed The costies didnt even notice, they were having too much fun chasing ducks around.

That damn thing is loud

·
Registered
331 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Mar 12 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, I can't speak for them....I'm in the helos.
I was watching from the ramp. I saw the guy being lowered from the helo. That was some close up rescue action. It was scarry to see the real thing going on. All I could do is hope for the best. Those helos sure are awesome equipment and my hats off to the crew who operate them. They did a great job. Thanks for not washing us out at the ramp. Keep up the great work!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I was in the other helo; the one that didn't hoist the swimmer. Yeah we were just trying to get some info from the guys ont the ground, and it was easier and faster to just put Cody down and have him go over and talk to the firemen on the ice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Mar 12 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was in the other helo; the one that didn't hoist the swimmer. Yeah we were just trying to get some info from the guys ont the ground, and it was easier and faster to just put Cody down and have him go over and talk to the firemen on the ice.
So he actually works, eh?
j/k

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(wishinIBfishin @ Mar 13 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(esoxfly @ Mar 12 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was in the other helo; the one that didn't hoist the swimmer. Yeah we were just trying to get some info from the guys ont the ground, and it was easier and faster to just put Cody down and have him go over and talk to the firemen on the ice.
j/k

That's too cool
Won't be long now for the soft water
This is behind the Coast Gaurd Station

Water Liquid Fluid Geological phenomenon Concrete

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(fitsus @ Mar 14 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wishinIBfishin @ Mar 13 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(esoxfly @ Mar 12 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was in the other helo; the one that didn't hoist the swimmer. Yeah we were just trying to get some info from the guys ont the ground, and it was easier and faster to just put Cody down and have him go over and talk to the firemen on the ice.
j/k

That's too cool
Won't be long now for the soft water
This is behind the Coast Gaurd Station

View attachment 73241

At least the water looks good and clear, not a muddy mess like around here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.