Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course there is audio in the usual place. If you listen to the audio, the girl was holding on to a buoy for quite some time before she was found.

Matt

Source

2 Teens Found Safe On Water
Boy, Girl Were Last Seen 6 P.M. Monday

POSTED: Tuesday, June 30, 2009
UPDATED: 8:15 am EDT June 30, 2009
AP
BROWNSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Authorities have found two missing teenagers who disappeared from the coast of Lake Erie Metropark.

The Coast Guard said the 15-year-old girl and the 14-year-old boy were found near the Canadian coastline.

The Coast Guard said the teens were riding on a yellow and white Seadoo watercraft and visited some friends on Celaron Island.

They left the island around 6 p.m. and when they didn't come home one of the teen's parents called the Coast Guard. An alert was issued around 10:15 p.m.

The Coast Guard had dispatched search boats and launched a helicopter to search the area between Celeron Island and Lake Erie Metropark.

The Coast Guard said the girl had fallen off the watercraft near a barpoint light and climbed on it, while the male driver continued.

The two had drifted too far apart and were not able to find each other.

Both have been reunited with their parents.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
The lady who cut my hair asked me about this at noon. I hadn't heard anything about it at that time. She said she heard they were found but didn't know where it happened.

Glad it had a good ending.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow, tragedy averted. I hope they know what could have happened now. We don't need anymore bad lake stories, good for them!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Wow. I'll bet that is something neither will soon forget!

·
Registered
354 Posts
They interview the 2 on channel 4 this morning, the girl (clinging to the bouy) said the "ski-doo" wasn't staying running, and she plans to stick to dry land for a while, and once the boy found shore he rushed to the nearest house with a significant number of cars to ask for help, well done on his part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts