Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just ordered a new 42' OUTERLIMITS & would like to rack store it.

I believe Anchor Bay is the only place that can handle a boat that big? I don't know the new owners, though.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
His name is Doug.....Hammer can give you more info on him.....I guess we used to raft with him in Little Muskamoot

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Ok lets talk about something a little more important.....how in the hell can I get a rid on that rig? What motors did he get?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
How about Agitator for the name, you know try and keep in the family.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Milord @ Dec 2 2003, 12:03 PM)Steve that rocks!

Anyway, what did he do with Wild Child?
That was 2 boats ago . . . last I heard it was being raced on the West Coast.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
So, you're looking for a really big rack??

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Dec 2 2003, 12:05 PM)Ok lets talk about something a little more important.....how in the hell can I get a rid on that rig? What motors did he get?
WORK IT BABY!!

Custom Sterlings being built . . . HP yet un-named!

That's not the half . . . the boat is the first of a new Epoxy/Carbon fiber material. The hull & deck together are supposed to weigh less than 2K lbs!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Dec 2 2003, 01:10 PM)So, you're looking for a really big rack??

He's busy w/his wife, so he asked me to checkout a few for him!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
There are some pretty big racks at Miller in SCS just south of 10 mile. I am not sure about 42, but I see quite a few huge offshores there.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I agree with Bill, check with Sassy. Their contract has upto 40' for rack storage, but I have seen 42 Fountains in a diff't building rack stored for the summer.

The only disadvantage is available months for racking...May 15th to Sept 15th. Those dates are firm and they usually won't budge.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've been trying to reach Doug at Anchor Bay, but no answer? I tried calling Hammer & got his voice mail.
I think Anchor Bay would be my first suggestion, if I can get ahold of someone over there!

·
Registered
387 Posts
There is a local guy who keeps his 42' Outerlimits in a lift at Mac and Ray's in one of the covered slips. I know it's not rack storage, but I've got a feeling if he can afford a 42' OL with Big Sterlings, he can shell out a few bucks for slip rental. Personally, I didn't feel comfortable with some joe schmoe loading my $25,000 Scarab onto a fork lift... I couldn't image a half million Outerlimits held up 10 feet in the air.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I guess Agitator was a bad guess.

Attachments

G

·
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Dec 2 2003, 11:57 AM)My brother just ordered a new 42' OUTERLIMITS & would like to rack store it.
I want to know what I am doing wrong in life?

What does your brother do for a living? Have 40% ownership in Microsoft?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
steve is your's next out of the mold???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts