·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GEEZ!!

First I get canned and can't find a stinkin job, now I'm broke
Then my dad gets Limphoma (cancer)
Then we find Black Mold in the attic
Then find out that our deck is rotting from the inside out and is in the process of getting torn up (by yours truly <_< )
THEN my father falls really REALLY bad on the deck Friday night and breaks his pelvis bone in 3 places (along with his other 'bone' and his two 'buddies') He Jimmied his Charlies - if you catch my drift.
Now he is going through Chemo for the next 16 weeks, with a catheter bag and in a wheelchair for the next 6 weeks.

This is going to be a looOOONG and non-fun summer

How bout you? 2004 treating you good or bad?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It will get better, hang in there cutie!!!!!
I'll say a prayer for your dad!!! The other stuff, don't worry- it will all work out!! This may be a trying time for you, but ultimately you will end up a stronger person!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts

2004 has beena rough ride for me too as far as getting work goes ~ I just keep on trying and every day I give thanks for what I DO have and count my blessings.

It'll get better ~ hang in there girl! Hope your dad comes through this ok too

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
so sorry to hear that things are going bad for you and your family this year

I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way Pam!!

It will get better, hang in there

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hang in there Pam!! Things will soon look up for you.
I have your father in my prayers... so sorry to hear about that

Have faith girl, if you need anything please let us know!!
Chin up you!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
when i first read your topic, i was like 'yeah it does.' then i read your post and was like
for you.

MUCHO HUGS to you girl! keep your chin up. believe me, i know it's hard and sometimes you may just want to scream and cry and feel sorry for yourself. well you know what: do it. give yourself a few moments to get it out. you'll feel better and then you can begin to build yourself back up!

and if you need to laugh, let me know... i'm all about cheering you up, you sexy chicka you! you're one strong girl! wheeeeeeee! you're awesome, and i'm here if ya need me!

G

·
pam good luck!!
it does get better.
i should know.
i was laid off @ the end of january,from my main job.
i quite the part time job a few days before.( due to lack of hours to work)
then found out the state was NOT going to give me the unemployment, i paid into for 10 years.
but the good news is i did get back to work TODAY. in the field i have been in for nearly 20 years.
to throw even more salt into the wound, my phone was shut off today.
the best thing i can say is keep on trying it WILL get better.

ps a little laughter goes a long way sometimes.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sorry to hear about your father. My dad told me Sunday when I came home from the boat he has Cancer. I'm not sure how to react yet. He goes in for surgery Wednesday morning

Stay positive!

·
Registered
557 Posts
My God.....that's some serious news. hang in there both of you.... it sure makes me savor each and every day that I have good health.....and a job!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the sympathy everyone - I need to quit b!tchin, but I felt like venting! Man it feels better to just blow off some stress and steam!

I'm heading over to my neighbors hottub for some well deserved r & r tonight!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(Pamm-ee @ Jun 16 2004, 02:46 PM)Thanks for the sympathy everyone - I need to quit b!tchin, but I felt like venting! Man it feels better to just blow off some stress and steam!

I'm heading over to my neighbors hottub for some well deserved r & r tonight!
have fun, have a cocktail and soak all your stress away!!!

BTW- Venting is good for the soul!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the sad news, my year sucked to but as we get farther into it, the better off my year is becoming

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Pamm-ee @ Jun 13 2004, 02:33 AM)GEEZ!!

First I get canned and can't find a stinkin job, now I'm broke
Then my dad gets Limphoma (cancer)
Then we find Black Mold in the attic
Then find out that our deck is rotting from the inside out and is in the process of getting torn up (by yours truly
)
THEN my father falls really REALLY bad on the deck Friday night and breaks his pelvis bone in 3 places (along with his other 'bone' and his two 'buddies') He Jimmied his Charlies - if you catch my drift.
Now he is going through Chemo for the next 16 weeks, with a catheter bag and in a wheelchair for the next 6 weeks.

This is going to be a looOOONG and non-fun summer

How bout you? 2004 treating you good or bad?
You bad girl!
Let's have your father sue your homeowners insurance.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jun 14 2004, 06:32 PM)when i first read your topic, i was like 'yeah it does.' then i read your post and was like
for you.

MUCHO HUGS to you girl! keep your chin up. believe me, i know it's hard and sometimes you may just want to scream and cry and feel sorry for yourself. well you know what: do it. give yourself a few moments to get it out. you'll feel better and then you can begin to build yourself back up!

and if you need to laugh, let me know... i'm all about cheering you up, you sexy chicka you! you're one strong girl! wheeeeeeee! you're awesome, and i'm here if ya need me!

Said the best

1 - 20 of 25 Posts